View Poll Results: Should they call for a General election?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 64.71%
  • No

6 35.29%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Should they call for a General election?

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    But allMPs from all major parties have made contentious claims, so which ever party wins, there will be ministers who should not be, even if only for morally wrong claims, if not possibly illegal.
    i agree. my gran was moaning about their mp saying that they werent voting for him again cos hed claimed stuff and my mum was like yeh but they probably all have
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    But allMPs from all major parties have made contentious claims, so which ever party wins, there will be ministers who should not be, even if only for morally wrong claims, if not possibly illegal. :

Not every MP has made contentious claims... Ive read about decent MPs who have been tarnished because of this claims business...

If lots of these MPs who have made questionable claims and in some cases it is actually 'fraud', ie claiming on mortagages that have been paid off... then they should be FORCED to stand down and be replaced with a new person who must realise (if for nothing else other than safeguarding the future of their political career) that claims like we have seen, will no longer be tolerated by joe public.

Thanking the fabulous TAbbie, for the banner!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Pinkbanana For This Useful Post:

Jojo (31-05-2009)

Perhaps it needs to be investigated before they are allowed to stand whether they made contentious claims or not. That way the public would not find out after they have been elected. Don't know how practical that would be though.

Gordon Bown is not to blame for the MP's making all these illegal claims the adminsitration was done before he became PM so why should he have to suffer for someone elses mistakes. If you want to blame anyone blame Maggie Thatcher she was the one who implememted the expsenses claim to begin with when the Tories were in power.

My parents were strong labour voters and so am I for a personal point of view I would not be financially secure as I was without Mr Brown and I will have no problem in voting Mr Brown again if there was a General Election. I know he isn't the most charasmatic man but he is a very wise man and he deserves a chance. Yes the MP's are corrupt and shouldn't be allowed to stand down at the next election party leaders should sack them and they should leave without their penison or any other perks. It's not only Laour MP's that are gulity the Tories have just as much but you don't see David Cameron getting a hard time.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Chloe O'brien For This Useful Post:

Jojo (31-05-2009)

The main issuse still remains, that this was still allowed to happen in a Labour government, where we have seen disgusting amounts of money being wasted

Quote Originally Posted by StarsOfCCTV View Post
    Gordon Brown won't call one, he waited for years to be PM he wants to hang on to the last strings of power.
    Brown won't call and election because he knows the chances of Labour in power for another four years is incredibly slim.

In the EU election polls, UKIP have pushed Labour down into third place.

The public are fed up of their money being spent on second homes for their representatives. All the public go on about is their taxes being spent for this and that. They don't see how Labour stabilised the economy after the Tories or how they helped single parents go back to work or the other good things they have done.

No political party is perfect. People vote on different issues but I do think people have lost confidence in their government. There are a lot of mistakes Labour have made, such as no referendum on joining the EU and the 10p tax. I'm sure if Cameron got into Number 10 (god help us if he does) he'd make as many mistakes or decisions that aren't in the best interests of the public.

I'm not a labour supporter but I can see the good that Blair did.

It wouldn't make a difference to me if Brown called an election, as long as the Tories or the BNP get control of the country. I can live with Labour's policies but the party I support better suit my political views.

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'brien View Post
    Gordon Bown is not to blame for the MP's making all these illegal claims the adminsitration was done before he became PM so why should he have to suffer for someone elses mistakes. If you want to blame anyone blame Maggie Thatcher she was the one who implememted the expsenses claim to begin with when the Tories were in power.

Yes the MP's are corrupt and shouldn't be allowed to stand down at the next election party leaders should sack them and they should leave without their penison or any other perks. It's not only Laour MP's that are gulity the Tories have just as much but you don't see David Cameron getting a hard time.
    I concur. If they were in a private business they would be sacked for taking excessive expenses funds from the business.

Cameron is always very quick to stick the knife in and reminds me very much of the bitchy schoolgirls in the playground.

If a Genral Election was to be called it would lead to voters panic voting and just vote the Tories in just like they did when Tony Blair was voted in. He wasn't voted in because the public wanted him to be Prime Minister he was voted because the public wanted rid of the Tories. I am sickened like the rest of the country regarding the MP's fraudulent claims and every single one of them should be made to pay back every penny they fiddled but calling an election is not the answer.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chloe O'brien For This Useful Post:

Abigail (31-05-2009), Jojo (31-05-2009), JustJodi (31-05-2009), Pinkbanana (31-05-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    They don't see how Labour stabilised the economy after the Tories or how they helped single parents go back to work or the other good things they have done.

No political party is perfect. People vote on different issues but I do think people have lost confidence in their government. There are a lot of mistakes Labour have made, such as no referendum on joining the EU and the 10p tax. I'm sure if Cameron got into Number 10 (god help us if he does) he'd make as many mistakes or decisions that aren't in the best interests of the public.
    tbh i think theyre all as bad as each other, all make promises they dont keep. yeh labour might have saved the economy from the conservatives but now theyve messed it up again themselves. none of them are perfect and when one messes up people are gonna switch to voting to the other in a hope things will improve, then when they mess up they will switch back again

im not really a supporter of any party due to i agree with different policies from each of them, ill just decide at the time whether the current government/council have done a good job or not. my local councils conservative and apparently we have one of the lowest council tax rates in the country, however that doesnt mean that i want them to be in government, nor does it mean that i like labour either
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

Labour needs to sort this mess out first before people vote with a knee-jerk reaction. Because all major parties are involved in the expense scandal, parties like the BNP might get voted for and that would be bad.

Thread Information