Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bones season 5

Bones: David Boreanaz Hints on "Pretty Sexual Scene"
    When Bones returns for its fifth season, things will be a lot different for Booth (David Boreanaz) and Brennan (Emily Deschanel). With Booth still struggling to recover from his brain injury, it's as if their relationship is back to ground zero. However, that doesn't mean that the sexual tension between these two characters is off the table.

In an interview with Entertainment Weekly's Michael Ausiello, David Boreanaz teases about how a simple plumbing scene ended up to be something very sexual.

"I forgot to do the plumbing in my house so I realize that I have to get a book How to Plumb for Dummies. So in the beginning of the show we're walking to a crime scene and she says 'Well you're so verse in plumbing you should probably do it yourself' and I said 'I can't do it myself because of this whole coma thing and now I have to get a book for dummies'. It was a very adorable and endearing moment the two of us had talking about books for dummies and we were right back to the give-and-take of our relationship pretty easily," Boreanaz said of how the scene first started.

"We ended up under the sink and there was water spraying all over us," the Bones star said of this fall's can't-miss scene. "It was pretty sexual."

OK so Booth and Brennan didn't exactly do it in the kitchen. But at least fans are left with the possibility that something could still spark amidst this whole brain injury ordeal, right?

"We have sex in our minds every episode. You guys just don't physically see it," Boreanaz teased. "It's really going on between the two characters. If you guys can only imagine what we're really thinking when we're working, it's crazy."

Fans can catch Bones' fifth season beginning Thursday, September 17 on FOX.

-Kris De Leon, BuddyTV Staff Columnist

Article: BuddyTV

Actual video can be seen at: Entertainment Weekly

Televisionary Talks to Hart Hanson About "Bones" Season Five
    Wondering what's going on with Booth? Why Brennan ran off to Guatemala? With whom Angela will end her celibacy vow? You've come to the right place.

I caught up with Bones showrunner/executive producer Hart Hanson last week at the FOX party at the Television Critics Association Summer Press Tour in Pasadena, where I grilled him about Season Five of the FOX drama series.

Among the Bones-related topics under discussion: Booth's mental state when Season Five begins and his fantasy life, Hanson's reactions to fan complaints, Angela's celibacy vow, whether we can expect to see Stephen Fry reprise his role as Dr. Gordon Wyatt, Cyndi Lauper, new characters, the 100th episode, a return trip to London, and more.

But don't take my word for it. Dig in for my exclusive interview with Bones' Hart Hanson below.

Televisionary: Given that we last saw Brennan when Booth came out of his coma, what lands her in Guatemala?

Hanson: We've set up a few times that when she's really miserable she goes down there and identifies victims of the genocide down there and there are so many still remaining unidentified. So when she's really miserable she just throws herself into that. I've been getting grief on the message boards and Twitter about how she could just abandon Booth and all I can say is: she didn't. I promise you, Brennan did not abandon Booth. Watch the season opener; you'll see.

Televisionary: What is Booth's mental state when Season Five of Bones begins?

Hanson: It's six weeks later and Booth is contending with the confusion caused either by his real feelings for Brennan or the hangover--is that the right word?--the residue of his experience in his coma.

He is very confused about the world right now. He hasn't got amnesia. We come back just as Sweet says, okay, you can go back to work. But there's definite repercussions from what he went through at the end of the season finale. And I hope that will make people feel like their complaints about the season finale are being addressed in the season opener and people will like it more in retrospect. We'll find out.

Televisionary: How do you react to frustration from the fans over that reveal?

Hanson: I can't react. I just can't allow that to affect me. I always said, if you give the fans what they want, you'll be off the air almost immediately because all of their desires are met. And you need to play it out and risk being hated once in a while. But it's hard not to react.

The season opener was designed and mostly written before the season ender was edited together so I didn't know precisely [what the reaction would be]--though I had a pretty good idea of what it would be--I just got the proportions wrong. So I didn't have reactions to the season ender before I wrote the season opener but I stuck pretty closely to what the intention was from the beginning.

Televisionary: Will we see elements of Booth's fantasy life continue into the new season?

Hanson: (Pause.) No one's asked me that, damn you! Yes... We will see that other world, although not in the form it was in when Booth was in the coma. But we will have glimpses of what's inside people's brains.

Oh, my god. That was hard. I haven't practiced that answer yet because no one has asked me. I wonder why no one asked that yet!

Televisionary: Any chance that Stephen Fry will return to the series this fall?

