Page 974 of 1083 FirstFirst ... 47487492496497297397497597698410241074 ... LastLast
Results 9,731 to 9,740 of 10825

Thread: Coronation Street - Current Episode Discussion - IV

Quote Originally Posted by flappinfanny View Post
    I was expecting the Mary and Tracey Luv scenes to be highly amusing, but so far not really a titter. Perhaps I was expecting too much? I think Coronation Street has lost the ability to be funny.
    It was a ****ing idiotic decision in the first place to have Todd quit the flower shop. Todd and Tracy were great together. They have chemistry together and their friendship is just awesome. Once again it proves that Kate Oates has no idea what the **** she's doing with Todd. She's so hellbent on making him bad again that she can't see the consequences of what she's doing.. having Todd quit the flower shop is just one of the seriously messed up decisions. Having one of only three gay characters on the show betray his own boyfriend wasn't exactly good either. To turn him bad after 6 months of not even a hint of his selfish behavior resurfacing is bad writing. Don't even get me started on the soap trope of evil gay characters. Can't the gay characters be happy for once? Why would she have the ONE gay couple on the show be ruined by one part betraying the other? It just sucks. It's awful. I can't stand the way she has been treating them. I wish Kate Oates had never become the producer. She is ruining my favorite character. I bet if the old producer had still been in charge that Todd would have continued his progress, he wouldn't have had Todd become bad again in the blink of an eye when he has not shown even a hint of being that guy for the past 6 months. It's bad writing. If you're gonna have Todd be bad, fine.. show him regress into his bad past behavior over time ffs, don't let it come out of the blue. It's awful writing. Then again.. it's Kate Oates so I'm not exactly surprised. I really cannot stand her work. She is so awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    You're quite right, Roger, there was more humour in Friday's episodes than I remembered. I particularly liked Mary's hanging gardens of Babylon quip!
    Yes, that one on its own is good, because, 1) corners of a cul sac, and 2) "flocking", what, say 20 yards!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RogerOver For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (25-09-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    You're quite right, Roger, there was more humour in Friday's episodes than I remembered. I particularly liked Mary's hanging gardens of Babylon quip!
    Yes, that one on its own is good, because, 1) corners of a cul sac, and 2) "flocking", what, say 20 yards!

I hope Todd goes back working soon for Tracy, I like their twisted friendship

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

livden (26-09-2016), lizann (27-09-2016)

I don't think Todd has turned bad. I think he has just gone undercover in order to take Phelan down. He said he would do whatever it takes and I think the "badness" is all an act. I hope I am right .

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LouiseP For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (27-09-2016), tammyy2j (28-09-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    I hope Todd goes back working soon for Tracy, I like their twisted friendship
    Me too. Yet another mistake by Kate though. I don't agree with her choices at all, to separate Todd from everyone in his life. I get why she had to do it, for him to go bad. I still think it was a bad decision though because seeing him with Billy, Tracy, Sean, Eva etc is basically what I liked most about the past 6 months. He grew to become more caring and less selfish. Having Todd fall out with everyone was such a bad idea. Sorry, just my opinion.

Billy seemed so done with Todd in today's episode. It was almost like he had already moved on. That said, I think deep down he still cares about him, otherwise he wouldn't have said"I fear for him". Just one minor pet peeve I had about the episode: Todd telling Eileen about Billy off screen. That could have been a really sweet moment between them, where we'd actually get to see Eileen support her son for a change. And also it would have been a nice change in this scam storyline, showing that Todd does have feelings, and he is hurt by Billy dumping him even if it was his own fault. Granted, we did get Eileen trying to convince Billy to give him another chance, even if she failed.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to livden For This Useful Post:

Splashy (28-09-2016)

when did billy get suspicious of phelan and vinny that he warning eileen

Isle of Widget.. well used to be more Southampton ish for now
    Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    when did billy get suspicious of phelan and vinny that he warning eileen
    Yeah Im confused too..... but then this whole plot is so fictional any solicitor would pull the thing apart in seconds, only cash buyers not getting in surveyors/valuers etc would fall for this con... but then I know cash buyers may be wanting to save themselves the 2 grand or so which those bods would cost them. (just watch Homes under the Hammer)

So is Todd now evil or is he actually trying to pull down the scam from within? Did he sense he was about to be ended by evil ex dead manager of BBCs the Mill Howard? (doctors)

I feel sorry for Ozzies real owner, thats a cash cow he has lost with the yapper being written out of the show, although we went for a long period s when he wasnt seen.

The actor who plays Alex was again the star of the epp for me.

So Roy dosent love Sean Beans ex wife, sorry I mean Kathy now, thats an awfully astute observation from a man who couldnt deserne steam from smoke coming from the Woodie.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Splashy For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (30-09-2016), Glen1 (08-10-2016), parkerman (28-09-2016), tammyy2j (29-09-2016)

Isle of Widget.. well used to be more Southampton ish for now
    someone really needs to have a strong word with the duplication monkeys
    Last edited by Splashy; 28-09-2016 at 22:32.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Splashy For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (30-09-2016)

Thread Information