Page 73 of 1083 FirstFirst ... 23637172737475831231735731073 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronation Street - Current Episode Discussion - IV

they were brillirant scenes between audrey and rita, the writing was great. Im loving corrie at the moment.

i dont remember alf - what was the story with rita and alf, did rita and alf have an affair? they didnt go into it in the argument?
    Maisie Mouse

I can vaguely remember Alf but can't remember what happened with him and Rita either. I don't think he and Rita had an affair. I do remember that everyone thought Audrey was a gold-digger when she married him though. Maybe he had a deep friendship with Rita, but Audrey came along and turned his head.

I can remember him at the end of his time at coronation street shortly before he died, but my dad was saying that they used to be friends, it was to do with the council i think. I cant really remember though.

I've been doing a bit of reading around, and apparently Alf used to lust after Rita (before he met Audrey) but it wasn't reciprocated. Then, after Alf died, Audrey found a photo of Rita and Alf and accused Rita of having an affair with him. It turned out that the photo was a double-exposure and Rita wasn't actually standing with Alf at all, so her accusations were without foundation. It's obviously still a sore point between them, though.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

*-Rooney-* (07-04-2010)

Rita and Alf were friends as they both owned shops. When Audrey appeared on the street she was a bit of a tart. She was a single mum but Gail hadn't seen her for a couple of years. The impression was that Audrey resented having Gail as it stopped her having a life she thought she deserved. Then she married Alf and there was a lot of talk that she only married him for his money. Alf always held atorch for Rita but she loved bad boy Len Fairclough. Audrey knows she was always second best to Rita.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chloe O'brien For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (10-04-2010), Katy (11-04-2010)

I enjoyed Leanne's proposal to Peter - it was the right thing to do after she ruined his proposal. No doubt their wedding will be full of drama.

Friday's Episode was so funny. That party John and Fiz went to made me laugh my head off. John 's Right, they are Mental!
    Team Edward!

yeah, i agree, it was when Fiz was talking about Marujana.

Was Kyle the guy who plays Bolton Smilie in waterloo Road?? It looked like him and that he had grown his hair.

Loved Leannes proposal

How hilarious is Mary "surrounded by curly wurlys, i feel like willy wonka sometimes"
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris_2k11 For This Useful Post:

Katy (11-04-2010)

Thread Information