Page 62 of 1084 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364721121625621062 ... LastLast

Thread: Eastenders - Current Episode Discussion - VIII

one of the best episodes of EE last night

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (12-10-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    OMG poor Stacey

That was one of the most powerful, emotional and sad episodes of EE ever i was so teary eyed. I so wanted Bradley to stay.

The only bad part of the episode was the Ronnie/Joel part
    I thought the Ronnie/Joel part was absolutely brilliant. The point about it was that Ronnie is also mentally ill, just like Stacey, but her illness doesn't show itself in the same way and she just come across as selfish. I thought the juxtaposition of the two stories reaching a climax together on the same night was a real masterstroke by Eastenders.
    As did I. Stacey's illness was obviously the central focus, and the acting from Lacey was simply stunning. But the Ronnie storyline I feel is only just beginning, she's unstable and all over the place, and I see her character having more then a few troubles in upcoming months. I thought both storylines were handled brilliantly. I cried so much.

Thank you Jessie Wallace

Quote Originally Posted by Florijo View Post
    More episodes like this please, EastEnders. Poor Stacey and Jean. What an awful decision for a mother to have to take but she was very brave in realizing that she couldn't give Stacey the proper care she needs.

The scene where Stacey hid next to the sofa, with the lights off and just the headlights of the car outside shining on her through the window was fantastic.

Go away Ronnie. Bye, bye Joel.
    I thought the same, that scene was brilliant.

I didn't know they could section people without their consent.

That's the whole idea of sectioning people. It's done when it's considered that the person concerned may be putting their own life or the lives of others at risk.

However, my wife, who is a Psychotherapist, told me that the way it was portrayed in Eastenders was unrealistic. She said it was highly unlikely that a GP would have the power to do what Dr Jenkins did as you would have to have a qualification in mental health and very few GPs do. She said that the psychiatrist who sat on the sofa saying nothing would have had to speak to Stacey first and do an assessment, which, of course, he didn't.

I said that's what comes of employing extras in these roles - they're not allowed to speak!

I bawled like a baby... I so didn't want Bradley to leave.. Syd was extremely selfish... Lacey and Gillian were superb.. amazing acting from both of them.. Hope Bradley leaves Syd at the airport and goes back to Stacey..
    Super Mod

Where was Mo and Charlie? Why didnt they help Jean with Stacey?

I thought that, werent they with bradley?

They were in the pub. I don't think Jean told anybody about going to the doctor and getting the psychiatrist to section Stacey.

I cried as well Excellent acting by Lacey & Gillian. But I don't know why Stacey had blood on her hand
    Carpe Diem ~ seize the day!

Quote Originally Posted by megan999 View Post
    I cried as well Excellent acting by Lacey & Gillian. But I don't know why Stacey had blood on her hand
    didn't she fall over in the square? jean yelled at the police not to hurt her.. my heart went out to stacey when she was screaming for Bradley and then Jean at the end
    Super Mod

Thread Information