Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Emmerdale' casts 'sexy' farming family The Bartons

'Emmerdale' casts 'sexy' farming family The Bartons

Emmerdale producers have finally revealed the soap's highly-anticipated new farming dynasty The Bartons as part of the show's ongoing overhaul.

The five-piece traditional, nuclear family - comprising mother, father, two daughters and a son - make their shock arrival in the Dales in the summer when Andy Sugden (Kelvin Fletcher) returns to his soon-to-be former home Butler's Farm to discover they have taken residence.

Described as "lively and loveable", the warm and seemingly picture-perfect clan ruffle various people's feathers in the village, especially the Wyldes' when a dramatic accident signals the start of a rocky relationship for the families.

Principled head of the family John Barton will be played by former Holby Blue actor James Thornton, who portrayed PC Jake Loughton in the BBC police drama.

Speaking of his new role, he said: "John is a successful, ambitious farmer trying to run a business and keep his family on-track. He'll stand up for what he believes in and that will make him an interesting character for me to get my teeth stuck into. I can't wait to get started and to be back up to Yorkshire."

Meanwhile, ex-The Bill actress Natalie J Robb (PC Andrea Dunbar) is to take on the role of vivacious mum Moira and will become the latest Woolpack barmaid.

Of her character, she said: "I'm delighted to be joining Emmerdale. I've already met some of the cast who have been lovely and welcoming. Moira is a lot of fun, her family come first but she values her independence too."

Waterloo Road actor and brother to Corrie star Ryan Thomas (Jason Grimshaw) Adam Thomas has been signed to play the family's 17-year-old son Adam.

John and Moira's eldest daughter Holly and youngest Hannah are to be played by former Britannia High actress Sophie Powles and Grange Hill's Grace Cassidy.

Series producer Gavin Blyth commented: "We wanted to stay true to Emmerdale's heritage by introducing a modern-day farming family at the heart of the village. The Bartons will continue to take the show forward in contemporary style as the show embraces a series of new signings for an exciting future."

Other recent and upcoming casting and soap returns include Jeff Hordley (Cain Dingle), Emma Atkins (Charity Tate), James Sutton (Ryan Lamb), UK soap's first blind actress Kitty McGeever (Lizzie Lakely) and Kim Thomson (Faye Lamb).

The new family begins filming in Leeds next week and will first appear on screen in July.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (22-05-2009), tammyy2j (22-05-2009)

So were will will Andy and Victoria live now.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Bound to be the Woolpack

So Andy will no longer be a farmer - what will he do

Hopefully leave with Victoria

He might be the hired help in future, working for the Barton family

Vic will live in the Woolpack. Unsure about Andy, this might be part of his storyline that he is on, his depression/downward spiral about giving up on Sarah. Andy might even get a new farm in the near future, as the producers are trying to go back to the rural surroundings.

Looking forward to watching Adam Thomas in Emmerdale, possible love interest for Vic/Scarlett.

Quote Originally Posted by angel_eyes87 View Post
    Vic will live in the Woolpack. Unsure about Andy, this might be part of his storyline that he is on, his depression/downward spiral about giving up on Sarah. Andy might even get a new farm in the near future, as the producers are trying to go back to the rural surroundings.

Looking forward to watching Adam Thomas in Emmerdale, possible love interest for Vic/Scarlett.
    Definitely, not just possible, I am sure. Unless he prefers Aaron
    Last edited by Perdita; 22-05-2009 at 11:26. Reason: Correction of grammar

Then he will be the only gay in the Village

Who is Victoria's legal guardian?

No one knows, did Diane officially adopt Vic or was that Daz that her and Jack wanted to adopt.

Thread Information