View Poll Results: Should they call for a General election?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 64.71%
  • No

6 35.29%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Should they call for a General election?

Should they call for a General election?

My parents were talking about this earlier, saying how things are such a mess now and they really should call for a general election, eventhough they think they wont.

What does everyone else think about things?

I mean these MP's and their mess, in a government thats 'allowed' this to happen, surely loads of people would want an election, and MP's have stood down.

MPs who choose to stand down at the next election get a huge fat payoff for their 'services' and some other reduncacy package. Make them quit now!

I for one have lost faith in Labour. I don't see anything better happening as a result of Gordon Brown he wasn't even elected by us I don't think?
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

He wasnt

Ive never liked labour

I think they should have an election, cant they see that we are mad with the government

My mum thinks that the reason they wont call for the election is cos the conservative party will have a landslide victory, now thats just her opinion but I mean looking at the state of things I wouldnt be surprised

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Abbie For This Useful Post:

StarsOfCCTV (30-05-2009)

Gordon Brown won't call one, he waited for years to be PM he wants to hang on to the last strings of power.
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

Exactly! And come to think of it, I havent seen him on the news this week

I don't really understand the whole process, but I think they should call one. Gordon Brown wasn't even elected as Stars said and the expenses are ridiculous. In a recession that they aren't free of blame for it just makes their claims worse.

yep they should call an election and get rid of these corrupt and immoral MPs... bring in people who are interested in making this country a better place, rather than having their moat cleaned.

Thanking the fabulous TAbbie, for the banner!

But allMPs from all major parties have made contentious claims, so which ever party wins, there will be ministers who should not be, even if only for morally wrong claims, if not possibly illegal. However, I also believe the ministers who have offered to stand down by the next election should resign immediately and without pay-offs etc so there would have to be so many bi-elections, might just as well be a general election. But voters need to forget about the expenses scandal and vote for the party with the best manifesto for the country. Trouble is, ministers can promise us heaven on earth but can't be held legally responsible for not delivering on their promise.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Jojo (31-05-2009)

But Gordon Brown has only ordered a review of those people bought up under the expenses in the telegraph. At least David Cameron is ordering a review of everyone and getting rid of those who are corrupt.

At least that's what I understood from the news.

I also don't like Labour because they gave the go-ahead for the third runway. I am so mad at that.

i think they should have one but i dont see it happening tbh
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

Thread Information