Page 1162 of 1217 FirstFirst ... 1626621062111211521160116111621163116411721212 ... LastLast
Results 11,611 to 11,620 of 12169

Thread: Emmerdale - Current Episode Discussion - III

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Cain View Post
    I feel sorry for Rhona, biologically she is the Ivy's mother, so is bound to feel drawn to her. I do not understand why she cannot just explain this to her family. It is a difficult but understandable situation, with no obvious solution, but made more difficult by Rhona's way of dealing with it.
    Her family know but are concerned that she should not/cannot get involved.... I am glad it is not something I will ever have to decide on....

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Her family know but are concerned that she should not/cannot get involved.... I am glad it is not something I will ever have to decide on....
    I am not sure she should not/cannot get involved, if Gus realizes he cannot cope, the she may have to. Not sure how this would work out unless Gus gives the baby up for adoption and Rhona takes over. This being a Soap I think the baby will end up with Rhona. Agree, it is not something I would ever want to have to decide on.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Son of Cain For This Useful Post:

johntrevor (08-12-2023), Perdita (07-12-2023)

Filofax alert - Was this an unscreened episode from the eighties?

I do not fully understand why it was necessary to keep the manner of Craig's death a secret, even if they did not tell the police I wonder if they should have confided in Sam and Lydia. The longer this story carries on, the more difficult I find it to fully sympathize with Lydia. I know it seems wrong not to sympathize with a rape victim but some of her behaviour just does seem real or logical. Her concern for whether Craig suffered and if anyone was with him when he passed seems just a bit too much, even allowing for the fact that she used to be a grief councillor. Then to accuse Kim of deliberately killing him just seems a step too far. It is almost as if they are suggesting Lydia was still in love with Craig. There's drama and there's too much drama.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Son of Cain For This Useful Post:

katie hunter (07-12-2023), lizann (08-12-2023), Snagglepus (08-12-2023)

I do not fully understand why it was necessary to keep the manner of Craig's death a secret, even if they did not tell the police I wonder if they should have confided in Sam and Lydia. The longer this story carries on, the more difficult I find it to fully sympathize with Lydia. I know it seems wrong not to sympathize with a rape victim but some of her behaviour just does seem real or logical. Her concern for whether Craig suffered and if anyone was with him when he passed seems just a bit too much, even allowing for the fact that she used to be a grief councillor. Then to accuse Kim of deliberately killing him just seems a step too far. It is almost as if they are suggesting Lydia was still in love with Craig. There's drama and there's too much drama.
    I agree. The whole storyline has been diluted and its become just plain annoying. I thought it was odd that Lydia was contemplating going to his funeral but now shes mooching about as if her lover was murdered. I wouldn't be surprised if she reports Kim to the Police. I think the writers have lost the plot and don't know what to do?

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to katie hunter For This Useful Post:

johntrevor (08-12-2023), Perdita (08-12-2023), Snagglepus (08-12-2023), Son of Cain (08-12-2023)

Lydia has no place calling herself Mrs Dingle. She is the most undingle person I can imagine.

Kim was stupid to tell her what she did because she can't handle it. Will Ethan get Lydia's job ?

Rum and Coconut cake ? Big YES. Chocolate sprouts? Big NO

Quote Originally Posted by katie hunter View Post
    I agree. The whole storyline has been diluted and its become just plain annoying. I thought it was odd that Lydia was contemplating going to his funeral but now shes mooching about as if her lover was murdered. I wouldn't be surprised if she reports Kim to the Police. I think the writers have lost the plot and don't know what to do?
    Yes I agree. The scriptwriters have got Lydia mooching around moaning, about the poor rapist Craig's death. Everybody, including the police, are happy that the horse dealt the death blow. So what if Sam beat him up, what husband wouldn't want to do exactly the same, I know I would.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to johntrevor For This Useful Post:

Perdita (08-12-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by katie hunter View Post
    I get some of it... contemplating going to his funeral.. he was the father of their stillborn child.. I can imagine Lydia still has a sense of wanting to pay her respects to that part of Craig. She know how Craig was killed but I also get that he would not have been if Sam had not beaten the crap out of him first and left him in the field on his own. So she is probably seeing some injustice there and she is normally a very fair headed person. I also think that her behaviour is down to feeling a lot of guilt, self-doubt (did she maybe unknowingly lead him on, did she give wrong signals, could she have fought him harder??) I think that Emmerdale are trying to portray some of the so many many ways a rape victim can feel afterwards and how the experience can change a person's behaviour. Difficult for the victim and family and friends not knowing how to best support.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dennis tanner (08-12-2023), Son of Cain (08-12-2023)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    I get some of it... contemplating going to his funeral.. he was the father of their stillborn child.. I can imagine Lydia still has a sense of wanting to pay her respects to that part of Craig. She know how Craig was killed but I also get that he would not have been if Sam had not beaten the crap out of him first and left him in the field on his own. So she is probably seeing some injustice there and she is normally a very fair headed person. I also think that her behaviour is down to feeling a lot of guilt, self-doubt (did she maybe unknowingly lead him on, did she give wrong signals, could she have fought him harder??) I think that Emmerdale are trying to portray some of the so many many ways a rape victim can feel afterwards and how the experience can change a person's behaviour. Difficult for the victim and family and friends not knowing how to best support.
    I agree with what you say in a general way about the response to the rape, especially the part about Sam beating him up. A bit of the butterfly effect and chaos theory there. Without the beating he would not have been in the field when Kim was out riding, and would probably still be alive today. But she did say "NO" and what happened after that is, and should be on Craig, so no need for her to feel guilty. Pity we do not see her at counselling, as the councellor should be helping her to see she is not to blame in any way. Lydia herself admitted that she seems to take charge of the sessions and reverses the roles somewhat. I would not think this the best way for her to get the best out of it. Her friends and family want to help and support her, but she will not let them. Now she has turned on Kim who has bent over backwards to help her. I wonder if Lydia was the wrong character to carry this story. There is something about her "little mouse" demeanour, the way she holds her hand's in front of her body and takes little short steps, that I find off putting. Unfair, I know, probably says more about me than it does about Lydia.
    Last edited by Son of Cain; 08-12-2023 at 17:02.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Son of Cain For This Useful Post:

johntrevor (09-12-2023), Perdita (09-12-2023)

I agree with what you say in a general way about the response to the rape, especially the part about Sam beating him up. A bit of the butterfly effect and chaos theory there. Without the beating he would not have been in the field when Kim was out riding, and would probably still be alive today. But she did say "NO" and what happened after that is, and should be on Craig, so no need for her to feel guilty. Pity we do not see her at counselling, as the councellor should be helping her to see she is not to blame in any way. Lydia herself admitted that she seems to take charge of the sessions and reverses the roles somewhat. I would not think this the best way for her to get the best out of it. I wonder if Lydia was the wrong character to carry this story. There is something about her "little mouse" demeanour, the way she holds her hand's in front of her body and takes little short steps, that I find off putting. Unfair, I know, probably says more about me than it does about Lydia.
    I find this reversal therapy interesting...not making interesting viewing at the moment, I agree but I want to know where Emmerdale are taking this. Karen is a great actress, that is for sure and so are all the other characters involved in this...

Thread Information