Page 1200 of 1217 FirstFirst ... 200700110011501190119811991200120112021210 ... LastLast
Results 11,991 to 12,000 of 12169

Thread: Emmerdale - Current Episode Discussion - III

Quote Originally Posted by ccahill2 View Post
    Well I cried heaps from today's show. I lost it when Angelica said that she's scared. It reminded me of Dorothy in the crystal ball telling Aunt Em that she's scared. And then my husband had to make me laugh by quoting the witch when her face replaced Dorothy's in that scene. He knows how I think all too well. He can never let me have my moments with my soaps. LOL

It was all very touching. Bob was fantastic today, as he was reading the letter. Then we had Nicola going to Bob to apologize. Everyone lost. It was all so tragic.

Then I lost it again as Chas looked so scared going into surgery, hearing her breathing on that gurney. Then I did it again when she realized that the cancer was out of her and looked so relieved.

I loved loved loved Charity going all Jack Nicholson on Ruby.

It was a phenomenal episode. I just wish I understood Angelica's sentencing and what actually happened in that car.
    I agree. It's just very lazy writing.

I also agree with you about Angelica. I have been sad for her for weeks.

Another strange writing choice last night, Aaron getting a text and saying "She's out". Who sent the text, did Chas take her phone into the operating theatre, or did the surgeon send It?
    Last edited by Son of Cain; 15-03-2024 at 08:28.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Son of Cain For This Useful Post:

ccahill2 (16-03-2024), Dennis tanner (15-03-2024), johntrevor (15-03-2024), lizann (15-03-2024)

I'm glad that Nicola and Jimmy are going to visit Angel, but I fear how horrible and revealing that visit will be. Angelica really seems like a good down to earth girl, at least for the few months that I've been watching. I suspect she's going to come out troubled and a lot harder, at the end of her sentence.

Although it was nice of Tom to offer to help, he's really horrible to Belle. He has no respect for her, her happiness, or her dreams. It seems all about how she can support his ego. He absolutely could have offered for Belle to finish her proposal and then to come join them and have fun for the time left.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ccahill2 For This Useful Post:

johntrevor (16-03-2024)

I'm glad that Nicola and Jimmy are going to visit Angel, but I fear how horrible and revealing that visit will be. Angelica really seems like a good down to earth girl, at least for the few months that I've been watching. I suspect she's going to come out troubled and a lot harder, at the end of her sentence.

Although it was nice of Tom to offer to help, he's really horrible to Belle. He has no respect for her, her happiness, or her dreams. It seems all about how she can support his ego. He absolutely could have offered for Belle to finish her proposal and then to come join them and have fun for the time left.
    You say you have only been watching a few months, so not sure if you saw the episode where Tom pushed Belle heavily to the floor and she sustained a head injury, she used to hide it with her hair, I think it's pretty certain that in the coming weeks or months, she will be abused by Tom again.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to johntrevor For This Useful Post:

ccahill2 (16-03-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by johntrevor View Post
    You say you have only been watching a few months, so not sure if you saw the episode where Tom pushed Belle heavily to the floor and she sustained a head injury, she used to hide it with her hair, I think it's pretty certain that in the coming weeks or months, she will be abused by Tom again.
    Thanks for this, @johntrevor. I had that feeling. I just remember an episode where the family was gathered so that Lydia could ask if they are the ones who killed Craig, and I didn't know the characters well yet, but remember a younger woman saying that her boyfriend pushed her to the floor but it was the only time he did something like that. In hindsight, I suspect it was Belle.

He seems like a monster to me. I suspect that will be the next arc, as you said.

Thanks for this, @johntrevor. I had that feeling. I just remember an episode where the family was gathered so that Lydia could ask if they are the ones who killed Craig, and I didn't know the characters well yet, but remember a younger woman saying that her boyfriend pushed her to the floor but it was the only time he did something like that. In hindsight, I suspect it was Belle.

He seems like a monster to me. I suspect that will be the next arc, as you said.
    It has been confirmed by the producer that Tom and Belle will feature in a year-long domestic abuse storyline, so better prepare yourself for a lot more unfair and nasty behaviour from Tom

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

ccahill2 (16-03-2024), johntrevor (17-03-2024)

I hope you are not right but I fear that you are
    Belle's problem is that she is too proud to ask for help and probably doesn't want her big brother sent to the Chokey for teaching him a lesson.
    Last edited by Dennis tanner; 16-03-2024 at 20:59.

Who do you think will ultimately save Belle and have her escape? (if what I'm assuming is going to happen).

I'd love it to be Jimmy, taking responsibility for Tom.

but I usually think of a woman helping to sneak a battered wife away.

Kim's had some great talks with some of the women in bad situations recently. Lydia, Mary. However, I don't see her in the same circles as Belle. It will be interesting to see who is the one to help her.

Who do you think will ultimately save Belle and have her escape? (if what I'm assuming is going to happen).
    Logically, it would be that nice chap Ethan who doesn't even charge for his legal advice. He should prepare divorce papers

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Dennis tanner For This Useful Post:

Son of Cain (17-03-2024)

I'd love it to be Jimmy, taking responsibility for Tom.

but I usually think of a woman helping to sneak a battered wife away.

Kim's had some great talks with some of the women in bad situations recently. Lydia, Mary. However, I don't see her in the same circles as Belle. It will be interesting to see who is the one to help her.
    Personally I do not think it will be any of the above. I think it will end with Tom attacking Belle and some how ending up dead. Either by falling off a cliff, electrocution, drowning in a raging torrent, some sort of car accident, or being impaled on a spike, possibilities are endless. But I do think he will end up dead.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Son of Cain For This Useful Post:

johntrevor (18-03-2024)

Thread Information