Page 867 of 1084 FirstFirst ... 367767817857865866867868869877917967 ... LastLast
Results 8,661 to 8,670 of 10831

Thread: Eastenders - Current Episode Discussion - VIII

Whatever's going on between Les and Claudette isn't as simple as an affair - if indeed it's an affair at all. She seems to have some kind of hold over him, although he doesn't resent her for it. Very strange...

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    I think Carol is going to cut all ties now too with Max
    I was shocked at Carol's attitude! To call him a b*stard is pretty strong language for EE! I would have thought she'd at least want to get his side before laying into him - especially given how close they've been recently. Now Stacy's promised to stay away from him, it seems he's got no one on his side. I could almost feel sorry for the selfish git!

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    ...Lola got that job quickly, considering Dean would have slated her for certain as she turned up for her new job at no point.
    I'm pretty sure the new job was just the excuse Billy used to explain her sudden absence.

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    What does a 30 year old want with a games console?
    I know several 40 year olds who are addicted to their games consoles! Indeed, I still was at Martin's age. There's no other experience quite like the escapism of playing a really good game.
    Last edited by Dazzle; 31-07-2015 at 00:32.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (01-08-2015), maidmarian (31-07-2015), parkerman (31-07-2015)

That Winston is a great dancer.

so tanya and abi haven't spoken in months till now

I think I must have missed something somewhere, but can someone tell me why only Jay's prints were on Lucy's phone and purse and not Ben's.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (01-08-2015), lizann (01-08-2015), maidmarian (01-08-2015), tammyy2j (31-07-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    I think I must have missed something somewhere, but can someone tell me why only Jay's prints were on Lucy's phone and purse and not Ben's.
    Or Denise, Jane, Phil or Ian anyone else I missed who handled them

Pam looked lovely

Why is no one mentioning or contacting Lauren

8. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

lizann (01-08-2015)

did ben rob a shop or off licence the night he mugged lucy too, how is there no evidence against ben but there is for jay

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (01-08-2015), parkerman (01-08-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    I think Ben's prints were on Lucy's phone and purse, but he had a very different experience than Jay at the police station - he had the pitbull that is Ritchie in his corner. The only evidence was fingerprints (which can easily be explained away), so Marsden was dependant on breaking Ben and/or Jay to get a confession.

Ritchie propped up Ben and kept insisting he say "no comment", even when he was seriously faltering. Presumably, Jay didn't have the support of such a tough solicitor, so he inadvertently said something to implicate himself under pressure.

We know that Marsden wouldn't have let up until she got what she wanted, although Jay managed to hold out on implicating Ben (I'd have loved to have witnessed Marsden's frustration at this blow btw ).

Anyway, that's my take on it with a large helping of guesswork! It would have been nice to have had a couple of lines of dialogue to clear it up though.

As for the off-licence hold-up, there can't be any evidence of Ben or Jay's involvement. I think the only thing the police had to go on for that was that one of the men was wearing a hat like Jay's.

Or Denise, Jane, Phil or Ian anyone else I missed who handled them
    The other fingerprints on Lucy's phone and purse can be explained as easily as Ben and Jay's - they were all friends and family of Lucy's, and could easily have picked up her things at any time.

Why is no one mentioning or contacting Lauren
    This is a serious plot hole that needs to be addressed!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (01-08-2015)

Following on from my above post, I've also read another theory online that Jay confessed to the mugging to save Ben because he has no previous convictions. However, I think the latter would have had a lot more to say than "Thanks for not grassing me up" if that were the case. Also, surely Phil would have been on his hands and knees with gratitude?

I still prefer my theory that Jay had a sh*te solicitor that was incapable of protecting him like the fierce Ritchie did Ben.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (01-08-2015)

was ritchie not jay's solicitor too

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    was ritchie not jay's solicitor too
    It's impossible to say for certain since we were told nothing. I err on the side of no, because why would she not get Jay off like she did Ben? There was more evidence against Ben, so it doesn't make sense that she couldn't do the same for Jay.

Phil had just told Jay he wasn't family, so even if Phil was prepared to pay for Ritchie to defend Jay, I think it's doubtful the latter (who was upset and furious) would have accepted. If he did, he might not have listened to her advice to stay silent.

There's a myriad possibilities, so it's impossible to know for sure what happened. My above explanation for why Jay was charged and not Ben is just my best guess. Maybe the theory that Jay admitted to a mugging he didn't do to protect Ben is more likely, but I don't understand why nobody mentioned it if that was the case. Did I miss something?
    Last edited by Dazzle; 01-08-2015 at 22:57.

Thread Information