Page 932 of 1084 FirstFirst ... 4328328829229309319329339349429821032 ... LastLast
Results 9,311 to 9,320 of 10831

Thread: Eastenders - Current Episode Discussion - VIII

Unbelievable! After all that he said, Sharon still didn't up freeing Gavin! And I thought Kathy was the idiot one.

Then again, I can understand her feelings. I mean, finding her birth dad after all this time, she would understandably be shocked and confused, and grieved from all the things he said. Plus, Gavin is a master-manipulator, which we've already seen. But what she's done is obviously going to have repercussions, as he's free now to cause more havoc.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to storyseeker1 For This Useful Post:

Rear window (03-11-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    I liked the scenes of Sharon and Gavin
    I agree, they were very good.

Quote Originally Posted by xx_Dan_xx View Post
    Did Sharon's brain disappear half way through the episode, because I swear it disappeared towards the end...
    Do you mean that she freed Gavin? I'm not so sure that she did. I thought both she and Kathy looked guilty in the final shot, so I assumed both were in the frame. However, my money's on Gavin manipulating Dennis into letting him go. There were long periods when the adults of the household were in the kitchen discussing Gavin, and Dennis was upstairs alone. He could easily have crept downstairs to catch another glimpse of the strange man who'd claimed to be his grandfather.

Sarah Phelps, the writer who penned the episode where the newly resurrected Den greeted Sharon with the iconic "hello princess", has taken to Twitter to vent her disgust at Gavin claiming the line:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2...psVYBrWCJuhNJf

That was a very funny tweet (though I think she's deleted it now), but I wonder if she's jumping the gun a bit there. Gavin quickly changed tack from uncaring brute of a sperm donor when Sharon said she was calling the police. I didn't believe him when he said he gave Den the "hello princess" line. I assumed he was just playing mind games to try to wrong foot her and buy himself more time. I hope she wasn't stupid enough to free the man who kidnapped and abused her husband...

I'm glad Mick changed his mind about getting rid of Dean permanently. It's good to have one completely moral man in the quagmire of liars, schemers and villains that is Albert Square nowadays.
    Last edited by Dazzle; 03-11-2015 at 01:56.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (03-11-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by storyseeker1 View Post
    Unbelievable! After all that he said, Sharon still didn't up freeing Gavin! And I thought Kathy was the idiot one.

Then again, I can understand her feelings. I mean, finding her birth dad after all this time, she would understandably be shocked and confused, and grieved from all the things he said. Plus, Gavin is a master-manipulator, which we've already seen. But what she's done is obviously going to have repercussions, as he's free now to cause more havoc.
    It seems I'm alone in not assuming Sharon freed Gavin. Maybe I'm giving her (and the writers) too much credit...
    Last edited by Dazzle; 03-11-2015 at 02:02.

OH it's all just part of the madness that is Eastenders at the moment.

So frustrating. He might have freed himself - but my money is on Sharon - she was last out of the room I think. (It has two doors, the one the copper was stood by and the one just before the kitchen door)
    Why didn't the police burst in through all the rooms? They'd had a panic alarm go off. And why no one at the back gate too?

Gavin getting a crack over the head was excellent though.
    I'd have liked someone to press the panic button there and then though.

I think it's quite Bond Villain isn't it. They always spend too much time talking to him and not just killing him and then he escapes.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rear window For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (03-11-2015)

OH it's all just part of the madness that is Eastenders at the moment.

So frustrating. He might have freed himself - but my money is on Sharon - she was last out of the room I think. (It has two doors, the one the copper was stood by and the one just before the kitchen door)
    Why didn't the police burst in through all the rooms? They'd had a panic alarm go off. And why no one at the back gate too?

Gavin getting a crack over the head was excellent though.
    I'd have liked someone to press the panic button there and then though.

I think it's quite Bond Villain isn't it. They always spend too much time talking to him and not just killing him and then he escapes.

Writer Sarah Phelps has now calmed down about Gavin stealing "hello princess" from Den. Her latest, quite revealing tweet:

Spoiler:
    tbh now i;m not pissed as a stoat think Gavin manipulating Sharon will be cruel & intriguing

https://twitter.com/PhelpsieSarah/st...39122251321344

I wouldn't be surprised if someone in the know had a word.

Quote Originally Posted by Rear window View Post
    He might have freed himself - but my money is on Sharon - she was last out of the room I think.
    Yes, it seems I got it wrong because on every site I've looked everybody assumes Sharon was the culprit.

why does phil have to give kathy more money, cant ian help her out

whitney and her make over don't fit the pub or carter clan, she is a spare part

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post

Kathy needs a job. What happens to your pension when you've pretended to be dead? She's 64 according to http://eastenders.wikia.com/wiki/Kathy_Sullivan

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post

Kathy needs a job. What happens to your pension when you've pretended to be dead? She's 64 according to http://eastenders.wikia.com/wiki/Kathy_Sullivan

Thread Information