Page 283 of 1083 FirstFirst ... 183233273281282283284285293333383783 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,830 of 10825

Thread: Coronation Street - Current Episode Discussion - IV

At least Lewis past Gail and Gloria's test,but could he really have changed his ways at last.

Quote Originally Posted by N.Fan View Post
    At least Lewis past Gail and Gloria's test,but could he really have changed his ways at last.
    I'll never trust that Lewis has changed, no matter how many tests he passes.

I thoroughly enjoyed last night's Corrie double bill featuring mainly the older members of the cast. The Gloria/Audrey/Lewis/Gail scenes were especially entertaining. Good on the oldies for showing the young 'uns how it should be done .

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

N.Fan (03-11-2012)

deleted
    Last edited by Dazzle; 03-11-2012 at 16:32.

i think the writers in corrie and soaps generally are running out of steam and ideas. an example of this is the deirdre/wendy/ken storyline.

i love sue johnston as an actress, she is one of our finest, but the corrie script writers have let sue down. imo gloria hasnt worked. they have tried to turn gloria into blanche/sylvia and that has been a mistake. if sue is to return to the cobbles after her stint i hope they give her better material to work with!

on a more positive note, im looking forward to the royle family christmas special.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to flappinfanny For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (04-11-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by flappinfanny View Post
    i think the writers in corrie and soaps generally are running out of steam and ideas. an example of this is the deirdre/wendy/ken storyline.

i love sue johnston as an actress, she is one of our finest, but the corrie script writers have let sue down. imo gloria hasnt worked. they have tried to turn gloria into blanche/sylvia and that has been a mistake. if sue is to return to the cobbles after her stint i hope they give her better material to work with!

on a more positive note, im looking forward to the royle family christmas special.
    Agree totally. What a rubbish character Gloria is!

Quote Originally Posted by flappinfanny View Post

Flappinfanny disses Corrie yet again

Corrie's not at its best at the moment, admittedly, but I still find a lot to love about it. I wasn't impressed with Gloria at first, but she's grown on me and I've enjoyed her recent scenes with Audrey et al.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

alan45 (05-11-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post

Corrie's not at its best at the moment, admittedly, but I still find a lot to love about it. I wasn't impressed with Gloria at first, but she's grown on me and I've enjoyed her recent scenes with Audrey et al.
    I agree with you about Gloria. I thought the producers were in danger of doing a St. Ella on her character by placing her at the forefront of every storyline. They seemed to have learnt from that fiasco. Sue Johnson is ten times the actress that Michelle Collins will ever be. She should not be seen as a replacement for the irreplaceable Maggie Hunt but allowed to have a character of her own. She is being stifled by the ridiculous character that is St. Ella and that oxygen theif daughter of hers. The sooner these two up sticks and leave the better/

The Ken/Dreary/Wendy menage a trois storyline has been a bit like the Parson's Egg, it promised so much but ended up delivering nowt.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

I agree with you about Gloria. I thought the producers were in danger of doing a St. Ella on her character by placing her at the forefront of every storyline. They seemed to have learnt from that fiasco. Sue Johnson is ten times the actress that Michelle Collins will ever be. She should not be seen as a replacement for the irreplaceable Maggie Hunt but allowed to have a character of her own. She is being stifled by the ridiculous character that is St. Ella and that oxygen theif daughter of hers. The sooner these two up sticks and leave the better/

The Ken/Dreary/Wendy menage a trois storyline has been a bit like the Parson's Egg, it promised so much but ended up delivering nowt.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

12. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (05-11-2012)

ill be a good boy from now on.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to flappinfanny For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (07-11-2012)

Dark side to Lewis last night, telling Gloria in the taxi that he had targeted her and would now go after Gail!!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarah c For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (07-11-2012), flappinfanny (08-11-2012)

Thread Information