Thread: Emmerdale Spoilers 27th - 31st May

Emmerdale Spoilers 27th - 31st May

Liam leaps into action after he learns some new information

Tom is concerned when Lydia shares some unsettling news

Cain considers his options after Kyle opens up to him
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Exclamation Emmerdale Spoilers 27th - 31st May 2024

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emm...-king-fearful/

Emmerdale's Tom King fears that he's losing control of his wife Belle next week.

The villain worries about the implications when Belle reaches out to Lydia Dingle for support.

Emmerdale has launched a new chapter of Belle's emotional story, as Tom is now trying to falsely paint her as abusive and controlling.

Tom lied about Belle during a doctors appointment with Liam Cavanagh this week, after promising his wife that he'd seek help for his violent and abusive behaviour.

In the coming days, Tom's scheming escalates as he goads Belle into pushing him over in the street, which is witnessed by some of the other villagers.

Tom then meddles with Belle's medication and she's admitted to a Mental Health Crisis Assessment Centre.

In follow-on scenes next week, Belle remains at the Centre and she invites Lydia to come and visit her.

Tom is unsettled by the implications of this, noting that Belle has reached out to Lydia rather than him.

Feeling frustrated and unsettled, Tom comes up with a plan to further control the situation. Will he get the outcome he wants?

Eden Taylor-Draper, who plays Belle, recently spoke about the viewer reaction to her character's ongoing storyline.

She told us: "People have reached out, which I think is a great sign that everything is resonating in some way. So many people go through this and I'm really grateful that I've been able to play out Belle's story.

"We've worked with charities and people that have gone through this and it's important that what we're portraying is real."

Asked how she switches off after a tough day of filming, Eden replied: "I get a bath or I go for a run. I feel like the minute I finish on set, I leave the building, I try and do something active or I try to switch off.

"I love cooking and I cook every night. I feel like I'm very 'routine' in switching off."

Emmerdale airs these scenes on Monday, May 27.

If you've been affected by any of the issues raised in this story, organisations including Refuge (www.refuge.org.uk) and Women's Aid (www.womensaid.org.uk) can provide further support and information. The 24-hour, freephone National Domestic Abuse Helpline is 0808 2000 247. The US National Domestic Violence Hotline is 1-800-799-SAFE (7233), or text LOVEIS to 22522.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emm...n-death-fears/

Emmerdale airs worrying scenes for Ethan Anderson next week as he suffers a shock collapse on the day of his court appearance.

Ethan's father Charles can't help fearing the worst as the young lawyer's health takes a devastating turn.

Early next week, Ethan prepares to face court over the recent car accident that left Nicky Miligan in a coma.

Still feeling guilty over his poor choices on the day of the crash, Ethan has a heartfelt conversation with Charles.

Shortly afterwards, Charles returns from the kitchen into the living room and finds that Ethan has collapsed on the floor.

Charles' partner Manpreet Sharma jumps in and tries to resuscitate Ethan, but she struggles to make any progress.

As time passes by and there's no change in Ethan's condition, Charles is terrified and starts to fear the worst. Will Ethan survive?

This all takes place a few days after a hit and run incident involving Ethan, which plays out in Emmerdale's milestone 10,000th episode this Wednesday (May 22).

On the day of the village fete, someone deliberately knocks over Ethan in a car ? seemingly to take revenge over what happened with Nicky.

Ethan stumbles back into the village and says that he didn't see his attacker, while main suspects Cain, Caleb and Ruby all look shifty. Could next week's collapse be a delayed after-effect from the hit and run?

Speaking recently about the mystery, Will Ash ? who plays Caleb ? told us: "It could easily be Caleb or even Cain who runs over Ethan. They've got form for stuff like that where they look for some kind of retribution. I think in this instance, in terms of motivation for Caleb, it's all there right in front of him, what has happened.

"There's no grey areas at all with it, as Ethan is in the wrong. So I think either of us could have done it, or any of the three of us. It's totally motivated."

Emmerdale airs these scenes on Tuesday, May 28.

Monday

Belle King is now in a Mental Health Crisis Assessment Centre thanks to her husband Tom.

Little does she know, she's not having another episode. Tom has messed with his schizophrenic wife's meds and fed GP Liam a pack of lies about the abuse he's suffering at home with his angry wife.

The vet is desperate to keep Belle under his control and it's got all the harder since she tackled him over his violence and anger issues.

But Tom panics when he finds out that it's Lydia who's been asked to visit his wife rather than him.

Emmerdale spoilers, Lydia Dingle

Will Lydia find out from Belle what her abusive husband Tom has been doing to her behind closed doors?

Now that Belle is in a safe space, is she about to speak out and actually tell someone what her abusive husband has been doing to her?

Can Tom find a way to intervene and save himself?

