Page 1199 of 1217 FirstFirst ... 199699109911491189119711981199120012011209 ... LastLast
Results 11,981 to 11,990 of 12169

Thread: Emmerdale - Current Episode Discussion - III

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Cain View Post
    Almost everything the judge said to Angelica could equally apply to Cathy, except perhaps death by dangerous driving. Yet Cathy was not charged, even though it her who actually took the car, it was Angelica who was charged with aggravated vehicle taking. We have still never been told how Angelica ended up in the driving seat, just left to assume it was because Cathy was drivind to slow.
    Has Bob ever acknowledged that Cathy was partly, if not equally, to blame? Bob and Jimmy probably best of pals again, by the end of next week.
    It was Cathy's idea. Cathy took the keys. Cathy stole the car.

It's ridiculous that Cathy has got off scott free.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to katie hunter For This Useful Post:

Dennis tanner (13-03-2024), johntrevor (14-03-2024), lizann (14-03-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by katie hunter View Post
    It was Cathy's idea. Cathy took the keys. Cathy stole the car.

It's ridiculous that Cathy has got off scott free.
    I understand that Angelica compounded the issue because she lied about it and obstructed justice, but Cathy really was the mastermind and was the driver for most of the trip, with all the actions spoken about in the sentencing verdict. She just wasn't at the wheel at the time of the crash. It is ridiculous, as you say, that she got off without any charge, because there is no equivalent weighting for the crimes.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ccahill2 For This Useful Post:

johntrevor (14-03-2024), lizann (14-03-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by ccahill2 View Post
    I understand that Angelica compounded the issue because she lied about it and obstructed justice, but Cathy really was the mastermind and was the driver for most of the trip, with all the actions spoken about in the sentencing verdict. She just wasn't at the wheel at the time of the crash. It is ridiculous, as you say, that she got off without any charge, because there is no equivalent weighting for the crimes.
    It would have been helpful if we had heard the prosecution outline the circumstances of the case.

There is also supposed to be a inquest into a sudden death.

Angelica just makes me so sad

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dennis tanner For This Useful Post:

katie hunter (14-03-2024), lizann (14-03-2024), Son of Cain (17-03-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis tanner View Post
    It would have been helpful if we had heard the prosecution outline the circumstances of the case.

There is also supposed to be a inquest into a sudden death.

Angelica just makes me so sad
    i was hoping a flashback as heath had on a seat belt

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Son of Cain (17-03-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    i was hoping a flashback as heath had on a seat belt
    ITV couldn't be @rsed to show us or tell us why poor Angelica was driving and why the car crashed. Most unsatisfactory.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dennis tanner For This Useful Post:

ccahill2 (14-03-2024), katie hunter (14-03-2024), lizann (14-03-2024), Son of Cain (17-03-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis tanner View Post
    ITV couldn't be @rsed to show us or tell us why poor Angelica was driving and why the car crashed. Most unsatisfactory.
    I have said this before but it is happening more frequently, where the beginning and the end of a story are written but important middle parts are glossed over because they cannot come up with ideas to explain them, or do not put the effort into writing them.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Son of Cain For This Useful Post:

Dennis tanner (14-03-2024), johntrevor (14-03-2024), lizann (14-03-2024), Perdita (14-03-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Cain View Post
    I have said this before but it is happening more frequently, where the beginning and the end of a story are written but important middle parts are glossed over because they cannot come up with ideas to explain them, or do not put the effort into writing them.
    You are correct and in this case I can only put it down to a lack of effort.

they went all out with october crash stunt where chloe survived

15. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Dennis tanner (14-03-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    they went all out with october crash stunt where chloe survived
    Not only survived, but out of hospital in double quick time. On occasions when I have been in hospital, in orthopaedic wards, I have shared the ward with guys recovering from car and motorcycle crashes, that were there for months.

Did they ever actually tell us Heath's cause of death. He was sitting in the back with his seat belt on, still in his seat, while Cathy and Angelica in the front seemed to escape with a few cuts and bruises. The car hit a dry stone wall and although damaged, it was not crushed out of recognizable shape. I would not have expected anyone to die in a crash like that.
    Last edited by Son of Cain; 14-03-2024 at 21:24.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Son of Cain For This Useful Post:

johntrevor (15-03-2024), lizann (15-03-2024)

Well I cried heaps from today's show. I lost it when Angelica said that she's scared. It reminded me of Dorothy in the crystal ball telling Aunt Em that she's scared. And then my husband had to make me laugh by quoting the witch when her face replaced Dorothy's in that scene. He knows how I think all too well. He can never let me have my moments with my soaps. LOL

It was all very touching. Bob was fantastic today, as he was reading the letter. Then we had Nicola going to Bob to apologize. Everyone lost. It was all so tragic.

Then I lost it again as Chas looked so scared going into surgery, hearing her breathing on that gurney. Then I did it again when she realized that the cancer was out of her and looked so relieved.

I loved loved loved Charity going all Jack Nicholson on Ruby.

It was a phenomenal episode. I just wish I understood Angelica's sentencing and what actually happened in that car.
    Last edited by ccahill2; 14-03-2024 at 22:22.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to ccahill2 For This Useful Post:

lizann (15-03-2024)

Thread Information