Page 977 of 1217 FirstFirst ... 47787792796797597697797897998710271077 ... LastLast
Results 9,761 to 9,770 of 12169

Thread: Emmerdale - Current Episode Discussion - III

I am wondering if they are toying with replacing the child actor who plays Kyle. When the truth comes out he could be sent to a young offenders unit for a while and come back with a new head.
    Last edited by Son of Cain; 05-11-2022 at 17:44.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Son of Cain For This Useful Post:

hward (05-11-2022), johntrevor (05-11-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Cain View Post
    I agree that Kyle would have trouble handling a gun that size and weight, as I said in an earlier post, but the lack of bruising would be explained if be held the gun at his hip. There would be no need to put it to his shoulder to aim at that close distance. Al's wound showed that shot had not spread, so he must have been a few feet any at the time. The police may have gathered evidence but when Cain pled guilty none of the evidence would ever be heard. Not sure if the gunshot residue from a shotgun would be the same from a shotgun as it would be from a handgun, as the muzzle is a greater distance from to person firing the gun. The whole story is implausible, but the police have been trying to get something on Cain for ages, so maybe they took this chance to finally nail him, and thought it is not their job to prove him innocent.
    No one knew how Cain was going to plead until the day though. The forensics evidence would still need to be gathered to determine if they have enough to charge him.

Bit of hypocrisy with Kerry and Amy, they could very easily be in the same position as Cain finds himself in. At least Cain was trying to protect his son (Amy's son), the dreadful mother and daughter were stealing cash.
    Last edited by Son of Cain; 05-11-2022 at 17:41.

Quote Originally Posted by hward View Post
    No one knew how Cain was going to plead until the day though. The forensics evidence would still need to be gathered to determine if they have enough to charge him.
    I think what mostly went against Cain was Kerry's evidence and that she saw him wiping the gun. It is a sort of rite of passage for a Dingle to be banged up for something they did not do, or did do. The fact that he did not offer any explanation or defense definitely did not help. Soap police are not known for their brains, the first person they speak to is often the prime suspect, so no need to investigate much further.

It is only a matter of time before Kyle tells someone he did it, he has already tried to tell Moira something, and she in true soap fashion was to busy to listen to him. I reckon Cain will be out by Christmas.
    Last edited by Son of Cain; 06-11-2022 at 15:07.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Son of Cain For This Useful Post:

johntrevor (06-11-2022)

I think what mostly went against Cain was Kerry's evidence and that she saw him wiping the gun. It is a sort of rite of passage for a Dingle to be banged up for something they did not do, or did do. The fact that he did not offer any explanation or defense definitely did not help. Soap police are not known for their brains, the first person they speak to is often the prime suspect, so no need to investigate much further.

It is only a matter of time before Kyle tells someone he did it, he has already tried to tell Moira something, and she in true fashion was to busy to listen to him. I reckon Cain will be out by Christmas.
    I thought that Cain's initial explanation was that he arrived in the barn after the shooting and that he picked up the gun instinctively. We know it's a lie, but why not stick to it.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dennis tanner For This Useful Post:

hward (05-11-2022), Son of Cain (05-11-2022)

It is only a matter of time before Kyle tells someone he did it, he has already tried to tell Moira something, and she in true fashion was to busy to listen to him. I reckon Cain will be out by Christmas.
    Kyle very nearly told Amy as well on the night Cain told Moira when she visited him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis tanner View Post
    I thought that Cain's initial explanation was that he arrived in the barn after the shooting and that he picked up the gun instinctively. We know it's a lie, but why not stick to it.
    Yes that is what he said. But we saw him feverishly wiping the gun down well before Kerry got there. Why?? He also told the police he picked it up to put the safety catch on. So why bother wiping his prints off? He was wiping off any evidence of Kyle's fingerprints.

Quote Originally Posted by johntrevor View Post
    Yes that is what he said. But we saw him feverishly wiping the gun down well before Kerry got there. Why?? He also told the police he picked it up to put the safety catch on. So why bother wiping his prints off? He was wiping off any evidence of Kyle's fingerprints.
    I assume he told Kyle to go straight home. Why didn't he go with him ?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dennis tanner For This Useful Post:

johntrevor (07-11-2022)

Kyle very nearly told Amy as well on the night Cain told Moira when she visited him.
    I wonder if Kyle will tell her. At least that's where it seemed like it might be heading on Friday

The fact he was wiping fingerprints off the gun would be evidence against him and sort of contradicted his statement of finding the gun on the floor of the barn. If he had stopped for a minute to think he could have justified Kyles prints on the gun as he also lives in the house where the gun was kept. What would be harder to explain his how the gun was found in the barn in the first place, as it should be kept in a locked cabinet when not in use.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Son of Cain For This Useful Post:

johntrevor (07-11-2022)

Thread Information