Hanson: We are going after him. He's a very busy man; I talk to him all the time. Big brain box. We're checking his availability now for Episode Ten, which is our Christmas episode. We'd like to have him back. We already missed a chance to have him in the season opener because he was busy. He's just always busy! He has what? A million quiz shows and he's doing documentaries and what a lovely man. He wants to come do the show again. So Episode Ten and I hope one other [episode] after that or two, if we're lucky.

Televisionary: You said at San Diego Comic-Con that Cyndi Lauper heard Emily singing her cover of "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" and that's what led her to guest starring on Bones. What was it like working with her?

Hanson: It was awesome. She is a crazy, fascinating character. Her voice, everything about her. She just has a unique way of speaking that you just try to cram into the script. She was just wonderful, just terrific. We'll have her back, we'll have her back a number of times.

Televisionary: Is Lauper contracted for a set number of episodes?

Hanson: No, we can't do that. We can tell our intention to her people that we'd like to have her back here and there and [ask] what her schedule looks like. Same with all of our guest stars. We can't tie them down so it's a constant juggling of availabilities and stuff. But she wants to do it and we want her back. We know her touring dates, we know when she's available, so we'll make it work.

Televisionary: Who else do you have showing up this year as guest stars?

Hanson: We have Stephen Fry showing up for two or three [episodes], Jared [Booth]--Brendan Fehr--will be back. I want to cast one more intern. I have an idea for a severely bi-polar intern that will be amusing and touching; that's what we do.

Televisionary: Male or female?

Hanson: Don't know yet. Probably male, just because the lab tends to be heavily female anyway and we want to keep the balance. And we have Daisy. We will look at both men and women and see who pops. We've had a lot of luck with these interns, with what good actors they are. They are awesome.

Televisionary: So we'll still see a revolving door of squints then?

Hanson: Yes, we're going to keep doing that for a while. Eric Millegan--who plays Zack--is moving to New York so he's a little bit less accessible than he was before. But we'd just love to have him back. We love that guy but he's a guest star now too.

Televisionary: Where do we find Angela next season?

Hanson: I just today wrote Angela breaking her celibacy. If you remember from last year, she was going to do six months of being celibate at Sweet's advice, so just today she broke her stretch of celibacy... I'm not saying with whom. Someone we know. I told [Michaela Conlin] about fifteen minutes ago and she went [makes excited gasping noise]. So it was a good reaction!

Televisionary: Is there any chance of Booth and Brennan returning to London next season?

Hanson: I just met Stuart Murphy, who replaced Richard Woolfe at Sky1, and he would like very much to help make that happen. I guess Bones is a great performer for Sky and he's very interested in talking to us about making that happen. We would jump at the chance to go over there again. For one thing, it would be great to use Indira Varma again. Wow! She's incredibly good and it was fun with her and Booth. So we'd be interested in looking for a way to do that. Maybe, though it's too soon to say, for an episode later in the season or a season ender there. It would be great then.

Televisionary: What can you tell us about Bones' upcoming 100th Episode, which will be directed by David Boreanaz?

Hanson: I don't know a thing about it yet! Except that it will be a story with lots of swoopy camerawork because that's what David likes. He likes those cranes swooping around. It will be Episode Sixteen of this year. I don't know what the story is but we will pull out some stops for that one. It's a big, important episode for us.

Bones' fifth season launches September 17th at 8 pm ET/PT on FOX.

Ask Ausiello: Angela and Brennan’s friendship is tested
    Question: I watched all your Bones Comic-Con vids and I didn’t hear one question asked about Angela and Hodgins. Sad day. Got any scoop on where they are headed next season? —Shanna

Ausiello: Good news: When it comes to Ang and Hodg scoop, my Press Tour vids succeeded where the Comic-Con ones failed. Check ‘em out. And here’s a bonus Angela scoop for your trouble: Exec producer Hart Hanson tells me that early in the season Angela will break her vow of celibacy with a man. “It’s someone we’ve seen before,” he teases. “I just told Michaela who it was and she shrieked.” It’s probably no coincidence that in the same episode, Angela and Brennan’s friendship is tested like never before. “Angela and Brennan have a big fight,” Hanson reveals. “Their friendship is deeply challenged. It’ll be the first time that Brennan realizes that being totally rational about something isn’t necessarily being a good friend. And every time she has done that in the past, Angela has come around and excused Brennan’s behavior. This time, if they’re friendship is to be maintained, Brennan has to take a step toward the irrational.”

Episode 5.01: The Harbingers in the Fountain (Season premiere)

07/24 - Series creator Hart Hanson confirms that a season-opening smooch "was scripted," but adds, "I'm in no way confirming that it was a sincere scripting. Could have been a way to identify leaks."

