Page 722 of 1084 FirstFirst ... 222622672712720721722723724732772822 ... LastLast
Results 7,211 to 7,220 of 10831

Thread: Eastenders - Current Episode Discussion - VIII

Yeah, leaning away from Max but someone close to her.

Still want to know whether we could actually figure it out now like Emma or she has something we dont.

Still want to know whether we could actually figure it out now like Emma or she has something we dont.

Quote Originally Posted by xx_Dan_xx View Post

She came out of the pub and was looking at Ian's house and B&B house, I think Kim's return helped her crack the case

Quote Originally Posted by xx_Dan_xx View Post
    I think you're over complicating it. He wanted Shirley to go in the kitchen because 1 she shot him and sharron knows about him and her before the wedding so they are not going to want to hang out with her now are they.

As for not getting her out instantly when she went into the lounge, well that was more Sharron wanted Linda round/Phil wasnt involved in it. Had phil been i volved he probably would have, but he isnt so he had no reason to get involved until sharron/Elaine told him to get her out.
    if that was the case why did

a) phil apologise to shirley and tell her he deserved it
    b) talk to her in the vic and bantered with her

he doesnt care about sharons feelings at all re shirley. if he did, he wouldnt have done the above. he backstabs sharon and acts all nicey nicey when shes around. he doesnt care about shirley shooting him, hes made that perfectly clear he didnt even care shirley told ronnie about the money. he doesnt hate shirley and doesnt blame her for anything shes done to him.

phil knows shirley is micks mum and doesnt want sharon to find out, or else he wouldve told her. he was understanding of shirleys willingness to see mick once she was there. he didnt want to have to chuck her out. he told her there was mates round, so he had no reason to assume shirley would cause an issue.

i actually said the reason phil didnt help shirley in friday was cos sharon hated shirley, and i got told phil could slip out and help her without sharon noticing. im struggling believing any of this makes sense
    Last edited by monalisa62003; 31-12-2014 at 01:04.

Can someone confirm what Emma said on her mobile phone, was it she knows who , or you killed Lucy Beale.
    Last edited by Glen1; 31-12-2014 at 12:05.

She said : I know YOU killed Lucy Beale, Cindy is still alive
    Last edited by Perdita; 31-12-2014 at 11:49.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (31-12-2014), Glen1 (31-12-2014)

I don't know what the hell Emma realised but I'm intrigued. I sadly think you must be correct, Parkerman, that we won't be able to work it out on what we've been given. Seeing Denise/Dean and the B&B appeared to trigger a thought or memory, and she was very interested in the layout of the square. I also think whatever Emma realised was connected with the video that she was looking at earlier in the episode.

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Why didn't Emma go straight to the police if she knows who the killer is
    There's only one reason that makes sense and that's that she's close to the killer and wants to speak to them to be certain before going to the police. That really only leaves Max, Lauren, Abi and the Beales (including Jane) as far as I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Glen1 View Post
    Can someone confirm what Emma said on her mobile phone, was it she knows who , or you killed Cindy Beale.
    I can confirm that Perdita's correct because I had the subtitles on. Emma said "I know you killed Lucy".

How did Phil get so much of Archie's money? I know he and Shirley stole twenty grand from Roxy several years ago, but he appears to have a lot more than that going by what Ronnie said. Does this explain how Roxy ludicrously ran through the three million she inherited from Archie in a couple of years or so? Did Phil somehow siphon some of it off? That would explain why he's well off, although I've always thought that he's probably still involved in dodgy deals even though we're not privy to them.

Is Nick now gone for good? I doubt it was that easy. He was very interested in the wedding preparations!

Quote Originally Posted by monalisa62003 View Post
    im struggling believing any of this makes sense
    Mona, you're struggling to make sense of it because you can't see the wood for the trees. To most of us not heavily invested in whether Phil loves Shirley or Sharon, it appears that he's happy in his marriage with Sharon for the time being despite everything that's gone before. He still cares for Shirley (after all they've been friends for years) and might want a relationship with her again in the future, but I don't think any more can be said than that from what's been played out recently.

There's no point picking at every plot hole because the writers are only human and not every single scene can make perfect sense. There's lots of writers and things get missed or forgotten. You analyse every word and look exchanged between Phil and Shirley, and I'm afraid a fictional story just isn't going to stand up to such close scrutiny. The writers intend a scene to be played a certain way, but that can then be interpreted quite differently by the director of the scene and the actors (who might have been thinking about something completely different during filming when they give a look that you ascribe to true love). You just can't expect perfect consistency in those circumstances.

Also, you have to remember that in real life people are often inconsistent too. We're humans and not robots.

You asked in an earlier post what I'm seeing that you're not. The answer is that I can be more objective about Phil/Shirley/Sharon because I feel a great deal less strongly about them than you do.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (31-12-2014), parkerman (31-12-2014), Perdita (31-12-2014)

Thanks Perdita on both counts ,I meant Lucy.....

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Glen1 For This Useful Post:

Perdita (31-12-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post

Mona, you're struggling to make sense of it because you can't see the wood for the trees. To most of us not heavily invested in whether Phil loves Shirley or Sharon, it appears that he's happy in his marriage with Sharon for the time being despite everything that's gone before. He still cares for Shirley (after all they've been friends for years) and might want a relationship with her again in the future, but I don't think any more can be said than that from what's been played out recently.

There's no point picking at every plot hole because the writers are only human and not every single scene can make perfect sense. There's lots of writers and things get missed or forgotten. You analyse every word and look exchanged between Phil and Shirley, and I'm afraid a fictional story just isn't going to stand up to such close scrutiny. The writers intend a scene to be played a certain way, but that can then be interpreted quite differently by the director of the scene and the actors (who might have been thinking about something completely different during filming when they give a look that you ascribe to true love). You just can't expect perfect consistency in those circumstances.

Also, you have to remember that in real life people are often inconsistent too. We're humans and not robots.

You asked in an earlier post what I'm seeing that you're not. The answer is that I can be more objective about Phil/Shirley/Sharon because I feel a great deal less strongly about them than you do.
    Absolutely spot on, Dazzle.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (31-12-2014), Glen1 (01-01-2015), Perdita (31-12-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    Absolutely spot on, Dazzle.
    Thanks!

Thread Information