Thread: Samson Dingle

Samson Dingle

Sam Hall has been axed from the ITV soap after 15 years.

The actor, 20, has played Samson Dingle since he was five but has been told by producers that his character was being killed off.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emm...samson-dingle/

Emmerdale star Sam Hall has been tipped to exit the soap after nearly 15 years in the role of Samson Dingle.

The star debuted as the character at the age of five after he took over from Charlie Pell, but The Sun has now reported that his long stint on the ITV soap will come to an end.

The article reports that there will be no way back for Hall as the character will apparently be killed off, though an Emmerdale spokesperson declined to comment on the speculation when contacted by Digital Spy.

Hall?s storylines on the soap included a dramatic arc which saw Samson struggle with his responsibilities as a young father, eventually shunning Amelia Spencer and baby Esther.

Whilst Hall could be leaving the soap, former star Alexander Lincoln recently spoke exclusively with Digital Spy about the prospect of reprising his role as Jamie Tate, revealing that it could happen in the future.

?Honestly, I loved it there [on Emmerdale] and I love everyone there,? he began. ?There's always the possibility ? if they'll have me ? of going back. But right now, I've got quite a lot of stuff on and I really want to explore lots of different avenues of work.

?There's a few other projects coming up over the next couple of years which I'm quite excited about, but we'll see. I do miss the farm, for sure! I miss my on-screen mum [Claire King, who plays Kim Tate] and everyone else!

?Coming back would mean going back with a bang for sure, if they would have me. I'm always very excited about the possibility of going back at some point.?

Since he became a reluctant father he has not had any storylines so will not be missed however I wish they would not kill off another young character so soon after Heath

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emm...samson-dingle/

Emmerdale star Sam Hall has been tipped to exit the soap after nearly 15 years in the role of Samson Dingle.

The star debuted as the character at the age of five after he took over from Charlie Pell, but The Sun has now reported that his long stint on the ITV soap will come to an end.

The article reports that there will be no way back for Hall as the character will apparently be killed off, though an Emmerdale spokesperson declined to comment on the speculation when contacted by Digital Spy.

Hall?s storylines on the soap included a dramatic arc which saw Samson struggle with his responsibilities as a young father, eventually shunning Amelia Spencer and baby Esther.

Whilst Hall could be leaving the soap, former star Alexander Lincoln recently spoke exclusively with Digital Spy about the prospect of reprising his role as Jamie Tate, revealing that it could happen in the future.

?Honestly, I loved it there [on Emmerdale] and I love everyone there,? he began. ?There's always the possibility ? if they'll have me ? of going back. But right now, I've got quite a lot of stuff on and I really want to explore lots of different avenues of work.

?There's a few other projects coming up over the next couple of years which I'm quite excited about, but we'll see. I do miss the farm, for sure! I miss my on-screen mum [Claire King, who plays Kim Tate] and everyone else!

?Coming back would mean going back with a bang for sure, if they would have me. I'm always very excited about the possibility of going back at some point.?

Since he became a reluctant father he has not had any storylines so will not be missed however I wish they would not kill off another young character so soon after Heath
    I read this in The Sun, but the picture they showed was a picture of Noah, Charity's son, NOT Samson, so which one is it?
    Last edited by johntrevor; 21-04-2024 at 10:56.

I hate killing children. I wish this wasn?t the plan. We just lost Heath.
    Last edited by ccahill2; 21-04-2024 at 12:57.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ccahill2 For This Useful Post:

lizann (21-04-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by ccahill2 View Post
    I hate killing children. I wish this wasn?t the plan. We just lost Heath.
    there is plenty dead wood characters that could go over samson

no need for vanessa and kerry's returns

it is too soon to kill another youngsters after heath

he could go to college, be a successful dingle, zaks death is also to come

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

ccahill2 (21-04-2024), Perdita (21-04-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by johntrevor View Post
    I read this in The Sun, but the picture they showed was a picture of Noah, Charity's son, NOT Samson, so which one is it?
    Samson

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Samson
    OK! Magazine
    Emmerdale's Samson Dingle admits his strong feelings to Amelia Spencer and asks her on a date.
    Last edited by johntrevor; Today at 12:06.

Thread Information