Page 1045 of 1084 FirstFirst ... 455459459951035104310441045104610471055 ... LastLast
Results 10,441 to 10,450 of 10831

Thread: Eastenders - Current Episode Discussion - VIII

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    i hope donna finds out this, thought claudette might have said it
    Well, she knows the Mitchells planned it for Vincent, I don't think she cares about specifically who as I think she blames it all on her Mum, fatboy and the war with the mitchells.

I am disliking Mick more as each episode passes. He is the parent, the adult. when he first came into the square he was a great parent, he is now letting himself and his family down, especially Linda. If I were Nancy I'd bugger off and leave 'em to it.

Nancy is being held back by her family and although this accident is terrible and a possible tragedy, it could be a good thing for Nancy escaping this claustrophobic situation. It could be the making of her. She is capable of so much more than helping out in a back street rundown boozer. Let Lee stay there with his revolting girlfriend for ever and a day.

I think the way Mick is behaving will tear the family apart. We all know where this story is heading.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flappinfanny For This Useful Post:

lizann (19-03-2016), Rear window (19-03-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by flappinfanny View Post
    I am disliking Mick more as each episode passes. He is the parent, the adult. when he first came into the square he was a great parent, he is now letting himself and his family down, especially Linda. If I were Nancy I'd bugger off and leave 'em to it.

Nancy is being held back by her family and although this accident is terrible and a possible tragedy, it could be a good thing for Nancy escaping this claustrophobic situation. It could be the making of her. She is capable of so much more than helping out in a back street rundown boozer. Let Lee stay there with his revolting girlfriend for ever and a day.

I think the way Mick is behaving will tear the family apart. We all know where this story is heading.
    yes this seems contrived but we know it is the start of Nancy's exit story?

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarah c For This Useful Post:

flappinfanny (19-03-2016), Rear window (19-03-2016)

Ollie's head injury was as much an accident as death by dangerous driving. While it was unintentional, it was the result of reckless behaviour. An accident is unforeseeable and unavoidable - which can't be said for the high chair being pushed over in the midst of that row. Arguing like that in front of a young child is pretty indefensible by itself, let alone getting physically aggressive. Even very young babies get distressed by rows.

Nancy is wholly to blame in my eyes. I had plenty of sympathy for her before this incident because Lee stole her job and because Mick and Linda have been blatantly favouring Lee (and Johnny before him). However, to start shouting and pushing people around (especially in front of Ollie) was inexcusable. And yes, Nancy's recent personality transplant feels very contrived (unless it turns out there's a reason for it).

Mick has been getting on my nerves too, not because of the character's attitude but because of some cringeworthy acting...

Talking about acting, the Claudette/Vincent/Donna confrontation was pretty dire too, and only saved by Lisa Hammond (Donna) - who's proving to be very good given something to get her teeth into.

I really liked Martin and Stacey's sweet final scene...
    Last edited by Dazzle; 19-03-2016 at 22:01.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

parkerman (19-03-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    Mick has been getting on my nerves too, not because of the character's attitude but because of some cringeworthy acting...
    I agree. Danny Dyer seems to have been given permission to ad lib more these days. If that is the case, I suggest he sticks to the scripts in future and listens to the director. His acting has gone from good to dire in a few weeks.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (20-03-2016), flappinfanny (19-03-2016), lizann (19-03-2016), Rear window (19-03-2016), tammyy2j (20-03-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    Ollie's head injury was as much an accident as death by dangerous driving. While it was unintentional, it was the result of reckless behaviour. An accident is unforeseeable and unavoidable - which can't be said for the high chair being pushed over in the midst of that row. Arguing like that in front of a young child is pretty indefensible by itself, let alone getting physically aggressive. Even very young babies get distressed by rows.

Nancy is wholly to blame in my eyes. I had plenty of sympathy for her before this incident because Lee stole her job and because Mick and Linda have been blatantly favouring Lee (and Johnny before him). However, to start shouting and pushing people around (especially in front of Ollie) was inexcusable. And yes, Nancy's recent personality transplant feels very contrived (unless it turns out there's a reason for it).

Talking about acting, the Claudette/Vincent/Donna confrontation was pretty dire too, and only saved by Lisa Hammond (Donna) - who's proving to be very good given something to get her teeth into.

I really liked Martin and Stacey's sweet final scene...
    I agree re Danny Dyers acting, what is going on. The new producer needs to reign him in a bit.

I partly agree with you re Nancy, however I think Witless Whitney needs to take some of the blame as does Lee. For saying they are all adults they are not doing the younger generation any favours. Ollie is more mature than they are.

What did strike me was how clingy and needy the Carter kids are (apart from Johnny) And for saying Lee had been in the Army and when the Carters first arrived Nancy was living with her boyfriend Wayne getting married, how things have changed. I don't think they can function outside the family unit and that is the problem. It's not healthy. They don't have any real friends or interests outside the family, well Nancy does now with Donna, but apart from that they are pretty isolated.

Will Nancy make it up with Mick? If she leaves and they don't, Linda will blame Mick and this will put a strain on their marriage. I hope Nancy gets her Happy Ending, leaving with Tamwar, one things for certain, I don't see Nancy coming back to live in the square, she will leave the dirty rotten place behind. I think this will be the making of her.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to flappinfanny For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (20-03-2016), Rear window (20-03-2016), tammyy2j (21-03-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by flappinfanny View Post
    I partly agree with you re Nancy, however I think Witless Whitney needs to take some of the blame as does Lee.
    I certainly agree Lee and Whitney have contributed to Nancy's recent turbulent emotional state, and I think Mick and Linda have played an even bigger part. They've consistently taken Lee and Whitney's side, and dismissed Nancy's feelings when she's confided in them. As her parents, their job is to reassure her, but they've made matters a lot worse. And from what Nancy said, feeling second best is nothing new either.

I completely understand Nancy's recent anger, frustration and resentment towards her family. However, by resorting to aggression (especially in close proximity to her baby brother), she's lost the moral high ground. There's just no justification for violence, especially because Lee wasn't directly provoking her at the time. He was trying to leave the room when she pushed him.

She also attacked Whitney recently when Ryan stole the money. I know you Whitney haters will say she deserved it, but whether she did or not isn't the point. Nancy's become dangerous.

As I said on another thread, perhaps there'll be a credible explanation for this character change that'll mean she's blameless. That would be good, although sadly I think it's probably just plot device for
    Spoiler:
    her upcoming exit.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

flappinfanny (20-03-2016), Perdita (20-03-2016), Rear window (20-03-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    I His acting has gone from good to dire in a few weeks.
    from good to Dyer....... lol

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sarah c For This Useful Post:

flappinfanny (20-03-2016), lizann (20-03-2016), parkerman (20-03-2016), Perdita (20-03-2016), Rear window (20-03-2016), tammyy2j (20-03-2016)

Lets hope we get some development with Kyle this week. This character and storyline shows a lot of promise.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to flappinfanny For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (21-03-2016), Rear window (22-03-2016), tammyy2j (21-03-2016)

so becca and sonia accept arthur forgive Stacey

phil is a charmer with his compliments

Thread Information