Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying Soap, Drama and Spoiler Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Baldwin Return

Former Coronation Street actor Johnny Briggs has revealed that he would be willing to sign up for a permanent role in Doctors.

The 71-year-old, best known for his role as Weatherfield's Mike Baldwin, will be seen making a guest appearance as convicted criminal John Cotham on the BBC medical drama next week.

Discussing his time with the soap in an interview with What's On TV, Briggs commented: "It's been absolutely wonderful. When I stopped and semi-retired I thought I wouldn't do much, but it was absolutely great - what a nice bunch they are as well!"

Asked whether he would accept a full-time part, he replied: "Oh yes! It's a good show, I really enjoyed doing it."

Briggs also revealed that he agreed to take on the role of John following encouragement from his daughter.

He said: "I watched it and I thought, 'This is quite good, this series!'. I mentioned it to my children. I have a 26-year-old daughter who's an actress, and she said, 'Oh Daddy, that was really good - I'd give my right arm to be in it!'."

Briggs's Doctors episode will air next Monday at 1.45pm on BBC One.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s1...full-time.html

online talk of recast mark baldwin return

Thread Information