Thread: Mel B 'searching for new Spice Girls'

Mel B 'searching for new Spice Girls'

Mel B has held talks with music channel VH1 to host a new reality show to find a new girlband.

The singer, 33, revealed that the talent series will search for a group of singers who have the potential to achieve the same level of success she enjoyed with the Spice Girls.

"It's going to be a real chance to find some edgy raw talents and watch it unfold as part of the show," Music-News quotes her as saying.

Brown, who is currently starring in burlesque dance act Peepshow in Las Vegas, admitted that the chance of another Spice Girls reunion was unlikely, even with the right price.

"It wasn't about money for us - it was about going out on top where we finished," she said.

Girlband The Saturdays recently claimed that they were eager to achieve the same popularity as the 'Wannabe' singers.

Surely there are enough girl bands around at the moment who can easily achieve the same success as the Spice Girls had and there are plenty of talent shows around to find more, erm, talent, so is this really necessary?

I saw this the other day..

To be honest, I don't think the same success will ever be achieved by any band again, at least not for a few years... It's a nice idea, and as much as I love Mel, I can't see this show (or the band that will be created from it) doing amazingly well. There's no real gap in the market for a girl band.

However, I'm not writing it off straight away though. I'm intrigued and I'll be watching, but only because it's Mel B

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Girlband The Saturdays recently claimed that they were eager to achieve the same popularity as the 'Wannabe' singers.
    erm no offence to them but they've got a long way to go
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

I think it will take a lot for a girlband to have the same success they did

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_2k9 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    erm no offence to them but they've got a long way to go
    the sats have done very well though! support acts dont usually get this far! i think girls cant catch are going to do well too( this years support for girls aloud) they seem very popular with girls aloud fans like the sats were
    westlife @ echo 18th march 2011 block 17
    westlife @ men 22nd march 2011 block C

Mel B has claimed that she keeps fit by having sex five times a day.

The former Spice Girl denied that she is obsessed with exercise and attributed her toned physique to regular sessions with her husband Stephen Belafonte.

"I'm honestly not body-obsessed - I can't be with three kids and a husband," she told Grazia.

"My husband likes my muscles, but then he's seen me every which way over the past eight years - including when I put on 42lbs after my last pregnancy - and he always loves my body.

"In fact, on top of all my exercise, I have sex with him five times a day - maybe that has something to do with it. I have to admit, I'm a nymphomaniac with him. It's sexercise."

The star, who is currently appearing in Las Vegas burlesque act Peepshow, added that she would never consider liposuction as a quick weight-loss measure.

"I have never had liposuction and I never would - you can tell when people have it because it makes their skin uneven. I've got a six-pack without lipo. I don't need it," she said.

When does she find the time to look after her kids (3?? I thought she had 2?) And when will she find time to find a new girl band?

Thread Information