Page 869 of 1084 FirstFirst ... 369769819859867868869870871879919969 ... LastLast
Results 8,681 to 8,690 of 10831

Thread: Eastenders - Current Episode Discussion - VIII

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    I'm coming to the conclusion Jay must have admitted it to protect Ben from going to prison. Remember, Marsden warned the latter it would be a real prison this time. If Ritchie was Jay's solicitor, she could have pressured him into taking the fall (on instructions from Phil). I really hope this is clarified at some point!

The other fingerprints can be easily be explained as they're all from people who knew Lucy well and had easy access to her things.
    Phil don't fall into this category

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Phil don't fall into this category
    Were his fingerprints even on the phone and purse? I don't know if he took them out of the plastic bag. If they were, he's a friend of the family so could have picked them up at some point. While that's not likely, I don't think the police would seriously look at him for mugging Lucy anyway. He hasn't been a suspect for her murder either (I can't remember why though).

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    Were his fingerprints even on the phone and purse? I don't know if he took them out of the plastic bag. If they were, he's a friend of the family so could have picked them up at some point. While that's not likely, I don't think the police would seriously look at him for mugging Lucy anyway. He hasn't been a suspect for her murder either (I can't remember why though).
    If Phil's prints were on them Marsden would have in unless he too was having an affair with Lucy like Max

It is very sloppy writing for Jay's whole arrest and Lola's exit

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (02-08-2015), lizann (03-08-2015), maidmarian (02-08-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    It is very sloppy writing for Jay's whole arrest and Lola's exit
    I wouldn't mind if the writers would just explain their thought processes.

Agree about poor Lola.

Phil's fingerprints might be on them because he handed them in. Did he explain how he got them?

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    Phil's fingerprints might be on them because he handed them in. Did he explain how he got them?
    he found them down his couch

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

parkerman (03-08-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    Ah, yes. that's right. Thank you for reminding me.

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    Yes, that condundrum: how Phil was even allowed by Marsden to go. First he couldn't remember whether he found the items before or after the police searched his house, then he admitted one way or the other but I can't remember which. Either way would surely have been enough to have him for something. If he said before, then that's obstructing an investigation and whatever other associated charges. If he said after then surely it's obvious he was lying as the search team would surely have looked there.

Ben's prints were on Lucy's purse and phone I think. Marsden was talking about his prints being on there (I think it was before the items came back from the lab) and Richie said that unless she could date the prints, she'd be in trouble. I think we're just supposed to assume that the prints eventually came back and that Ben was released on that basis.

I agree, Jay probably had a duty solicitor and if Phil offered to pay for Richie, he'd have told him to stick it since he had again used him for his own ends. I'm not sure what "no comment" achieves but there we go, I'd say it makes you look like you've got something to hide.

It was as if Marsden just let Ben off because she and Richie knew that she'd overstepped the line earlier. I agree with Dazzle, we should've seen it both because Marsden having to let Ben go would have been entertaining and because we'd have been given a (probably implausible) reason for his release. If I were Marsden, I'd have been making enquiries into when it was that Lucy got that phone - if it was after August 2012, then surely it would have been evidence against Ben as his prints couldn't have got there by innocent means prior to his going to prison. He'd have to have at least seen Lucy while in breach of his bail conditions, which she could have done him for.

Did anyone ever find out that Jay mugged Lucy in 2009? If so, then perhaps Jay's form for the specific offence counted against him.
    Last edited by Kim; 03-08-2015 at 10:18.

Thread Information