Page 723 of 1084 FirstFirst ... 223623673713721722723724725733773823 ... LastLast
Results 7,221 to 7,230 of 10831

Thread: Eastenders - Current Episode Discussion - VIII

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post

Mona, you're struggling to make sense of it because you can't see the wood for the trees. To most of us not heavily invested in whether Phil loves Shirley or Sharon, it appears that he's happy in his marriage with Sharon for the time being despite everything that's gone before. He still cares for Shirley (after all they've been friends for years) and might want a relationship with her again in the future, but I don't think any more can be said than that from what's been played out recently.

There's no point picking at every plot hole because the writers are only human and not every single scene can make perfect sense. There's lots of writers and things get missed or forgotten. You analyse every word and look exchanged between Phil and Shirley, and I'm afraid a fictional story just isn't going to stand up to such close scrutiny. The writers intend a scene to be played a certain way, but that can then be interpreted quite differently by the director of the scene and the actors (who might have been thinking about something completely different during filming when they give a look that you ascribe to true love). You just can't expect perfect consistency in those circumstances.

Also, you have to remember that in real life people are often inconsistent too. We're humans and not robots.

You asked in an earlier post what I'm seeing that you're not. The answer is that I can be more objective about Phil/Shirley/Sharon because I feel a great deal less strongly about them than you do.
    How is phil happy with sharon? did you see him smile at the table at ronnies dinner? the scene outside the house on xmas eve, phil is trying to smile but hes failing to keep a smile on his face. didnt you see him smile with shirley at the grotto scenes? loads of people commented that phil was actually happy in this episode, so it wasnt just me. the only time he probably has smiled about sharon was the stockings episode..and thats cos it was mainly about sex!
    have phil and sharon kissed on the lips outside the house? even in a few minutes scene phil is actually talking to shirley and listening to her. i dont see him talking to sharon like he should talk to his wife. he hasnt confided in her about anything. in the scene with ben and johnnys present you can tell phil thinks ben is still gay. has he mentioned this to sharon?

i dont buy phil is that in love with sharon. he doesnt seem bothered in the preview either!
    . theres no way phil is over the moon being with sharon or hell over heels in love with her. how anyone can think this baffles me

why was he suddenly so hostile towards shirley when he was fine with her before since she returned to the point he was bantering with her.

he has backstabbed sharon at least twice since the wedding and is STILL lying to her about knowing shirley is micks mum. hardly true love to me keeping your ex's secret !

i meant it didnt make sense cos people were giving me mixed opinions ie phil couldnt have shirley in the house cos of sharon but he could slip away and help shirley in fridays episode

i am allowed my own view and i just dont see what your seeing. thats why im debating it. its nothing to do with biased view, i just dont see the connection with phil and sharon that appears to me hes madly in love with her i cant exactly force myself or believe in something that isnt there
    Last edited by monalisa62003; 31-12-2014 at 21:02.

I'm afraid it looks as though you are going to have to remain baffled, mona, as the rest of us really couldn't care less.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (01-01-2015), Jessie Wallace (31-12-2014), Perdita (31-12-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    I'm afraid it looks as though you are going to have to remain baffled, mona, as the rest of us really couldn't care less.
    bit rude, you didnt need to reply if you didnt care. im making plenty of valid points why phil isnt that happy with sharon

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    bit rude, you didnt need to reply if you didnt care. im making plenty of valid points why phil isnt that happy with sharon

this is exactly what happened on the other forums. people didnt like my view so were rude to me. theres nothing i havent put that isnt true about phil re sharon. he might appear to want to spend time with her but he isnt happy when he is with her - you only have to watch the preview to see that( it has spoilers though for tomorrows ep)
    Last edited by monalisa62003; 31-12-2014 at 20:50.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I think if the killer was Max/Lauren, why wouldnt Emma confront them when they came home looking for her. And the way she called the killer "oh im glad i got a hold of you" - or something along those lines suggests its someone she hadnt immediately seen, ie Max or Lauren.
    Last edited by xx_Dan_xx; 01-01-2015 at 12:32.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xx_Dan_xx For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (01-01-2015), maidmarian (01-01-2015), parkerman (01-01-2015), tammyy2j (01-01-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by monalisa62003 View Post
    this is exactly what happened on the other forums. people didnt like my view so were rude to me
    It's not that people don't like your views. It's the same debate on an endless cycle that people don't enjoy.

The thing is that you're so focused on Phil and Shirley that you can't understand that most other people just aren't that interested in them. They're just one thread of the large fabric of the EastEnders most of us love. To you it's interesting to go over the same points again and again, whereas to the rest of us it gets boring fast I'm afraid.

I enjoy debating with you but I've said my piece several times and other people are getting frustrated, so I'm going to give it a rest now. If, as you believe, Phil and Sharon are going to crash and burn soon, there may be nothing to debate anyway.

Do you enjoy any other aspects of EE, Mona?

Quote Originally Posted by xx_Dan_xx View Post
    I think if the killer was Max/Lauren, why wouldnt Emma confront them when they came home looking for her. And the way she called the killer "oh im glad i got a hold of you" - or something along those lines suggests its someone she hadnt immediately seen, ie Max or Lauren.
    Not confronting Max or Lauren (and possibly Abi) at home could be explained by Emma wanting to get them alone I suppose - but I agree it's a stretch.

You make an excellent point about the phrase "I'm glad I got hold of you". It does sound like it's someone she hadn't seen for a little while.

You're a pretty good detective, Dan!
    Last edited by Dazzle; 01-01-2015 at 14:08.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Jessie Wallace (01-01-2015), parkerman (01-01-2015), Perdita (01-01-2015), tammyy2j (01-01-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    You're a pretty good detective, Dan!
    Thanks lol but watch it be one of them now xD.

At the moment, I am stuck between Jane or Abi. I am trying to figure out what Emma had figured out. Regrettably I actually didn't see Lucy's last episode.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to xx_Dan_xx For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (02-01-2015)

Last edited by xx_Dan_xx; 01-01-2015 at 18:32.

Is Cora leaving because she is guilty? Was Emma talking about Max's car not being there the night Lucy died?

I thought EE was going to kill off Ronnie

Thread Information