Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bones season 5

Bones season 5

So, after the shock horror ending of the season final (airing here in 2 weeks time) what does season 5 hold in store?

Hart Hanson has confirmed that Bones has most defintiely been picked up for a fifth series due to air this autumn on fox network America (its presumed that sky one will pick it up again here) and some episodes have already been written, although the only notes I can find on these so far are from Hanson's twitter:

May 6th: Giving Karine Rosenthal notes on her script "The Plain in the Prodigy" -- a tearjerker! Probably last notes before our hiatus.

One things for sure the events of the finale have the potential to change the dynamics of the show forever and not necessarily in a good way

Fox has renewed Bones for a fifth season, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Reports say that the show is likely to continue in its Thursday night slot when it returns in the fall.

Bones joins the previously-renewed Dollhouse and Fringe on Fox.

The network is expected to announce its full 2009-10 season lineup later today.

Several reports have now confirmed that Bones has been picked up for both a fifth and sixth series, keeping it on our screens for the next two years. Its America time-slot has now also been confirmed as a lead in for Fringe which can only do good things for the ratings

Hart Hanson has once more been generous, revealing a possible series 5 plot on twitter:

Hart Just responded to a fan on Twitter again:

@TinkonBrink "The Gravedigger will most definitely be back.
    Brennan shouldn't have smacked her with a briefcase like that. "

I'm glad, I loved the gravedigger storyline, should be intersting to see where they go with that

I liked the gravedigger episodes.

I wonder how they will do this isn't the woman in prison! Wonder who will be buried this time!
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

well I've always thought that she had to have an accomplice (no way one woman can knock booth out and haul him through a window alone) so maybe they'll go with that. Maybe Booth and Brennan will get buried together, after all I suppose they're the proverbial 'ones that got away', her biggest challenge

* Warning, refers to currently unaired season 4 final

Matt Mitovitch Anwers a BONES fan question

At the end of the Bones season finale, during the credits, the narrator said new episodes would return in the fall. — Tom

MATT: My, isn't Mr. Voice of Fox well-connected! But did he tell you this?: We have not seen the last of Booth's brother, Jared. "They're just starting to write next season now, but I would imagine he'll pop up," says Emily Deschanel. Noting that Jared's affinity for Temperance was "not exactly resolved" by season's end - and progressed not at all during the surreal finale - she believes "it would make sense for him to come back." .

Also Season 5 premiere is currently scheduled for september 17th in america so I imagine we'll get it around the end of october-ish
    Last edited by squillyfer; 20-05-2009 at 19:27.

season 5 summary released by fox:

As Season Five of BONES begins, Booth and Brennan contend with the emotional fallout resulting from the sea-change in their relationship brought about by events at the end of Season Four. This includes Brennan’s request to have Booth father her child and the strange, profound, almost psychic link they shared during Booth’s coma, which left both of them wondering what thoughts and emotions the other is experiencing. While Booth endeavors to come to grips with these unleashed emotions, Brennan insists that, with the aid of her “squints” in the lab, the two of them focus their attention and energy on their main job – catching murderers that no one else can catch.

Hart Hanson's twitter:

Cyndi Lauper appears on IDOL tom. ... and with only a bit of luck on the season premiere of BONES, scheduled for Sept 17!
    Last edited by squillyfer; 31-05-2009 at 21:38.

Bones Doesn't Put Out

By William Keck

So the Brennan and Booth season-finale sex scene that Bones executive producer Hard Hanson categorically promised would not be a dream turned out to be...a dream. What gives? "It wasn't an out-and-out lie," Hanson says of what he told TV Guide Magazine way back in February. Viewers didn't see a dream but a postsurgical hallucination of a comatose Booth, following his brain tumor removal. That was combined with the fiction Brennan was typing on her laptop. "It was a strange combination of two people's experiences -- a book Brennan wrote and then deleted and a dream in Booth's head," he explains.

Having a hard time swallowing this? You're not alone. Hanson says he received tons of "very nasty" e-mails. (So did we!) The storyline even provoked palpitations among Fox execs when they realized late in the game that House was pulling a similar dream-sex stunt, with its grouchy doc hallucinating having sex with Cuddy before heading to the loony bin. By the time both shows learned about their shockingly similar finales, Hanson says it was too late for either to pull the plug. Some fans were also irritated by the Bones finale's closing moments when Booth awoke from his coma and seemed to suffer from a case of TV amnesia, asking Brennan, "Who are you?"

Hanson regrets he didn't do a better job writing the capper. "Shame on me that almost everybody thought he out and out just had no idea who she was," he says. "I'm unhappy that didn't come across. Oh, if I could redo it." When the new season picks up, Booth recognizes Brennan and believes his hallucination of having sex with her actually happened. "They can no longer pretend that there is not something inside both of them that is screaming out for that alternative reality," Hanson says.

But don't hold your breath for any Booth-on-Brennan sex next season. Hanson says it's not going to happen. Will we ever see the characters hook up for real? "That's the central question of the series," he says. "Fans desperately want it, but if they get what they want, they could be very, very disappointed." What a tease.

[source: tvguide.com]

I'm not really expecting any proper spoilers now until mid august before the new season starts so most bits and pieces from now on will most likely be interviews and speculation. On the plus side (at least I think I'm happy about it) Booth doesnt seem to have some super-serious amnesia as the season finale suggested so I have no idea what the 'who are you?' line was supposed to make us think if not that.
    Last edited by squillyfer; 31-05-2009 at 21:44.

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    To me, by them having the "who are you" line at the end, everyone was bound to think it was a case of memory loss, as opposed to anything else, although I did say to my eldest afterwards, that maybe he was meaning it in the sense of, is Bones, Bones or is she the wife and woman he was with during his coma if that makes sense.

Good thinking by me lol

Although I will admit to being totally disappointed with the whole Finale, and even my hubby who loves Bones, decided that he'd go to bed halfway through, because we were both so hacked off with it.

Thread Information