Page 718 of 1084 FirstFirst ... 218618668708716717718719720728768818 ... LastLast
Results 7,171 to 7,180 of 10831

Thread: Eastenders - Current Episode Discussion - VIII

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    Probably not, but I think it's the writers' intention to keep them together for the foreseeable future.

Phil simply doesn't care enough about the Carters to get involved. As you say, Shirley wasn't even there.

He did, yes, but Ronnie said no (for Charlie and Dot's sake). I think she's regretting it now!

I hope everyone was satisfied with the Boxing Day episode. We were given the high drama and action that many felt were missing Christmas Day. I absolutely loved it but I wish we'd had an hour-long episode again. Maybe it was a good thing though as the writing was tighter this time.

Poor Mick's life's in tatters (but his fury was pretty awesome to behold!). I'm soooo relieved he didn't doubt Linda for a moment. I'm a bit worried about Nancy's reaction though as she's doubted her mother about Dean in the past.

I'm very glad that the mother reveal didn't overshadow the rape reveal. There's plenty of time for Mick to come to terms with Shirley being his mother now - as long as she finally accepts that Dean's a rapist.

The way everyone scurried out of the way of the furious Mick really made me laugh lol.

10/10
    the writers are acting like they are the happily ever after. they've had no issues or anything since the wedding

phil would NEVER leave the vic lying down without wanting to know why they're being chucked out. he was banging on the door to get in the vic in the first place. its not in character for him to be ok with being told to get out, its not about the carters, its about principal in character that he just wouldnt leave like that and be OK about it. mick was hurting people, even sharon didnt seem that concerned? im thiinking phil guessed why mick did it and doesnt want sharon to find out

im annoyed shirleys secret has been overshadowed. ive waited all year for her reveal and its not been given the attention it deserved
    Last edited by monalisa62003; 27-12-2014 at 13:38.

Quote Originally Posted by monalisa62003 View Post
    the writers are acting like they are the happily ever after. they've had no issues or anything since the wedding
    It's called the honeymoon period. It won't last....

phil would NEVER leave the vic lying down without wanting to know why they're being chucked out. he was banging on the door to get in the vic in the first place. its not in character for him to be ok with being told to get out, its not about the carters, its about principal in character that he just wouldnt leave like that and be OK about it. mick was hurting people, even sharon didnt seem that concerned? im thiinking phil guessed why mick did it and doesnt want sharon to find out
    While I agree that it would have been in character for Phil to protest loudly at Mick's behaviour, I also don't find it out of character that he didn't, for the following reasons: it was Christmas Day, Phil was with his family, he was in an excellent mood, he's not close to the Carters (except for Shirley) and maybe he's even mellowing slightly as he grows older lol.

im annoyed shirleys secret has been overshadowed. ive waited all year for her reveal and its not been given the attention it deserved
    It will be given the attention it deserves, but the rape needed to be given the attention it deserved after Linda revealed it to Mick. There's no way he was going to react well to Shirley's reveal given that he was traumatised after having just found out that Dean had raped his wife, and, even worse, that Shirley had believed Dean's word over Linda's.

I've no doubt the mother reveal will be explored at length and that it will make fantastic TV. Danny Dyer and Linda Henry work brilliantly together and their scenes should make mesmerising viewing.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

parkerman (27-12-2014)

While I agree that it would have been in character for Phil to protest loudly at Mick's behaviour, I also don't find it out of character that he didn't, for the following reasons: it was Christmas Day, Phil was with his family, he was in an excellent mood, he's not close to the Carters (except for Shirley) and maybe he's even mellowing slightly as he grows older lol.

It will be given the attention it deserves, but the rape needed to be given the attention it deserved after Linda revealed it to Mick. There's no way he was going to react well to Shirley's reveal given that he was traumatised after having just found out that Dean had raped his wife, and, even worse, that Shirley had believed Dean's word over Linda's.

I've no doubt the mother reveal will be explored at length and that it will make fantastic TV. Danny Dyer and Linda Henry work brilliantly together and their scenes should make mesmerising viewing.
    well i dont see phil acting like its the honeymoon period, sharon is. phils just always grumpy (oh except when he saw shirley as an elf :P)

phil wasnt in an excellent mood. he looked like he was in his normal grumpy mood. sharon is best mates with linda, she would be worrying for her like she has been since linda was going nuts since the rape. even if phil doesnt care about the carters, mick was going insane and hurting people. any sane person would

it deserved more attention at christmas now christmas 2014 weill be remembered for the rape and mick trashig rhe vic, not shirlesyr reveal

well i dont see phil acting like its the honeymoon period, sharon is. phils just always grumpy (oh except when he saw shirley as an elf :P) and rarely pays sharon attention do they even kiss outside the house??

phil wasnt in an excellent mood. he looked like he was in his normal grumpy mood. sharon is best mates with linda, she would be worrying for her like she has been since linda was going nuts since the rape. even if phil doesnt care about the carters, mick was going insane and hurting people. any sane person would think what he was doing wasnt right and people didnt deserve their xmas ruined. i think phil would want to distract sharon from asking questions incase she found out he knew

it deserved more attention at christmas now christmas 2014 weill be remembered for the rape and mick trashig rhe vic, not shirlesyr reveal
    Last edited by monalisa62003; 27-12-2014 at 20:24.

even if phil doesnt care about the carters, mick was going insane and hurting people. any sane person would think what he was doing wasnt right and people didnt deserve their xmas ruined.
    Mick was definitely going insane but nobody actually got hurt except for himself. He pushed a few people out of the way that's all. Not nice for them of course, but they didn't sustain any damage.

Phil isn't exactly empathic and would have zero sympathy for a bunch of randoms being pushed out of the Vic. If Mick had done that to any of the Mitchells it would've been a very different story of course.

Agreed - Mick trashing the Vic will be this remembered as the most memorable event this Christmas. Some people think the two reveals should have happened separately, but I really like how it was done personally. The fallout from them both will continue for months no doubt.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

parkerman (27-12-2014)

does sharon being lindas best mate not count for phil then?

i just find it hard to believe there'd be no reaction from phil and sharon
    Last edited by monalisa62003; 27-12-2014 at 22:02.

sharon didn't care about mick or linda and phil not about shirley or her family

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

parkerman (27-12-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    Linda and Sharron are besties though and Sharon knew someone has been wrong with Linda for awhile. Perhaps they'll get involved t a later date when shes finds out Linda has gone.

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    Linda and Sharron are besties though and Sharon knew someone has been wrong with Linda for awhile. Perhaps they'll get involved t a later date when shes finds out Linda has gone.

Thread Information