Page 1218 of 1218 FirstFirst ... 218718111811681208121612171218
Results 12,171 to 12,172 of 12172

Thread: Emmerdale - Current Episode Discussion - III

Quote Originally Posted by ccahill2 View Post
    Once again, huge misunderstanding from a newer viewer.

I heard Mary chastising Gus for stealing Rhona's passport when she was unconscious. I just went back to watch old episodes and found that this is not quite what happened.

Gus, in fact, called an ambulance and really cared about Mary's being okay. I had assumed that he had a depraved indifference to human life and pulled the passport out of her sweater pocket. I was so annoyed that Rhona didn't lead with this in court, that Mary didn't get up to testify about that. However, that wasn't the case at all.

It didn't make his stealing the passport any less evil, but he absolutely got Mary the help that she needed and showed concern.

It makes this story less cut and dry to me. He is still a rat. He still should have allowed Rhona joint custody and he still shouldn't have been ready to take the baby to France.

In a way I was cheering on Rhona when she didn't give the preprepared statement that wasn't the truth at all. But she also went way overboard. I understand it from an emotional level, but she's been preaching putting Ivy first, and she did anything but that. Ivy is going to have quite the stigma in life, being the child of a convict. Of course on soaps, almost everyone is, but my eyes were open and I can admit that the situation was far more complicated than I believed by the more recent scenes that I'd seen.

Eight years is a little crazy. Gus didn't kill anyone. He is guilty but rapists get out of prison sooner than that.

I haven't watched that long, but I understand where Marlon is coming from. He seems like such a sweet, earnest guy. Ivy's best chance for a normal future is with him, not either biological parent.
    Gus is a rat but what Rhona did was purely for her own selfish reasons. She wants Ivy for herself, she didn't think about her family or the eventual impact it will have on Ivy not having her father in her life. Marlon is right to be angry IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Cain View Post
    I do not think so, surely the courts and social services would have to come to a decision about that.
    Will Rhona have to give up working at the vets to look after Ivy? If so how will they manage for money? Marlon cannot earn much at The Woolpack. He works in a pub whose main trade should be tourists, but we hardly ever see any in there. There really cannot be enough meal trade to justify a full time chef.
    i think ivy would be better adopted out to a new unknown family away from both gus and rhona

Thread Information