07/12 - Twelve human skeletons were found beneath a fountain and all of them were poisoned and at least one of them was murdered with a speargun because the poisoned didn't work on that victim. Their ingestigation brings them to the Harbingers of a New Day, which seems to be a sort of religious group or cult that wants to live in a underwater utopia. Booth wants proof that one of his suspects was actually named differently in the past. As hinted in the spoilers below from Korbi TV, Booth and Brennan will indeed share a kiss after he rescues her from a dangerous situation. It looks like Cyndi Lauper's character may be named Avalon Harmonia and would be introduced in this episode. Caroline, Angela, and Sweets also appear.

07/10 - Apparently, when Booth asked Brennan who she was in May's finale, he didn't mean to imply that he didn't remember her. Apparently Booth just wasn't sure whether she was his partner, Bones, or his wife/baby mama from the hallucination/alternate reality he experienced while drugged up. Because of his confusion, we're hearing Booth will continue to struggle with romantic feelings for the good Dr. B throughout the season premiere and may even kiss her after rescuing her from a dangerous situation.

06/14 -"Booth's problem isn't remembering who Brennan is," [Hart Hanson] tells me, "it's remembering which Brennan she is. " Source: The Ausiello Files
    04/05 - '80s pop icon Cyndi Lauper is in talks to recur next season as a kooky psychic that Booth and Brennan bring on as a consultant.

Zooey Deschanel will guest star in an upcoming episode of Bones, Fox has announced.

The December 10 episode, titled 'The Goop On The Girl', will see Deschanel united with her real-life sister Emily for the first time on screen.

She will play Margaret Whitesell, a distant relative of Dr Temperance Brennan, who arrives when Brennan's father invites her to spend Christmas with them. Ryan O'Neal is also appearing in the episode.

Fox has also announced that the milestone 100th episode of Bones, which is due to air next spring, will be directed by David Boreanaz.

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Zooey Deschanel will guest star in an upcoming episode of Bones, Fox has announced.

The December 10 episode, titled 'The Goop On The Girl', will see Deschanel united with her real-life sister Emily for the first time on screen.

She will play Margaret Whitesell, a distant relative of Dr Temperance Brennan, who arrives when Brennan's father invites her to spend Christmas with them. Ryan O'Neal is also appearing in the episode.

Fox has also announced that the milestone 100th episode of Bones, which is due to air next spring, will be directed by David Boreanaz.

The 100th episode will be a flashback in which we see Booth and Brennan on their very first case which occured before she went to Guatemala in series one and finally explains why she was so against working with him on the Cleo Eller case(episode 1.01)

Michaela Conlin has revealed that her Bones character Angela will be pregnant this season.

Speaking to TV Guide, Conlin confirmed the news, although she admitted that she was "bummed" Fox decided to include the pregnancy in a trailer for the show.

Conlin also confessed that she was initially unsure about having a pregnancy storyline so soon after Angela married Hodgins (T. J. Thyne).

"I have to be honest, at first I was a little hesitant," she said. "To marry this wild child off and get her pregnant had me worried that this would limit her, story-wise. But I now feel, getting into the sixth season, it's going to be interesting to see her try to fit her wild life into this maternal situation."

However, Conlin suggested that the paternity of her baby will not be an issue, saying: "I am pretty convinced Hodgins is the dad. Only because we were just married. That would be very slutty of her. This time, I think she played it right."

The new season of Bones begins on September 23 on Fox.

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Michaela Conlin has revealed that her Bones character Angela will be pregnant this season.

Speaking to TV Guide, Conlin confirmed the news, although she admitted that she was "bummed" Fox decided to include the pregnancy in a trailer for the show.

Conlin also confessed that she was initially unsure about having a pregnancy storyline so soon after Angela married Hodgins (T. J. Thyne).

"I have to be honest, at first I was a little hesitant," she said. "To marry this wild child off and get her pregnant had me worried that this would limit her, story-wise. But I now feel, getting into the sixth season, it's going to be interesting to see her try to fit her wild life into this maternal situation."

However, Conlin suggested that the paternity of her baby will not be an issue, saying: "I am pretty convinced Hodgins is the dad. Only because we were just married. That would be very slutty of her. This time, I think she played it right."

The new season of Bones begins on September 23 on Fox.

Hi, I've created a thread for season six now so if you want to re-post this or get it moved there I just thought I'd let you know

When is it starting on Sky 1?

Thread Information