Page 990 of 1083 FirstFirst ... 49089094098098898999099199210001040 ... LastLast
Results 9,891 to 9,900 of 10825

Thread: Coronation Street - Current Episode Discussion - IV

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiMonkey View Post
    I don't remember getting the feeling that Steve hadn't considered Amy when talking Liz, I would have to watch it back to be certain on that though, and I'm not the best at reading situations anyway (I'm autistic so reading people is much more difficult for me). As I've said before do you think that a positive test result would make things any easier for Michelle or Leanne, knowing that the risk of their unborn children having the condition has increased? As I said I feel it would be better if Leanne hadn't of known until after Steve had spoken to someone and decided what he was doing about the test, after that he could have told both Leanne and Tracy and they both would have been a better position and would probably be able to feel slightly better about the situation, but of course it's a soap and things couldn't work out like that.
    No, obviously a positive result would be unlikely to make them feel better! However, at least they'd be better equipped to deal with the future (as Perdita pointed out). Fear of the unknown can be as terrifying as knowing the worst.

The main reason for wanting the test done would be because they're hoping for a negative result to set their minds at rest. The benefits of that far outweigh the risks of feeling slightly worse in my opinion.
    Last edited by Dazzle; 13-10-2016 at 19:17.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    No, obviously a positive result would be unlikely to make them feel better! However, at least they'd be better equipped to deal with the future (as Perdita pointed out). Fear of the unknown can be as terrifying as knowing the worst.

The main reason for wanting the test done would be because they're hoping for a negative result to set their minds at rest. The benefits of that far outweigh the risks of feeling slightly worse in my opinion.
    There will be many people who decide to get tested for the same reasons as you would. From what I was just reading (Which was specific for myotonic dystrophy type 1) that the testing can actually come back inconclusive which must be really agonising if you really wanted to find out for sure.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KiwiMonkey For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (13-10-2016), Perdita (13-10-2016)

Lost in translation

Early on in Friday's episode, we had Tracy talking to Ken about Peter "flying business class on Bacon Air" What airline could that have been a reference to?

Also, later on Ken made a reference to his brother. Who was Ken's brother?

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RogerOver For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (15-10-2016), Splashy (15-10-2016)

Isle of Widget.. well used to be more Southampton ish for now
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerOver View Post
    Early on in Friday's episode, we had Tracy talking to Ken about Peter "flying business class on Bacon Air" What airline could that have been a reference to?

Yeah that was a weird one, was it a barb at a certain airline treating us like meat?

I was tested early for my hereditary disorder so had no choice, mind you it would soon be discovered once I started driving into trees. Steve is in a mess, all driven by his libido and selfish self serving arrogance, but its all OK cause he can always go walk the dog

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Splashy For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (15-10-2016), RogerOver (15-10-2016)

Ken did have a brother called David played by Alan Rothwell in the early 60s when the show started . I don't recall a reference to him last night though. No idea what Bacon airlines meant . I did wonder.
    Last edited by LouiseP; 15-10-2016 at 08:54.

It was when Ken was talking to Simon about his football trophy. Ken said that his "brother had shelves full of these things. He was professional, not division one, but he earned a living."
    Last edited by RogerOver; 15-10-2016 at 09:12.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RogerOver For This Useful Post:

LouiseP (15-10-2016), Perdita (15-10-2016)

Was intrigued by this comment by Ken ,had a look on the net the only sense I can make of it is that it refers to the cut price airlines offering overpriced in-flight food and given as an example was bacon rolls or something similar. I may well be mis-understanding this.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Glen1 For This Useful Post:

Perdita (15-10-2016)

I definitely think that the actor playing David Platt is the best actor in Coronation Street at the moment - and has been for a long time. I absolutely felt his pain when he was making that video, it was very emotional and made me weep...
    Also those two kids, Lily and Max - they are very good and natural.

I couldn't have cared less about Steve and Michelle. And I still don't. Tim was the best part of that and few funny lines from Tracy!!! �� They should give more funny lines for Tracy now when no Deirdre or Blanche around anymore..

14. The Following User Says Thank You to mariba For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (15-10-2016)

I definitely think that the actor playing David Platt is the best actor in Coronation Street at the moment - and has been for a long time. I absolutely felt his pain when he was making that video, it was very emotional and made me weep...
    Also those two kids, Lily and Max - they are very good and natural.

I couldn't have cared less about Steve and Michelle. And I still don't. Tim was the best part of that and few funny lines from Tracy!!! 😂 They should give more funny lines for Tracy now when no Deirdre or Blanche around anymore..

Quote Originally Posted by Glen1 View Post
    Was intrigued by this comment by Ken ,had a look on the net the only sense I can make of it is that it refers to the cut price airlines offering overpriced in-flight food and given as an example was bacon rolls or something similar. I may well be mis-understanding this.
    Could it be something to do with the phrase "saving someone's bacon"? I can't remember the exact context in which the bacon airlines quip was used though. Was it when Tracy was reminding Ken of Peter's unreliability?
    Last edited by Dazzle; 15-10-2016 at 20:02.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (18-10-2016), RogerOver (15-10-2016)

Thread Information