Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Baldwin Return

Former Coronation Street actor Johnny Briggs has revealed that he would be willing to sign up for a permanent role in Doctors.

The 71-year-old, best known for his role as Weatherfield's Mike Baldwin, will be seen making a guest appearance as convicted criminal John Cotham on the BBC medical drama next week.

Discussing his time with the soap in an interview with What's On TV, Briggs commented: "It's been absolutely wonderful. When I stopped and semi-retired I thought I wouldn't do much, but it was absolutely great - what a nice bunch they are as well!"

Asked whether he would accept a full-time part, he replied: "Oh yes! It's a good show, I really enjoyed doing it."

Briggs also revealed that he agreed to take on the role of John following encouragement from his daughter.

He said: "I watched it and I thought, 'This is quite good, this series!'. I mentioned it to my children. I have a 26-year-old daughter who's an actress, and she said, 'Oh Daddy, that was really good - I'd give my right arm to be in it!'."

Briggs's Doctors episode will air next Monday at 1.45pm on BBC One.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s1...full-time.html

online talk of recast mark baldwin return

Thread Information