Page 305 of 1083 FirstFirst ... 205255295303304305306307315355405805 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,050 of 10825

Thread: Coronation Street - Current Episode Discussion - IV

I wouldn't go so far as to say I'm Team Gail but I do think that by taking that money Audrey is stealing £9000 from her daughter and actually could be open to prosecution as she knows where the money has come from.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Perdita (05-02-2013)

I agree, Audrey volunteered to pay Penny the £10000 and it is Gail's money she took to get it back.

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    I wouldn't go so far as to say I'm Team Gail but I do think that by taking that money Audrey is stealing £9000 from her daughter and actually could be open to prosecution as she knows where the money has come from.
    It might be difficult to prove that the 9 grand was part of the 40 grand that he conned from Gail.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

lizann (05-02-2013), Ruffed_lemur (06-02-2013), tammyy2j (05-02-2013)

It might be difficult to prove that the 9 grand was part of the 40 grand that he conned from Gail.

Interesting letter in the Radio Times this week ("Letter of the Week" in fact):

"Miscarriages of justice often play a major part in Coronation Street's biggest storylines. Most of the Weatherfield population have at one time or another been hauled off to the nick for a crime they didn't commit. Lovely Tyrone's arrest for domestic violence is the latest agonising travesty to get us all yelling in frustration at our screens.

"But these 'you've-got-the-wrong-person' storylines require a massive suspension of disbelief. Viewers are expected to accept crucial evidence being overlooked, and police taking a blinkered attitude. Photos are taken to provide vital proof but no-one thinks to back them up in case they're deleted. His wife Kirsty has gleefully taunted her victims behind closed doors, but didn't anyone think to press the record button on their phone? Most unbelievable is the behaviour of Tyrone's friends and neighbours. Everyone readily accepts the accusations of newcomer Kirsty over the word of someone they've liked for many years. It adds up to an increasingly daft storyline, losing credibility with each episode.

"Of course, all soap plots involve a bit of dramatic licence. But sometimes 'dramatic licence' crosses over into 'insulting the viewers' intelligence."

Kate Young
    Maidstone, Kent.
    Last edited by parkerman; 05-02-2013 at 12:41.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

alan45 (05-02-2013), Brucie (05-02-2013), Dazzle (05-02-2013), lizann (05-02-2013)

And again
    Last edited by parkerman; 05-02-2013 at 11:55.

"Miscarriages of justice often play a major part in Coronation Street's biggest storylines. Most of the Weatherfield population have at one time or another been hauled off to the nick for a crime they didn't commit. Lovely Tyrone's arrest for domestic violence is the latest agonising travesty to get us all yelling in frustration at our screens.

"But these 'you've-got-the-wrong-person' storylines require a massive suspension of disbelief. Viewers are expected to accept crucial evidence being overlooked, and police taking a blinkered attitude. Photos are taken to provide vital proof but no-one thinks to back them up in case they're deleted. His wife Kirsty has gleefully tainted her victims behind closed doors, but didn't anyone think to press the record button on their phone? Most unbelievable is the behaviour of Tyrone's friends and neighbours. Everyone readily accepts the accusations of newcomer Kirsty over the word of someone they've liked for many years. It adds up to an increasingly daft storyline, losing credibility with each episode.

"Of course, all soap plots involve a bit of dramatic licence. But sometimes 'dramatic licence' crosses over into 'insulting the viewers' intelligence."

Kate Young
    Maidstone, Kent.

Not to mention Traceyluv's sudden release from prison, Gail's incarceration over Joe McIntyre, The sudden appearance of Leeannes long lost and previously unmentioned mother from the other side of Manchester,

"But these 'you've-got-the-wrong-person' storylines require a massive suspension of disbelief. Viewers are expected to accept crucial evidence being overlooked, and police taking a blinkered attitude. Photos are taken to provide vital proof but no-one thinks to back them up in case they're deleted. His wife Kirsty has gleefully tainted her victims behind closed doors, but didn't anyone think to press the record button on their phone? Most unbelievable is the behaviour of Tyrone's friends and neighbours. Everyone readily accepts the accusations of newcomer Kirsty over the word of someone they've liked for many years. It adds up to an increasingly daft storyline, losing credibility with each episode.

Kate Young
    Maidstone, Kent.

Not to mention Traceyluv's sudden release from prison, Gail's incarceration over Joe McIntyre, The sudden appearance of Leeannes long lost and previously unmentioned mother from the other side of Manchester,

Quote Originally Posted by flappinfanny View Post
    i may be in a minority but i'm team gail. as for david, i wish charlie had drowned the little runt in that bath!
    team lewis

david looks so much like martin platt lately good casting there

She didnt steal the money from Gail and as Alan said how will it be proven that the 9 grand come from Gail's money

Thread Information