Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who was your favourite Brookside Character?

Quote Originally Posted by Walford Queen
    I think they should re-run the whole lot on E4, that's the most fitting place for it and it's a CH4 channel so it should be easy to get going. However I doubt it would fit in with E4's image? I would love a re-run up until it started to go silly. Then people might remember the good old days of Brookie more and not the mess it became. I think Channel 4 should re-run it again as a primetime soap, we would know all the spoilers but there's no harm in it. It would be quite fun actually and depending on what storyline they had going it might pull in more viewers for the channel.
    I think that it should be on a TV station rather than Sky so all those who haven't got satelite can enjoy it too.

A Very Sexy and Brilliant Actor

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan
    All soap/drama could learn alot from his character
    and the writing/plots

Sheila and Barry I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Babe14
    I think that it should be on a TV station rather than Sky so all those who haven't got satelite can enjoy it too.
    I think channel 4 should re-show it's heyday.

I think channel 4 should re-show it's heyday.
    it will probably end up on channel 5 with reruns of Sunset Beach, sons and daughters and Eldorado he he

I loved it when it was all about kitchen sink drama. Brookie was even good when it used gangsters and drugs once upon a time. I think it's the only soap that could get away with it without people complaining about it. Jimmy was on drugs and the prog was still fantastic. I used to love him and Jackie. Then it went mental and didn't they break up and one had to stay upstairs and the other downstairs so Jackie went upstairs and said she had the bathroom so Jimmy went and got one of them public loos fitted. How dreadful!!! Then we had Jimmy's mental breakdowns right up until the end. He was still a brill character though. Part of Brookie's problem was sensationalism and Phil Redmond who just has to remain executive producer, they couldn't get him out!
    I also remember Jimmy's son who died in the extension, I was going to say a drug Overdose, but he was murdered wasn't he? Can't remember whether he was pumped with drugs or shot...

Brookie just goes to show that you can have gangster plots in a soap and it being a success, these were some of the best storyines and the ones which involved the "Bad Boys/Gangster" type characters. And the omnibus was pre watershed, O.K there was editing here and there but not a lot. Jimmy was avery good and strong character. Compare his mental breakdown to Arthurs...

I loved Arthur's breakdown in Easties.

I agree though Jimmy acted his breakdown v.good but it got a bit tedious.

I wish Jackie had never left to be honest.

I just think the producers kept throwing in one big plot after another. They got Jackie Corkhill pregnant and there was just no need for it.

I agree with GR they didn't have a traditional soap pub.

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan
    it will probably end up on channel 5 with reruns of Sunset Beach, sons and daughters and Eldorado he he
    I love Sons And Daughters lol.

Does anyone remember Cracker, Jimmy's dog?

Thread Information