Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Day 8 Spoilers

'24' to end after season eight?

Fox TV executive Kevin Reilly has reportedly hinted that the eighth series of 24 could be the show's final season.
    According to WENN, the US network is seriously considering the programme's future following years of rumours surrounding its demise.
    Reilly told the New York Post: "It's our last contractual season of 24. There are a lot of moving parts, so we're not sure what will happen after that. It's going to come down to a business decision.
    "It's not an inexpensive show on the network books and we also want to finish strong. This is not a show we want to prop up."
    Star Kiefer Sutherland, who is allegedly paid around $550,000 (£330,000) per episode, will be out of contract after season eight - which also lends weight to the current speculation.

I will be gutted if it is the end of 24 but I would rather the show went out with all guns blazing. How will the world survive without Jack Bauer.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

'Heroes' star Anders joins cast of '24'

Former Heroes star David Anders has signed on for a recurring role in the new season of 24, according to E! Online.

A representative for the actor, who played Adam Monroe in the NBC drama, confirmed that he will star in a "handful of episodes" in the upcoming eighth series.

The spokesperson reportedly declined to reveal what role the 28-year-old would be playing.

Anders is the latest addition to the cult show's cast. Other notable guest stars to land parts in the new season include Freddie Prinze Jr, Battlestar Galactica's Katee Sackhoff and Desperate Housewives actor T.J. Ramini.

Anders is best known for his recurring role in Heroes and playing Julian Sark in ABC spy drama Alias.

he's only going to be in a handful of episodes. looks like he's gonna get pumped full of Bauer bulllets.

How long to January now Abigail.

Malek, Morris, Titizian join '24'

Rami Malek, Julian Morris and Hrach Titizian have landed recurring roles on Fox's 24, says The Hollywood Reporter.
    Malek, whose previous credits include Medium and Gilmore Girls, will play Marcos, a would-be suicide bomber, while former ER actor Morris is joining as a CTU SWAT agent.
    30-year-old Titizian, who appeared as Zamil Kouri in 24's sixth season, will take on the new role of Nabeel, the second-in-command of security for President Hassan.

Abigail How long to January

114 days to January 1st

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Abigail For This Useful Post:

Chloe O'brien (09-09-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    114 days to January 1st
    That means around 137 days to the end of January when 24 normally returns.

Former True Blood actor Stephen Root has joined the cast of Fox's 24, says The Hollywood Reporter.

The 57-year-old, who played Eddie for four episodes of FX's vampire drama, has reportedly been booked on the Kiefer Sutherland-fronted show for a multi-episode arc.

Root has been cast in the role of Ben Prady, an officer of the Department of Corrections who is looking into a parolee who has gone missing. He joins Rami Malek, Julian Morris and Hrach Titizian, who have all recently landed recurring roles on the show's upcoming eighth season.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a17...ast-in-24.html

24's executive producer Evan Katz has revealed that he has drafted a number of scenarios for the show's ending in the event that it is not renewed by Fox next year.

Production has begun on the eighth season of the real-time drama, but speculation is rife that the new run will be the show's last. "We have a scenario that would work well [if it's the end]," Katz told Entertainment Weekly. "But we also have a bunch of scenarios where the show could go on in different ways... We’re remaining flexible."

Katz also revealed that Jack's former flame Audrey - last seen at the end of season six - is unlikely to return in season eight. "Some of the things we’re doing this season preclude [her returning]," he said. "So I think not. She was in bad shape the last time we saw her."

24 returns to Fox in January 2010.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a17...ticle_continue

115 days until day 8 returns in the USA.

Kiefer Sutherland has said that 24 could survive without its lead character Jack Bauer.

The actor, who has played the chief protagonist since the programme first aired in 2001, told ShortList that he is afraid that the drama could continue without him.

Sutherland said: "I'm not the real star of the show, not at all. All of us, from the actors to the writers on 24, have always understood from Day 1 that we are not, and never will be, the heartbeat of the show.

"You only have to look at the casualty list of major characters that have died over the years to know you can be killed off, and the show will only get better without you. The real star of 24 has always been the concept of doing this show in 'real time'.

"You involve a running clock and inherently it makes the viewer sit forward and feel on edge. That changed TV forever, I think."

Asked who he wanted to replace his character should he die, he added: "Nobody. F**k. I'll switch into Jack Bauer mode and do whatever I have to do to kill that b*stard.

"It's my job man, and people should know when I go, I'll be going kicking and screaming. Let's say, even if Jack were to die, there are a lot of great actors that could do it, and be successful at it, but that doesn't mean I’d be happy about it."

It was recently suggested that 24 could end after its upcoming eighth season.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a17...ithout-me.html

Thread Information