Elsewhere, Ethan overhears a conversation between Ruby and Rose which leaves his blood running cold. And Leyla's given cause to suspect Ella isn't quite on the level?

Tuesday

Ethan Anderson collapses and is unresponsive

As Ethan Anderson's plea hearing looms, he's a bag of nerves. But the lawyer has accepted his fate. He knows he was wrong to have done a runner when he crashed Nicky Miligan's car and left him for dead.

Assuming his freedom is about to come to an end in court, Ethan's determined to do something useful with his last moments.

Opening up to Charles, he tells his dad about the conversation he overheard between Ruby and Rose revealing that he's worried that Dawn is going to get caught up in it all.

Acting on vicar Charles' advice, Ethan calls Dawn ? who's still camped out at the hospital with her baby son Evan ? and leaves her a voicemail filling her in? What will Dawn do when she later hears the message?

Dawn listens to Ethan's revealing voicemail
    Meanwhile, feeling better about himself, Ethan continues chatting to his father as they potter about the house getting ready to head to court.

But Charles gets the shock of his life when he re-enters the lounge only to find his son collapsed on the floor, unresponsive.

Leaping into action, the distraught dad tries to rouse Ethan.

Fortunately his GP partner, Manpreet, is on hand. But when she fails to resuscitate him, is this it for Ethan?

Has Ruby Miligan's hit and run on Ethan taken a deathly toll?

Wednesday

Leyla Harding's decided there's something decidedly off about Ella Forster and she's determined to find out what.

But the amateur sleuth's deep dive into the depths of the internet fails to come up trumps.

There's not a sausage about Ella on any website and in Leyla's opinion that's suspicious in itself.

Is the doctor's receptionist even called Ella?

Worried about her ex, Leyla summons Liam to Take A Vow where she and Suzy fill in the Doc.

Will Liam take stock of all he's found out about his girlfriend lately? She's been sleeping in her car, she didn't want her photo taken at the village fete and she bit Mandy's head off when she dared to ask her a question about her family.

Is Ella who she says she is or is she just super private?

Elsewhere, as Belle's guilt kicks in, her abusive husband Tom's plan is clearly working.

Thursday

It's come to Liam Cavanagh's attention that his girlfriend Ella Forster doesn't exist as far as the internet is concerned.

His ex, Leyla, alerted him to the fact and isn't about to drop the issue.

But as the suspicious wedding planner continues sniffing about looking for answers about the receptionist, Manpreet passes on some information to Liam which jolts the laidback GP into action too.

Having recently clumsily told Liam that she found Ella sleeping in her car ? despite promising she wouldn't say a word ? what else does GP Manpreet know about their employee?

What does Manpreet tell her colleague about Ella to send him into such a spin? And where does Liam rush off to? and why?

All will be revealed?

Friday

Cain Dingle has to summon up all his dad skills to try to help his little lad, Kyle.

The fiery Dingle is devastated for his son when he finds out he's being bullied again.

Hoping that they'd left Kyle's nightmare in the past, Cain learns the little boy's fatal accident ? which saw him accidentally shoot and kill Al Chapman ? has reared its ugly head again and is being used against him.

Not wanting Kyle to suffer, the mechanic dad is driven to wonder if his family should up sticks and move elsewhere.

Will Moira get on board with her husband's idea about moving?

Elsewhere, in the wake of the information she passed on to Liam about Ella, Manpreet is feeling betrayed. Who's upset her, and why?
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emm...ing-discovery/

Monday 27 May 2024 at 19:00 on ITV1

Ethan is shocked when he overhears a conversation between Rose and Ruby.

Meanwhile, Tom is frustrated.

Elsewhere, Leyla is suspicious about Ella.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emm...apses-at-home/

Tuesday 28 May 2024 at 19:00 on ITV1

Ethan and Charles have a heartfelt conversation whilst preparing for court, but Charles is frantic after he returns from the kitchen to find Ethan has suddenly collapsed on the floor.

Manpreet tries in vain to resuscitate Ethan. Charles is terrified as he fears the worst.

Meanwhile, Dawn is concerned.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emm...ork-continues/

Wednesday 29 May 2024 at 19:00 on ITV1

Leyla is determined to find answers about Ella.

Meanwhile, Belle feels guilty, and Tom's plan is working.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emm...es-confession/

Thursday 30 May 2024 at 19:00 on ITV1

Manpreet confesses.

Meanwhile, Liam's heart breaks for Ella.

Elsewhere, Ruby breaks down.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emm...ders-big-move/

Friday 31 May 2024 at 19:00 on ITV1

Cain considers moving to give Kyle a new start after he revealed he's once again being bullied at school. Charity worries about him.

Meanwhile, Manpreet feels betrayed.

Thread Information