Page 976 of 1217 FirstFirst ... 47687692696697497597697797898610261076 ... LastLast
Results 9,751 to 9,760 of 12169

Thread: Emmerdale - Current Episode Discussion - III

Quote Originally Posted by katie hunter View Post
    I'm not really sure where this is heading? If Kyle tells the truth what could happen to him? Surely he is too young to go to prison?
    Age of criminal responsibility is ten, so he would have to face some sort of court. It would depend whether he shot Al on purpose or the gun went off by accident. At best social services would get involved.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Son of Cain For This Useful Post:

johntrevor (05-11-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by katie hunter View Post
    I'm not really sure where this is heading? If Kyle tells the truth what could happen to him? Surely he is too young to go to prison?
    At 10 years old he is just about criminally liable.

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    hope a flashback will show self defence of cain by kyle, accidental al death
    Juries don't get to see flashbacks. I agree with all you say however.

I have no idea why Cain pleaded guilty to murder. A manslaughter charge would have been acceptable instead of a long trial and still kept Kyle out of it

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dennis tanner For This Useful Post:

Son of Cain (05-11-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis tanner View Post
    At 10 years old he is just about criminally liable.
    In the eyes of the law, I don't think there is a "just about", he will be 11 in a month.

Ok so maybe I've watched too much Silent Witness, but surely the police would still have forensics take a look at the gun and Cain's clothes which would determine pretty much straight away by the pattern of the gunshot residue that Cain was not the one who held the trigger.

Even though they've got the ever so reliable Kerry as an eyewitness and his prints on the gun, considering that Cain was giving them zero information in interviews they would need to gather as much evidence as possible to build a strong case against him. (I won't even get into how an eleven year old would have struggled with that kind of gun and had a pretty impressive bruise from the recoil...)

Can't help but think that at least PC Plod, I mean Craig, would do more digging than that.
    Last edited by hward; 05-11-2022 at 08:23.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hward For This Useful Post:

johntrevor (05-11-2022), lizann (05-11-2022), Perdita (05-11-2022), Son of Cain (05-11-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by hward View Post
    Ok so maybe I've watched too much Silent Witness, but surely the police would still have forensics take a look at the gun and Cain's clothes which would determine pretty much straight away by the pattern of the gunshot residue that Cain was not the one who held the trigger.

Even though they've got the ever so reliable Kerry as an eyewitness and his prints on the gun, considering that Cain was giving them zero information in interviews they would need to gather as much evidence as possible to build a strong case against him. (I won't even get into how an eleven year old would have struggled with that kind of gun and had a pretty impressive bruise from the recoil...)

Can't help but think that at least PC Plod, I mean Craig, would do more digging than that.
    I agree that Kyle would have trouble handling a gun that size and weight, as I said in an earlier post, but the lack of bruising would be explained if be held the gun at his hip. There would be no need to put it to his shoulder to aim at that close distance. Al's wound showed that shot had not spread, so he must have been a few feet any at the time. The police may have gathered evidence but when Cain pled guilty none of the evidence would ever be heard. Not sure if the gunshot residue from a shotgun would be the same from a shotgun as it would be from a handgun, as the muzzle is a greater distance from to person firing the gun. The whole story is implausible, but the police have been trying to get something on Cain for ages, so maybe they took this chance to finally nail him, and thought it is not their job to prove him innocent.
    Last edited by Son of Cain; 05-11-2022 at 12:35.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Son of Cain For This Useful Post:

johntrevor (05-11-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Cain View Post
    I agree that Kyle would have trouble handling a gun that size and weight, as I said in an earlier post, but the lack of bruising would be explained if be held the gun at his hip. There would be no need to put it to his shoulder to aim at that close distance. Al's wound showed that shot had not spread, so he must have been a few feet any at the time. The police may have gathered evidence but when Cain pled guilty none of the evidence would ever be heard. Not sure if the gunshot residue from a shotgun would be the same from a shotgun as it would be from a handgun, as the muzzle is a greater distance from to person firing the gun. The whole story is implausible, but the police have been trying to get something on Cain for ages, so maybe they took this chance to finally nail him, and thought it is not their job to prove him innocent.
    Jeff Hordley has said in an interview that this storyline has many twists and turns so this will not be the end of it, they will probably charge him with perverting the course of justice when the truth comes out but I cannot see him doing time for murder...

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

johntrevor (05-11-2022), lizann (05-11-2022), Son of Cain (05-11-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Cain View Post
    I said a while ago I thought Cain was covering for someone and I believed it was Kyle. Cain took the gun to get the attention of Al, so he could beat him up. He admitted he had no intention of using it. As you rightly said, if Cain and Al struggled for the gun and it went off, there is no way it would have hit him fair and square in the middle of his chest. It looked more like Kyle came in picked up the gun, the pair stopped fighting turned to face Kyle, and the gun went off, hitting Al in the chest.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to johntrevor For This Useful Post:

Son of Cain (05-11-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Jeff Hordley has said in an interview that this storyline has many twists and turns so this will not be the end of it, they will probably charge him with perverting the course of justice when the truth comes out but I cannot see him doing time for murder...
    My thoughts exactly

Quote Originally Posted by hward View Post

But Craigy is a Big City High Flyer. The only decent cop in Hotton is The Swirl.

Thread Information