Page 350 of 1083 FirstFirst ... 250300340348349350351352360400450850 ... LastLast
Results 3,491 to 3,500 of 10825

Thread: Coronation Street - Current Episode Discussion - IV

Has David Platt taken a sabbatical to pursue his vendetta against Nick? Since it started, he's appeared everywhere - at all times of day - except at the salon. And who's supposed to be looking after Max when he's at the Bistro, with Gail and Kylie? Another case of Soapland's "conveniently disappearing parental responsibilities" phenomena!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Brucie For This Useful Post:

lizann (05-07-2013), parkerman (04-07-2013), Ruffed_lemur (04-07-2013), tammyy2j (04-07-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Brucie View Post
    Has David Platt taken a sabbatical to pursue his vendetta against Nick? Since it started, he's appeared everywhere - at all times of day - except at the salon. And who's supposed to be looking after Max when he's at the Bistro, with Gail and Kylie? Another case of Soapland's "conveniently disappearing parental responsibilities" phenomena!
    Yep, children and pets often disappear when not required on-screen.

I felt sorry for Gail when David was throwing the peanuts at her, she cleans, cooks and babysits Max and yes she knows about Kylie and Nick sleeping together but Kylie is the one who cheated on him, I thought David was going to force the peanuts into her mouth or hit her

I think Hayley might have got some bad news from the doctor

Owen was quite reasonable and rational with Faye and as usual Faye can do no wrong in Anna's eyes so to her Tim is the blame, I guess he is partially at fault staying longer away with his new lady friend and not ringing Anna to check on Faye

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

flappinfanny (05-07-2013)

i would love nick to give david a good smack, he is the runt of the litter.
    The People's Channel

Tim should have taken Faye to Anna, explained he had to go away and made sure she was there. He should then have phoned Anna every day (at least) to make sure she was ok. It is entirely his fault in my opinion. He's the adult. He shouldn't have put it all on to Faye.
    Last edited by parkerman; 06-07-2013 at 13:30.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Brucie (12-07-2013), flappinfanny (06-07-2013), lizann (06-07-2013), Perdita (06-07-2013), tammyy2j (08-07-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    Tim should have taken Faye to Anna, explained he had to go away and made sure she was there. He should then have phoned Anna every day (at least) to make sure she was ok. It is entirely his fault in my opinion. He's the adult. He shouldn't have put it all on to Faye.
    I know you're right, Parkerman, and I would agree with you if this were a real-life case, but I find Anna, Owen and Faye so dislikeable that I'm afraid my sympathies were with Tim last night. He's not a good father, but he's not evil either.

The way Anna was ranting at him was so hypocritical. If she were any kind of mother she would have kept in close contact with Faye when she went to live with Tim - Anna should have been inviting Faye for tea regularly and speaking to her on the phone every day - her dirty clothes and extreme hunger would have been immediately obvious then.

Anna's won now because Faye knows Tim is a terrible father - so what's with trying to run Tim out of town to prevent him hurting Faye again?? Faye still loves her dad so would be incredibly hurt if he left.
    Last edited by Dazzle; 06-07-2013 at 18:16.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Brucie (12-07-2013), tammyy2j (08-07-2013)

I agree with the last part. It is completely wrong to hound Tim out of Faye's life. He is her father and naturally she loves him and wants to see him as much as possible. It is just wrong to threaten him to get him to leave.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (06-07-2013), tammyy2j (08-07-2013)

sally should have brought gail back some peanuts and tim with the wine

anna wants owen to bully tim out of faye's life some mother she is

sally should have brought gail back some peanuts and tim with the wine

anna wants owen to bully tim out of faye's life some mother she is

15. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

parkerman (07-07-2013)

Was just catching up on Corrie from last night, great episodes again. Can see a little spark developing there with Tim and Sally. It would be nice for him to develop a relationship on screen. And I hope he doesnt go, cos I think he's a nice enough person. Just finds being a dad tough. Nice that Sally can see that. Having said that it's best that Faye is back with Anna and Owen. They are good for her. I know Owen likes to throws his weight around but you can see he cares about Faye a lot.

Feel sorry for Sinead such a nice girl and would be great for Chesney. I dont think Chesney and Katy belong together. They both clearly want different things out of life. Chesney is way too set in his ways for Katy. Sinead strikes me as more of a 'girl next door' type lol.

I think i'm going to find it hard seeing David's destruction of Nick and Gail in the next few months. Seems like it may run till xmas. I'm wondering if Leanne will understand David's antics when she finds out about Nick and Kylie. It's tough though, Leanne has made a lot of mistakes in her past. Would they work it out? I don't know how to feel about Gail. I know she's got her family's best interests at heart. I think her keeping this a secret, is her trying to keep her family together. She should really try to take a bit of a back seat though. She does get a little bit too involved sometimes. But what would you do if you faced with that decision? Its a tough situation.

Plus I love Hayley

17. The Following User Says Thank You to sean slater For This Useful Post:

Brucie (12-07-2013)

Thread Information