Page 631 of 1083 FirstFirst ... 131531581621629630631632633641681731 ... LastLast
Results 6,301 to 6,310 of 10825

Thread: Coronation Street - Current Episode Discussion - IV

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    Good to see Sarah back. I think I'm going to like the terrible twosome of her and Bethany.

At least someone's on the ball that there's something going on between Faye and Craig (Tim's the last person I would've expected to pick up on it though. Where's Anna?). I've thought for a while that it could be seen as quite inappropriate for a 16 year old boy to spend all his time with a 13 year old girl, but I suppose that's the (contrived) point given the pregnancy.
    Well, he doesn't have feelings for her as far as we know so I don't see any issues with it. Other than Faye, who on the street does he have to hang out with.
    Last edited by xx_Dan_xx; 31-03-2015 at 12:29.

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    Has Gail completely lost the plot or have I just never noticed before?? Her character seems to have had a remarkable changed
    Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    Where did Gail develop that new baby voice when she was taliking to Gavin. Its the same one she found when she told Meeeeeeechelle and Liz she liked baloons. Totally out of character
    Gail's been losing the plot for quite some time Alan. I'm surprised it's taken until now for you to see it!

I think the baby voice and simpering were going on as far back as when she fell for Lewis, and then got about a hundred times worse when she started the relationship with Michael. The sickeningly sweet way she and Michael used to simper at each other used to make me really nauseous! Luckily, they've been arguing too much recently for there to have been so much of that nonsense.

Gail is a completely different character to what she was a decade ago. She's been turned completely doollally, but maybe it's not too surprising what with being married to a serial killer and being the mother of demon David. No one normal would fall for the burglar who terrorised them that's for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by xx_Dan_xx View Post
    Well, he doesn't have feelings for her as far as we know so I don't see any issues with it. Other than Faye, who on the street does he have to hang out with.
    I don't have an issue with it because we know what's going on between them, but I think most parents of a thirteen year old girl would be worried about her suddenly spending all her time with a sixteen year old boy. As Tim himself said, most boys of that age are thinking about one thing only, so Anna and Tim would have been concerned about the situation long before now in my opinion.
    Last edited by Dazzle; 31-03-2015 at 16:17.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

alan45 (31-03-2015), Snagglepus (31-03-2015)

deleted double post.
    Last edited by Snagglepus; 31-03-2015 at 16:38. Reason: Hmm, seems when I edited this post the old and the new version appeared.

Steve is the other one with an unnatural voice. I have never met anyone that speaks in a silly "put on" voice. No one else in Corrie, except now for Gail, speaks in a "put on" voice.
    Just thought before I posted, there is also Dev and Mom and Pop Nazir. who also put on "emphasized" voices.
    Last edited by Snagglepus; 31-03-2015 at 16:05.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Snagglepus For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (31-03-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Snagglepus View Post
    Steve is the other one with an unnatural voice. I have never met anyone that speaks in a silly "put on" voice. No one else in Corrie, except now for Gail, speaks in a "put on" voice.
    Just thought before I posted, there is also Dev and Mom and Pop Nazir. who also put on "emphasized" voices.
    Ha ha...very true. There does seem to be an epidemic of it in Corrie at the moment. Steve's been better recently but he does slip back into it quite often I've noticed.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Snagglepus (31-03-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    Gail's been losing the plot for quite some time Alan. I'm surprised it's taken until now for you to see it!

I think the baby voice and simpering were going on as far back as when she fell for Lewis, and then got about a hundred times worse when she started the relationship with Michael. The sickeningly sweet way she and Michael used to simper at each other used to make me really nauseous! Luckily, they've been arguing too much recently for there to have been so much of that nonsense.

Gail is a completely different character to what she was a decade ago. She's been turned completely doollally, but maybe it's not too surprising what with being married to a serial killer and being the mother of demon David. No one normal would fall for the burglar who terrorised them that's for sure!

I don't have an issue with it because we know what's going on between them, but I think most parents of a thirteen year old girl would be worried about her suddenly spending all her time with a sixteen year old boy. As Tim himself said, most boys of that age are thinking about one thing only, so Anna and Tim would have been concerned about the situation long before now in my opinion.

basically agree with what uve said Dazzle
    just a couple of additional points-

Gail being dim- the only reason I.can think
    why she is being written that way is because
    of Davids behaviour patterns. Most other
    mothers would have been concerned a decade
    ago and sought some medical or professional
    advice.So she has to be dim to not notice
    and have taken action. And for whatever
    reason - his storylines and behaviours
    do seem to improve the flagging ratings-for
    a while.!

Tim noticing and Anna not noticing-
    Although not the case here most 16 yr old
    boys"targetting" girls some years their junior
    are doing it for the obvious reason as u suggest
    and most parents would be concerned particularly
    in present climate. Also they would think a younger
    girl would be more influenced and impressed than
    one their own age.
    Not sure exactly why Tim would notice except he's
    been that age and the character has turned out
    much better than expected.
    Regarding Anna not noticing - thats exactly what
    I would expect. She is such an interfering
    bombastic person - always concerned about
    other peoples business( tho not connected to
    her other than living nearby) that she would
    not notice things under her nose that affect her
    family and should be her concern.
    If they wanted to do a storyline about adoption
    & fostering -Im sure even in a soap.they could
    find a more believable role model.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to maidmarian For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (01-04-2015)

Sally can scrub my door step any time. Had to smile at Beth snd Sarah, they look about the same age. If I were David I would kick them out. I just want to put Michael and Gail in a bag and give them a good shake, talk about wet.
    The People's Channel

12. The Following User Says Thank You to flappinfanny For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (01-04-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by flappinfanny View Post
    Sally can scrub my door step any time. Had to smile at Beth snd Sarah, they look about the same age. If I were David I would kick them out. I just want to put Michael and Gail in a bag and give them a good shake, talk about wet.
    The casting for new Bethany is ridiculous, she does look the same age as Sarah Lou, she could even be a new girlfriend for Jason

Why cant soaps cast actors/actresses near enough the same age of the character they play

I think they would have found it hard to get someone to look younger than her as Sarah looks incredibly young anyway. Fourteen years ago she played a teenage mum but has'nt changed much.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (01-04-2015), parkerman (01-04-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by maidmarian View Post
    And for whatever
    reason - his storylines and behaviours
    do seem to improve the flagging ratings-for
    a while.!
    I must admit to being one of the viewers who finds David's bad behaviour entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by maidmarian View Post
    Regarding Anna not noticing - thats exactly what
    I would expect. She is such an interfering
    bombastic person - always concerned about
    other peoples business( tho not connected to
    her other than living nearby) that she would
    not notice things under her nose that affect her
    family and should be her concern.
    If they wanted to do a storyline about adoption
    & fostering -Im sure even in a soap.they could
    find a more believable role model.
    You're so right about Anna! I always wondered how she (and her partner at the time) were able to adopt so easily as they were brought into Corrie as one of those cliched troubled families that cause strife for everyone around them. Those famous cobbles have had a calming influence on the family but they can't erase their history, which is looked into in great detail for any potential adopter.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

lizann (01-04-2015), maidmarian (01-04-2015), parkerman (01-04-2015)

Thread Information