Page 865 of 1084 FirstFirst ... 365765815855863864865866867875915965 ... LastLast
Results 8,641 to 8,650 of 10831

Thread: Eastenders - Current Episode Discussion - VIII

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    i think abi could see ben with any dude straddling him and she'd still want ben
    Yes- finding out the truth doesnt seem to cure
    that sort of obsession - in fact can make it
    stronger!!

It was the vengeance thats sought and the
    damage done that I was referring to.
    Because seem to still want that - even tho
    it would make the object of their obsession
    think even less of them!

They arent thinking rationally- or at all.

what does max know did lauren tell him all or what did he see

why did lola leave, jay will get out as ben did

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (29-07-2015), Glen1 (29-07-2015), parkerman (28-07-2015), tammyy2j (28-07-2015)

Exactly what I was thinking. Has Ben been charged with robbery? Either way, Jay will now need her to stay in Walford, surely.

Ian: "We said we'd protect Bobby at all costs. This is the price we have to pay." The price they have to pay??? Tell Max that!

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (29-07-2015), Glen1 (29-07-2015), lizann (29-07-2015), maidmarian (28-07-2015), tammyy2j (28-07-2015)

If Max knows who the killer is, why not say unless he believes it is Abi who killed Lucy

I didn't like Lola's exit as it made no sense to me, she leaves her family and job to move to where Dexter is without Jay

How was Ben not charged with robbery or was he and is out on bail?

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (29-07-2015), Glen1 (29-07-2015), lizann (29-07-2015)

Anyone else laugh at Bobby's "die, die, die" to his computer game? The writers are taking great pleasure in reminding us of his guilt (and upping his creep factor) at every opportunity.

So Abi doesn't have any doubts that her father's a killer...and neither is she particularly disturbed by it!

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    It is possible that under pressure from Lauren to get her dad off, Jane "confesses" to the murder to protect Bobby and tells Ian and Lauren not to tell the police it was Bobby. That would still leave EE free to develop the Bobby Beale as a twisted psycho story. Mind you, I've not heard about Laurie Brett leaving any time soon.
    That's a very good idea! I don't think the writers will want to lose Jane from the Beale family unit unless Laurie Brett decides to leave. Ian and Jane make a deliciously twisted co-dependent unit who seem to be taking it in turns to encourage each other when one of them weakens. I hope we don't lose that any time soon, although something's got to give somewhere along the line.

Quote Originally Posted by maidmarian View Post
    I knew a girl in this situation and
    when she found out the truth-
    It turned very nasty - even by EE standards!!

A "woman scorned"doesnt even begin
    to describe what she did.

I don't think Abi's a complete innocent in this situation (though that wouldn't occur to her of course). Ben did try to explain he still had feelings for men, but she completely shut him down. Her obsessiveness, not just about Ben but about being part of the Mitchell family, is even creepier than Bobby! When Ben acknowledged her as a Mitchell, I don't think he was complimenting her...

Max might have seen Jane putting Lucy's body into her car as he was nearby at the time - although I can't imagine why he wouldn't have said something before now.

Completely nonsensical writing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    How was Ben not charged with robbery or was he and is out on bail?
    They had to let him go due to lack of evidence, but I'm sure Marsden's still hoping to get him with Jay's testimony.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (29-07-2015), parkerman (29-07-2015), tammyy2j (29-07-2015)

[QUOTE=Dazzle;826604]e"[/I] t

I don't think Abi's a complete innocent in this situation (though that wouldn't occur to her of course). Ben did try to explain he still had feelings for men, but she completely shut him down. Her obsessiveness, not just about Ben but about being part of the Mitchell family, is even creepier than Bobby! When Ben acknowledged her as a Mitchell, I don't think he was complimenting her...

When I put " found out" in my comment, perhaps
    "confronted " would have been better!
    But it didnt make any difference-I think she had
    always suspected but refused to accept as it
    didnt fit in with her vision of her life and what
    should happen.

When Abi was first was in EE I presumed character
    was meant to be sugary -weet and innocent -but that
    actress not too good at portraying that
    believably .As she was young and first big part
    - just accepted that.

But now and for some time Ive thought differently.
    She isnt innocent and is very creepy as you say.
    Be interesting to see if she does turn into a
    "true Mitchell"-particularly if she is in a position in
    public where she cannot deny truth about Ben-
    except to herself!! And what she will due for revenge!!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to maidmarian For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (30-07-2015), Glen1 (29-07-2015), tammyy2j (30-07-2015)

Beyond shabby, I'm fuming. This is coming from someone who had already given up on the show and has only tuned back in for the episodes with DCI Marsden. Didn't even appear for 15 minutes and she was gone by 25 minutes. No duff duff/Julia's theme and I think Lola/Danielle deserved that at least.

Lola has been with Jay for two minutes (almost literally thanks to DTC's underuse of the character.) The writing is ridiculously inconsistent and implausible. One minute Lola was saying she couldn't leave, then she's prepared to go on the run with him, dragging a three year old into that life too. Presumably Billy was thinking that if Jay was prevented from going by the police, Lola would stay. If she left angry with him and then stayed due to securing a good job, it wouldn't have been quite so bad but she then forgives him and still goes! She forgave him in a minute after he basically treated her like Phil treats him and he didn't even argue his case or say that a life on the run can't last (could have had a nod to Phil being on the run) or that it's no life for a little girl. She didn't even know for sure that she'd lost her job and just went. Oh and worst of all, she's going to the awful Dexter. As if she'd do that after he kept trying it on with her.

The only way Lola should have left was via her mother coming into her life. Having a parent around would be something new for Lola and it would have justified her walking out on her grandfather who has been there for her through the last four years. And it would have given her a storyline. She has never had a storyline that hasn't involved Lexi. Having her and the custody thing and that was it.

As for the aftermath, Ben suddenly seems to care that Lola's gone. He's shown no interest in Lexi so far and I suppose we'll be 'treated' to some off screen custody thing when Kathy's back and they want Lexi back on screen. It seems that Mitchell men must get their kids above all else; that was why Kathy was killed off in the first place.

Jay to my mind should be in less trouble than Ben. He buried the items under pressure from somebody who had already snapped and killed someone. For all he knew, the same could have happened to him had he refused and/or reported Ben.

The absolute pits were reached in the continuity department on Monday. Ben is 19, not 18. How can you get wrong the age of a character who was born on screen, especially when there is a full list of births on Wikipedia?

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kim For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (30-07-2015), Glen1 (01-08-2015), lizann (29-07-2015), maidmarian (29-07-2015), parkerman (29-07-2015), tammyy2j (29-07-2015)

I think Ben was mad and upset Jay got arrested if he knew not that Lexi and Lola were gone or did he think Jay was gone with them too

Ben and Jay are very close

How is Jay going to stay around when he is released, he will go after Lola to be with her so losing another good actor

That's another problem with the lack of screentime around Lola's exit, it's open to interpretation. That Ben was bothered about Lexi was mine, but of course he could well have been worried about Jay. Perhaps there is a heart in there and he feels bad that Jay has now been carted off when he was only involved in the whole thing because of him.

I thought that they knew that Jay had been arrested because of the scene where Billy was telling Phil that he didn't have any family because of what he'd just done (which since Lola forgave him at the station, was technically a retcon within the same episode.)

When Lola got the salon job, I thought she'd be on screen for a couple more months! She never even found out that Phil was technically paying her wages for a while, did she?
    Last edited by Kim; 29-07-2015 at 22:34.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kim For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (01-08-2015), lizann (30-07-2015), maidmarian (29-07-2015), tammyy2j (30-07-2015)

Thread Information