Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sutherland Faces Investigation Over Fashion Fight

Sutherland Faces Investigation Over Fashion Fight

Police have launched an investigation after 24 star Kiefer Sutherland was accused of headbutting a fashion designer at a swanky New York party on Tuesday night.

The actor reportedly flew into a rage with Proenza Schouler designer Jack McCollough after he knocked into actress Brooke Shields at the Met Costume Institute Gala.

Sutherland is said to have confronted the catwalk mogul and told him to apologise to the star. He is then alleged to have headbutted McCollough in the face, injuring his nose, according to TMZ.com.

The website reports that a police report was taken and the incident is under investigation.

A spokesperson for Shields insists the actress has been left baffled by the incident, saying, "Nothing happened to her. Jack did nothing inappropriate. It's not clear what caused Keifer to do what he did."

Sutherland is currently under a probation order in Los Angeles relating to his 2007 conviction for driving under the influence (DUI).

He was sentenced to 48 days in jail but could be sent back to prison if he is found to have violated the terms of his release.

God he can't go back to jail they've just began filming day 8. He was only defending a female.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

ACTOR KIEFER SUTHERLAND is to be charged by cops after claims he headbutted a fashion designer.

Sutherland, 42, allegedly flew into a rage like his 24 character Jack Bauer at a New York club.

He is said to have broken JACK McCOLLOUGH’s nose after accusing him of pushing over actress BROOKE SHIELDS.

Now the actor has been told to show up at a New York police station and get a desk appearance ticket for an upcoming arraignment date.

Sutherland is currently under a probation order in Los Angeles relating to his 2007 conviction for driving under the influence (DUI).

He spent 48 days in jail but could be sent back to prison if he is found to have violated the terms of his release.

A representative from the LA City Attorney's office told US website TMZ.com they will contact the New York Police Department to get details and then decide if they will try to revoke Sutherland's probation.

From The Sun

He's innocent don't jail him.

He is not innocent if he broke the guy's nose,but he should not be jailed.

Kiefer Sutherland's alleged fight with a fashion designer could delay filming on 24, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

The actor could be pulled in by police after reportedly headbutting clothing designer Jack McCollough at a Manhattan nightclub earlier this week.

A law enforcement official said that McCollough told police his face was cut by a blow following a heated argument.

Nobody has been arrested over the incident, but reports claim that Sutherland could be jailed after the alleged attack.

"Part of his probation is likely to obey all laws, so the judge in L.A. will look closely at the New York case," said criminal defence attorney Richard Hirsch. "He can send him back to jail, sentence him to community service - that's all negotiable and would depend on the outcome in New York."

Sutherland is currently on parole from a 2007 DUI charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post

The guy's probably only got a tiny scratch and wants to make a big deal out of it because it's Kiefer and he wants the publicity. Kiefer wouldn't attack anyone just for no reason he must have thought that this guy did behave unappropraitly towards Brooke Sheilds and he was defending her.

Kiefer Sutherland has been charged with assault after he allegedly headbutted a fashion designer on Tuesday morning.

The actor surrendered to questioning over the incident and a spokesperson for the New York Police Department confirmed that he has been charged with misdemeanour assault.

Reports have suggested that the incident occurred after fashion designer Jack McCollough accidentally bumped into actress Brooke Shields.

Los Angeles City Attorney Frank Mateljan said that prosecutors are consulting with investigators to determine if the alleged assault puts the 24 star in violation of his probation for a drink-drive conviction in California.

McCollough has said that he was subjected to "a vicious, violent, unprovoked assault" by Sutherland.

Does not look good for Kiefer at the moment, does it

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'brien View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    The guy's probably only got a tiny scratch and wants to make a big deal out of it because it's Kiefer and he wants the publicity. Kiefer wouldn't attack anyone just for no reason he must have thought that this guy did behave unappropraitly towards Brooke Sheilds and he was defending her.
    If he did it he should be punished. Whether prison or not well that's not for us to decide. He's on probation he should know better than go around head butting people, even if they do behave inappropriately, you can talk to them not headbutt them. If someone did that to me I wouldn't care about whether they were famous or not I'd want them to get punished for what they did so they didn't do it again.

It seems as though he needs to sort his anger out not go around playing the hero.
    Last edited by StarsOfCCTV; 08-05-2009 at 10:54.
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to StarsOfCCTV For This Useful Post:

Perdita (08-05-2009)

This is from the fox/24 site:

So this whole rift between Brooke Shields and Kiefer Sutherland over the headbutting incident ... here's the real story.
    Brooke's reps told us that Kiefer was full of it when he said alleged victim Jack McCollough knocked Brooke over. Her reps said "nothing happened to her."
    But Brooke has told friends she was indeed "jostled" by McCollough just before the headbutting, though she says it was "no big deal." Brooke says after McCollough made contact with her she fell, but not all the way to the ground. She doesn't believe it was intentional.
    Brooke blames the fall on her 6" high heels and the fact that the room was dark and crowded and it was really really late.
    Brooke says it all happened so fast.... but fact is, she does back up Kiefer on the issue of contact

Kiefer has been bailed until 22 June and at present there will no delay in the filming of day 8. It's upto Brooke to speak up if Kiefer was out of order, which I don't think he was then fair enough but I still think that McCollough is making a mountain out of a molehill. If kiefer did break his nose and cause him serious damage why hasn't police photographs been released.

Thread Information