Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lie to Me

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**

Lie to Me

Anyone watch the first episode on Thurs on Sky 1??

I thought it was great - a good combination of drama and then small bits of "comedy" and light-heartedness in there too - a great mix.

My only annoyance - where's Cold Case gone?!?!?!?!?!?!?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jojo For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (17-05-2009), Tigerpip (17-05-2009)

I watched it Tim Roth was amazing as always.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chloe O'brien For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (17-05-2009), Tigerpip (17-05-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo View Post
    Anyone watch the first episode on Thurs on Sky 1??

I thought it was great - a good combination of drama and then small bits of "comedy" and light-heartedness in there too - a great mix.

My only annoyance - where's Cold Case gone?!?!?!?!?!?!?
    Yes, hubby and I watched it too.. we loved it. It was pacey and different - and almost believable. (I will be watching out when I speak to anyone in future to try and catch them out!)
    I think Tim Roth is an incredible actor, and he fitted the part splendidly.
    This, added to The Mentalist and Fringe will be on our to watch sky+ planner permanently, from now on.
    cheers guys, *T*

Tim Roth was brilliant. I'm the same now though, thinking about every subconcious movement my face or body might be giving away Have you seen the trailers for the next episode? With the guy at a hotdog stall?

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo View Post
    Tim Roth was brilliant. I'm the same now though, thinking about every subconcious movement my face or body might be giving away Have you seen the trailers for the next episode? With the guy at a hotdog stall?
    Nope, not seen the trailer. Sometimes it's nice not to see them -- as they occasionally give away a bit of the plot!
    Tim Roth is certainly different in this isn't he... when I think of Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs its almost an about-turn in character.

Did you by any chance ever see him in a movie called Captives? - It was made in 1994 and co-starred Julia Ormond - he was a prisoner and she was a prison dentist. Whoooa - it was a bit sexy - but nevertheless a very intense drama.. He was superb!

Incidentally - have you seen The Mentalist? Wondererd what you thought about that too..
    *T*
    Last edited by Tigerpip; 17-05-2009 at 14:52. Reason: wanted to add a little extra..

Tim Roth on tv

The first time I saw Tim Roth was in an early 80's drama called Made in Britain were he played a skinhead thug. He has played many roles all brilliantly.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerpip View Post
    Did you by any chance ever see him in a movie called Captives? - It was made in 1994 and co-starred Julia Ormond - he was a prisoner and she was a prison dentist. Whoooa - it was a bit sexy - but nevertheless a very intense drama.. He was superb!

Incidentally - have you seen The Mentalist? Wondererd what you thought about that too..
    *T* [/FONT]
    No I've not seen that movie.

I have watched a couple of The Mentalist - I think it clashes with another of my programmes, so I have to Sky + it - with the couple of them I've watched so far, its very good, similar in someways with the whole body language bit.

ive wathced the first couple of episodes of this

The first was amazing got really drawn into it but after the first one to novelty wears off a little i think but im going to keep watching it so i can fuigure out whos lying to me in the future lol

WENNMekhi Phifer will reportedly not appear in the third season of Lie To Me.

Speaking to Entertainment Weekly, the show's executive producer David Graziano suggested that Phifer is leaving the series for creative reasons.

He explained that the Lightman Group will no longer work alongside the FBI, meaning that Phifer's character Special Agent Ben Reynolds will not be involved in the new storylines.

"We're going rogue a little bit," Graziano said. "Lightman [Tim Roth] is going to act slightly in the more old-school PI model of a TV protagonist, [so] we're doing away with the FBI contract [and] Mekhi is unfortunately no longer going to be on the show."

He added: "The FBI franchise limited our storytelling a little bit because it had to adhere to the FBI structures of, 'Would the FBI take this case or not?'"

Graziano also revealed details of Monique Curnen's role on the series.

"The character that's going to be our badge this season is a bent cop, Wolowsky [Curnen], who goes about business in a similar way to Lightman," he said. "There's a mutual respect from the get-go. We're working hard to make the Lightman Group a dysfunctional family."

The third season of Lie To Me is expected to begin in November on Fox.
    Last edited by tammyy2j; 02-09-2010 at 16:51.

Thread Information