Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: EastEnders Week 23 (01 June - 05 June 09)

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'brien View Post
    Oh don't say Dawn is going to start sleeping with Phil.
    I don't think she will sleep with him, she is just grateful, but Garry will not see it that way. But then, usually the opposite of what I predict happens so you don't know

This is the dramatic moment that a gas explosion causes a huge fireball to rip through Ian Beale's café in EastEnders.

Despite his best laid plans to murder his 'Ma' Dot (June Brown), Nick Cotton (John Altman) is furious to discover that his daughter Dotty (Molly Conlin) has revealed their fatal plot to kill for their inheritance. Tracking the youngster down to the launderette, Nick bundles Dotty into the back of his car but as he attempts to flee the Square, he crashes into the market flower stall.

Feeling cornered, Nick grabs Dotty and hauls her into the café with him before locking the door and trapping the locals inside, including Whitney (Shona McGarty), Lucy (Melissa Suffield), Bradley (Charlie Clements) and Syd (Nina Toussaint-White).

As those outside realise what's happening, Nick's completely oblivious to the fire which has broken out in the kitchen area. Catching the wayward Cotton unaware, Whitney's male friend (Neil McDermott) wrestles him to the ground, allowing Bradley to usher everyone to safety. All hostages escape, but as the fire blazes, Nick remains inside.

Seeing the worry on Dot's face, Bradley makes a split-second decision to rush back inside to save her son. However, a struggle between the pair ensues as Nick refuses to leave with him. Nick heads for the back door while Bradley attempts his escape through the main entrance. Bradley spots a burst gas pipe and at that moment, the café explodes with him inside.

Scenes air June 2nd at 7.30 pm
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

angel_eyes87 (25-05-2009), JustJodi (25-05-2009), lizann (25-05-2009), parkerman (25-05-2009), tammyy2j (25-05-2009)

That's brilliant. Winston's in the forefront of the third photo.
    Last edited by parkerman; 25-05-2009 at 08:07.

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'brien View Post
    Oh don't say Dawn is going to start sleeping with Phil.

OMG this would make me totally and probably will not watch EE for a long long time

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    Quote Originally Posted by di marco View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Florijo View Post
    I think the mystery visitor to the Jacksons is Whitney's mum.
    i thought it might be the guy thats been following her

Maybe this guy is her brother,, and her mom told him about her and he decides to check her out ??????????????

Poor Bradley trying to be a hero

I wish EE would kill off Nick one and for all now

BTW is Dotty really his daughter?

I am sure that Nick will be killed off in the explosion or at least he will be arrested and jailed, so hopefully he is leaving EE for a long time to come. This storyline is ridiculous imo, could have done more with his character returning. Its all too predictable. :

Eastenders have done the same with Nicks return as they have Clare Bates return, well and truly screwed it up. But with the likes of Ricky/Bianca returns they have succeeded, I think this is because these characters are loved by the nation, where as the others are hated or in Clares case unknown characters. They brought Clare back and tried to make her the same character as she was in Hollyoaks and the fans didn't like this.

I think we all love a good villain such as Archie, Larry Lamb was given a great script and is a brilliant actor, with Nick and Clare the scriptwriters were a bit lazy imo, copied Clare's character from HO and gave Nick a 7-year-old daughter more evil than her father, or so we were supposed to believe. No child of that age would dream of killing somebody for money, fgs.

Archie has to be the squares best villian for years. I agree on the writers part, they could have easily made Clare a nice character instead of copying her character from HO. As for Nick there was no point in bringing him back, we could have just had 'evil' Dotty to be the normal problem child, minus the whole trying to kill Dot.

Thread Information