View Poll Results: Automatic or Manual Transmission?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Automatic

2 18.18%
  • Manual

8 72.73%
  • Both

1 9.09%

Thread: Automatic or Manual?

Automatic or Manual?

Cars.. Which one do you prefer?

Manual, if you ever need a jump start, it is possible, but not with an automatic. I trained on an automatic but have had mostly manual cars once I had my licence.

I wanted to learn automatic, but now I'm glad I learnt manual.

The cars are cheaper, save more on fuel, and your license covers both manual and automatic.
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

Manual all the way. Automatic seems lazy unless you have a genuine need for the transmission such as a gammy left hand that makes gear shifting difficult.

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    If you pass your test in an automatic - you aren't covered to drive a manual, so would have to retake your test in a manual.

I find automatics boring tbh and I found it very easy (prior to ABS) to cause an auto to go into a skid when emergency braking, whereas I've never gone into a skid in a manual.

Manuals win hands down for me (I find they have far better acceleration aswell *ahem lol* )

Mine won't go more than 25 mph up a hill. If I try to faster it just makes more noise.

My friends parents are making my friend learn automatic and I think they are mad. They want her to drive their practically new toyota prius but they don't want her to drive it alone. I really don't see the point, no different than being a learner driver. Learning to drive in a manual would be practically like learning to drive all over again because its a whole new skill to learn.
    Last edited by StarsOfCCTV; 27-05-2009 at 17:55.
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

Manual. I considered learning in automatic because i thought it would be easier - but it really isn't! Learn in a manual and its all fine Plus the you get a better range of cars - and they tend to be cheaper!

i dont drive yet but i heard that automatics were easier, though judging by these comments they dont seem to be! id learn in a manual cos as others have said then you can drive either
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

I would agree with automatics being easier, in a manual you have to learn clutch control and the gears but its more useful to know.

Thread Information