Page 1097 of 1218 FirstFirst ... 975979971047108710951096109710981099110711471197 ... LastLast
Results 10,961 to 10,970 of 12172

Thread: Emmerdale - Current Episode Discussion - III

Quote Originally Posted by johntrevor View Post
    Yes it was definitely overdone by Jai. I suppose now we are going to have weeks of a dejected Jai blaming himself for Rishi's death.
    back on drugs?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

johntrevor (28-07-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    back on drugs?
    Too late now, but Jai should have taken a minute to think before becoming so aggressive and vindictive towards Rishi and accusing him of lying to him. Rishi did not lie he just did not tell the whole truth, and he did that with good intentions. The situation with Jai's adoption was not the same as a childless couple adopting a child, in that case I think the child should be told at some point. Georgia had an affair resulting in her becoming pregnant, if Jai had known this, his attitude towards his mother might have changed, once the genie was out the bottle, too late to try and put it back in.

Why did Rishi have to adopt his wife's baby, or was Jai born and the birth registered before he married Georgia?
    Last edited by Snagglepus; 28-07-2023 at 14:06.
    Sent from my desktop computer using my fingers on the keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Snagglepus View Post
    Why did Rishi have to adopt his wife's baby, or was Jai born and the birth registered before he married Georgia?
    According to Rishi he did it to spare his family from the shame, he then went on to marry Georgia before she gave birth so the family would believe the child was his

Quote Originally Posted by johntrevor View Post
    According to Rishi he did it to spare his family from the shame, he then went on to marry Georgia before she gave birth so the family would believe the child was his
    That's what I was thinking, so if they were married why didn't Georgia put Rishi's name on the birth certificate and there would have been no reason to adopt.
    Sent from my desktop computer using my fingers on the keyboard.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Snagglepus For This Useful Post:

johntrevor (29-07-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Snagglepus View Post
    That's what I was thinking, so if they were married why didn't Georgia put Rishi's name on the birth certificate and there would have been no reason to adopt.
    I guess in order to legally make Jai his son Rishi had to adopt him, in order to forestall any problems that might arise in the future regarding inheritance or other legal matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Cain View Post
    I guess in order to legally make Jai his son Rishi had to adopt him, in order to forestall any problems that might arise in the future regarding inheritance or other legal matters.
    I think we will find out more about the whole situation because I am sure Rishi's brother will be joining promptly and bit by bit we will find out. Well impressed that the death of Rishi was kept secret, to be honest I had tears in my eyes looking at him at the bottom of the stairs ready dressed to attend his son's wedding

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

johntrevor (29-07-2023), lizann (28-07-2023), Son of Cain (28-07-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    I think we will find out more about the whole situation because I am sure Rishi's brother will be joining promptly and bit by bit we will find out. Well impressed that the death of Rishi was kept secret, to be honest I had tears in my eyes looking at him at the bottom of the stairs ready dressed to attend his son's wedding
    I was surprised that Rishi died, but not surprised that something had happened to him, the way they kept hinting by showing his empty seat. It must have been a big shock to him when he was told they were killing him off. The fact it was kept a secret, was good, this is how it should be, and used to be, no spoilers, which spoil any surpirize, for us the viewer. .

I was surprised that Rishi died, but not surprised that something had happened to him, the way they kept hinting by showing his empty seat. It must have been a big shock to him when he was told they were killing him off. The fact it was kept a secret, was good, this is how it should be, and used to be, no spoilers, which spoil any surpirize, for us the viewer. .
    He seemed ok with the decision to kill him as it was a great way to exit a soap you have been for many years and for it to be kept secret. I think worrying about the next pay check is something all actors worry about unless they are classed as A cat... Bhasker Patel was happy to go this way and is looking forward to other projects. I shall miss him

But if only Rishi adopted him, Georgia would no longer be his legal mother. In these situations, both have to adopt.

The useless vicar smashing that vase against the church wall was both predictable and pathetic.
    Last edited by Dennis tanner; 28-07-2023 at 17:30.

Thread Information