Page 1219 of 1219 FirstFirst ... 219719111911691209121712181219
Results 12,181 to 12,185 of 12185

Thread: Emmerdale - Current Episode Discussion - III

Quote Originally Posted by katie hunter View Post
    Dawn changed her tune pretty quickly. Yesterday she was saying that Kim had been more of a mother to her, today she rolls out the red-carpet to Rose. Bizarre behaviour.
    Totally agree

And it doesn't even make sense. There is one thing to want to talk to your mother to learn more about her psyche and what makes you you. It is another thing to not only invite her to live with you, but in another's home. That's quite the violation, and it doesn't even make sense. It's as though another set of writers write this episode.

Quote Originally Posted by ccahill2 View Post
    And it doesn't even make sense. There is one thing to want to talk to your mother to learn more about her psyche and what makes you you. It is another thing to not only invite her to live with you, but in another's home. That's quite the violation, and it doesn't even make sense. It's as though another set of writers write this episode.
    I keep saying this... it is not real life, it is DRAMA... unfortunately not the kind where you keep your breath until the end...

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    I keep saying this... it is not real life, it is DRAMA... unfortunately not the kind where you keep your breath until the end...
    Drama, yes, but poor drama. I think good drama has to be rooted in reality to some extent. Otherwise instead of being gripped by the story, you are watching it thinking, this is silly, and not fully engaging with it.

Instead of introducing Rose before she was needed, they could have found out about Evan's leukemia then realized that they needed to trace her, as she might be a match for his treatment. Far more drama if it was a race against time to find her before Evan seccumbed to his illness.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Son of Cain For This Useful Post:

ccahill2 (Yesterday), lizann (Yesterday)

Wow. Major powerful show today. I loved Chas going off on Kerry. I loved her soul searching, realizing that she didn't want the prosthetics. (Can mastectomy patients get reconstruction in the UK or is that cosmetic and out of pocket?). They didn't mention that third option at all that I can remember. I loved her knowing that she was more than her body. I especially loved how wonderful Charity was and helped her to get over that hump by being there for her.

The Dingles are a mess, but I love how they stick together when times are bad.

Then the baby. When I saw that changing table without any raised edge, I knew what was about to happen and the thought made me sick, and that thump when Evan hit the floor was horrible. That baby is so lucky that he wasn't brain damaged from the fall.

However, that fall might have been a stroke of fate if it allowed for a diagnosis that led to early warnings about a potential disease as awful as leukemia, to allow the family to stay one step ahead of it. I'm glad that this didn't turn into an investigation into abuse. But I'm guilty as well. When she saw the bruise, the first thing that I wondered was whether Rose was alone with the baby and was she drinking at that time.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ccahill2 For This Useful Post:

lizann (Today)

Thread Information