Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sutherland Faces Investigation Over Fashion Fight

Police photographs aren't meant to be released are they? In the case of Rhianna they were leaked and there is now meant to be an investigation into it.
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by StarsOfCCTV View Post
    Police photographs aren't meant to be released are they? In the case of Rhianna they were leaked and there is now meant to be an investigation into it.
    Maybe I'm being biased I hold my hands up but in kiefer defence it has been reported that he was smashed and maybe he saw Brooke taken a tumble and lashed out but which guy wouldn't. If Kiefer has went and attacked this guy and broke his nose and caused other injuries then fair enough Kiefer is man enough to admit to it an accept the punishment. I just think that this has been blown out of all proportion because Kiefer is known to lash out and ask questions later. Yeah he is known to to go out on the bevvy but in the seven years he has been filming 24 and all other films he has been involved in he has never once missed filming due to being hungover. He has never raised his hand to a female or child in my eyes he's a dam decent guy. all i'm asking is how come any other witnesses haven't come forward in confirming that Kiefer was in the wrong.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

feel sorry for him,probably drunk and over reacted,there will be more to this story,similar to the utd fan who said mouriniho had punched him for nothing,the fashion desighner probably deserved a slap,and he will now become a high prifils desighner and it will give him publicity which he probably wont shy away from,sutherlands known to be a bit temperamental,instead of jailing him,putting him in a alcolol programm might be more helpful to him cos all his problems seem to be alcohol related

Sutherland denies 'untruthful' assault reports

Kiefer Sutherland has labelled reports that he headbutted a fashion designer at a New York party as "untruthful", reports People.
    The 24 star has been charged with assault after Jack McCollough claimed that he had been headbutted by the actor after accidentally bumping into actress Brooke Shields.
    In a statement, his attorney Michael C. Miller said: "We are troubled by the untruthful and self-serving information circulating regarding Kiefer Sutherland and events of last Monday evening.
    "We are confident, however, that the investigation being conducted by the Manhattan District Attorney's Office and the NYPD will confirm that Kiefer Sutherland was neither the instigator nor a wrongdoer in this incident."
    He added that Sutherland would "not be making any comment...out of respect for this law enforcement process".
    McCollough later branded the alleged incident as a "vicious, violent and unprovoked attack".

Kiefer Sutherland's former 24 co-star Carlos Bernard has leaped to his pal's defence following allegations he assaulted a fashion designer at a New York party.

Sutherland is charged with third-degree assault after allegedly headbutting Proenza Schouler co-founder Jack McCollough at a Met Costume Institute Gala afterparty earlier this month.

Bernard, who played government agent Tony Almeida in the hit drama series, has been friends with Sutherland since they began working together in 2001.

And the 36-year-old star can't believe his friend would commit such a violent act - because the behaviour seems so out of character for Sutherland.

He says, "Kiefer is one of my best friends, and he's a great guy. I've been around the world with him in bars and social situations, and I've never seen anything close to this happening, He always bends over backwards to be courteous with people and to be generous with his time."

Sutherland, who is currently under a probation order in Los Angeles relating to a 2007 conviction for driving under the influence, faces a $1,000 (£660) fee and up to a year in jail if convicted of the third-degree assault charge.

His arraignment is scheduled for 22 June at Manhattan Criminal Court.

Kiefer Sutherland has revealed that he is "grateful" for the support that he has received following allegations that he headbutted a fashion designer.

The 24 star was charged with misdemeanour assault last week after Jack McCollough accused the actor of headbutting him at a party in New York.

Speaking to Entertainment Tonight, Sutherland said: "Unfortunately, I'm not really in a position to comment until the situation is really dealt with, but I've certainly felt a lot of support and I'm grateful for that."

It had been reported that the pair became embroiled in a scuffle after Sutherland accused the designer of bumping into actress Brooke Shields. However, an attorney for Sutherland recently dismissed the allegations.

In a statement, he said that he was "troubled by the untruthful and self-serving information" surrounding the alleged incident, insisting that his client was "neither the instigator nor the wrongdoer" in the altercation.

That should put somebody's mind on here at ease, won't it, *cough Kath

I know he's innocent if Kiefer was guilty of the crime he would have held his hands up and accept the punishment like he did with the drink driving charge.

Kiefer Sutherland has admitted that he "really regrets" his altercation with fashion designer Jack McCollough.

Earlier this month, the 24 star was charged with misdemeanour assault after allegedly headbutting McCollough in a dispute over actress Brooke Shields.

When asked about the incident on Late Night by host Jimmy Fallon, Sutherland said: "We can joke about it but it's something I really regret having happened. And until it's kind of resolved, I really can't talk about it."

Later on in the interview, the actor told Fallon that bloopers from 24 have been saved for a future release.

"We've actually saved bloopers for about seven seasons. I think we're going to save them for the final year," he said. "The show is so serious - when something does go wrong it's unbelievably funny."

I bet there are some crackers of bloopers over the last 7 years.

NEW YORK (AP) -- Kiefer Sutherland and the fashion designer he's accused of head-butting at a Manhattan night club said Friday they resolved their differences, clearing the way for the charges to be dropped. Sutherland and Jack McCollough issued a brief joint statement Friday to The Associated Press through Sutherland's attorney.

"I am sorry about what happened that night and sincerely regret that Mr. McCollough was injured," Sutherland said in the statement.

The star of Fox television's "24" was charged May 7 with third-degree assault in the alleged incident two weeks ago at a nightclub at the Mercer Hotel in the trendy SoHo neighborhood of Manhattan. The minor charge is comparable to a speeding ticket.

A spokeswoman for the Manhattan District Attorney's office declined to comment on whether the charges would be dismissed.

But now that Sutherland and McCollough say they have resolved their differences, a prosecutor may go before a judge and ask that the case be dropped. That could happen at Sutherland's next scheduled court appearance on June 22.

"I appreciate Mr. Sutherland's statement and wish him well," McCollough said in the statement.

McCollough, of the high-end Proenza Schouler fashion house, said Sutherland head-butted him and broke his nose after an argument. The two were out following the gala at the Costume Institute of The Metropolitan Museum of Art, a fancy affair studded with celebrities.

The story spurred a media frenzy as a swarm of reporters gathered outside the 1st Precinct in Manhattan to watch as Sutherland arrived for questioning and was charged. Photographers also shadowed Sutherland and McCollough while rumors swirled about the nature of their altercation and what role, if any, actress Brooke Shields might have played.

Sutherland, who has won a Golden Globe and an Emmy for his portrayal of dashing federal counterterrorism agent Jack Bauer on "24," pleaded no contest in October 2007 to driving with a blood-alcohol level above the legal limit of 0.08 percent.

He served 30 days in jail, in addition to 18 days for violating probation in a 2004 drunken-driving arrest.

Thread Information