Page 1010 of 1084 FirstFirst ... 1051091096010001008100910101011101210201060 ... LastLast
Results 10,091 to 10,100 of 10831

Thread: Eastenders - Current Episode Discussion - VIII

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    I don't think Ryan is anywhere near as bad as Dean. I took him to be desperate rather than outright villainous during this brief return. I'd be quite happy to see him come back full time. Whitney could do with some family in Walford.

Are you talking about Whitney? If so, I agree. She was once a fantastic character who's been through so much, and it saddens me that she's being written in such a way that many viewers have zero sympathy for her.
    Yes Poor Whitney has had such a lot of storyline to end up being sort of dirtied like this is wrong.

Presumably there was an inquest for the bloke who drowned (?Think thats what I read) so are the police looking for him or not?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rear window For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (27-01-2016), maidmarian (27-01-2016)

I don't think Ryan is anywhere near as bad as Dean. I took him to be desperate rather than outright villainous during this brief return. I'd be quite happy to see him come back full time. Whitney could do with some family in Walford.

Are you talking about Whitney? If so, I agree. She was once a fantastic character who's been through so much, and it saddens me that she's being written in such a way that many viewers have zero sympathy for her.
    Yes Poor Whitney has had such a lot of storyline to end up being sort of dirtied like this is wrong.

Presumably there was an inquest for the bloke who drowned (?Think thats what I read) so are the police looking for him or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Splashy View Post
    I have to say, Im poorly sighted and for a horifying second I thought Matt Willis was back.
    Poor you, that must have been a stressful few seconds!

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    I really like new Martin, I think James is doing very well as Martin
    He is, and for the first time I'm now invested in him and Stacey as a couple. I hope they survive the paternity revelation (whenever that happens).

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (28-01-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Where is Rebecca, is she away at boarding school?
    Rebecca was in the last episode (or was it the one before? - anyway in the last couple of days.)

Quote Originally Posted by Rear window View Post
    Yes, he drowned when they both fell in the sea during a fight on a pier.

I don't there was ever any follow up on screen. Lee said yesterday that it wasn't murder and that Ryan would have been OK if he hadn't panicked and run, which is pretty much what I remember.

was ryan not already away from square on run before killing lip the pimp, did janine fit him up, i could be wrong

I don't really understand why Ryan's life is that bad. Stacey committed murder and years down the line, had a job and a place to live. Although I am not sure whether Stacey was wanted by police or not - if someone could tell me, cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by xx_Dan_xx View Post
    I don't really understand why Ryan's life is that bad. Stacey committed murder and years down the line, had a job and a place to live. Although I am not sure whether Stacey was wanted by police or not - if someone could tell me, cheers.
    I agree about Ryan and said as much earlier in the thread.

Stacey was definitely wanted by the police for stabbing Janine (which she didn't actually do - Janine set her up). I suppose Ryan must be wanted by the police, but I'm not sure for what exactly because he didn't deliberately kill Whitney's pimp as far as I can recall. Even if he is wanted for murder, the police aren't going to be actively searching for him after five years. If Stacey can settle down and get a job under an assumed identity, so can he.

Basically, I think his desperation was just a plot device to make matters worse for Whitney.
    Last edited by Dazzle; 27-01-2016 at 20:14.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (28-01-2016), parkerman (27-01-2016), Rear window (28-01-2016)

I agree about Ryan and said as much earlier in the thread.

Stacey was definitely wanted by the police for stabbing Janine (which she didn't actually do - Janine set her up). I suppose Ryan must be wanted by the police, but I'm not sure for what exactly because he didn't deliberately kill Whitney's pimp as far as I can recall. Even if he is wanted for murder, the police aren't going to be actively searching for him after five years. If Stacey can settle down and get a job under an assumed identity, so can he.

Basically, I think his desperation was just a plot device to make matters worse for Whitney.
    I thought Stacey was wanted for the murder of Archie Mitchell?

Quote Originally Posted by storyseeker1 View Post
    I thought Stacey was wanted for the murder of Archie Mitchell?
    No, the police weren't aware of Stacey's guilt at that time. Janine (who hated Stacey) found out about it but had no proof, so she stabbed herself and made it look like Stacey had done it.

When Kat found Stacey living in London several years later, Janine was about to go on trial for Michael's murder. She made a deal with Kat that she'd clear Stacey's name in return for Kat's testimony that it was Alice who murdered Michael. Stacey then decided to admit to murdering Archie because she could no longer live with the guilt.
    Last edited by Dazzle; 28-01-2016 at 02:15.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

lizann (28-01-2016), parkerman (28-01-2016), Perdita (28-01-2016), Rear window (28-01-2016)

Thread Information