Thread: Amira Shah

Arrow Amira Shah

Doesnt she look great!!!, she's looks stunning

Preeya Kalidas as Amira

http://www.walfordweb.co.uk/articles...le.php?id=1514

Looking forward to seeing Preeya - the one i was looking forward to the most, always thought she would be a good addiction to the show and the Masood's family

There is a article in Inside Soap on Amira arriving

Not only does she fail to hit it off with fiercley protective mum Zainab but she discovers that her beau has lied about his job, his fiances and pretty much everything else. Will the shock be enough to drive Amira away for good? "I doubt it, she's very much in love with Syed" explains Preeya Kalidas, who plays Amira. "She can be a bit of a princess though. After all, she grown up in Kensington and has a mega rich daddy whos spoilt her rotten. But she sees Syed as someone she could have a future with" Mind you the future is looking pretty shaky as the Masoods welcome Amira into their home. Zainab takes an instant dislike to her stuck up guest, while husband Masood is disgusted when she realises she has no idea about the real Syed. That's until Tamwar spills the beans.......

"She's stunned when Tam tells her that Syed's a fraud who has no money" shares Preeya. "When Amira's questioned him in the past,Syed has always come up with answers and she really wanted to believe him. So out of anger and frustration she goes of on one and is rude to the entire family, then storms out"
    (Good thing is she doesnt do it on purpose but it doesnt look good in Zee's eyes lol)

But Zainab shouldnt breathe a sigh of relief just yet as Preeya tells us that Amira will fight to keep her and Syed's love alive - no matter what the cost. "It's not going to be easy" she predicts "Theres some conflict with Janine on teh cards. I dont know if they'll have a catfight but there'll be a bit of verbal sparring.

And she gains a good mate in Christian, which will be cool
    She and Christian will become firm friends, which is unlikely to please his current best pal Roxy Mitchell. "Amira gets really close to Christain" Preeya whispers "He'll be giving her lots of good advice and she'll come to really respect him"
    Last edited by Lennie; 28-04-2009 at 18:03.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lennie For This Useful Post:

matt1378 (09-05-2009)

makes me feel old seeing her all grown up
    westlife @ echo 18th march 2011 block 17
    westlife @ men 22nd march 2011 block C

Wow haven't seen her in years - She is STUNNING indeed! & The whole plot sounds interesting too
    Last edited by .:SpIcYsPy:.; 03-05-2009 at 16:32.

EastEnders newcomer Preeya Kalidas has insisted that her character Amira Shah truly loves her screen boyfriend Syed Masood (Marc Elliott).

Last week, the Masoods met Amira for the first time when Zainab (Nina Wadia) interfered in her son's life and arranged for her to attend a family meal.

However, the dinner ended on a sour note when Masood (Nitin Ganatra) threw Amira out after she reacted badly to the news that Syed had no money.

However, Amira returns to the Square and Syed in a few weeks' time. Speaking to DS at the British Soap Awards, Kalidas teased: "Her world collapses around her, so she ends up coming back to Syed, the man she truly loves."

She continued: "Amira does move in with [Janine] and we have some really great exchanges actually. Some very strong women together in one household."

When asked whether Syed's relationship with Janine Butcher (Charlie Brooks) will be revisited, Elliott added: "I don't know whether they will or won't...there's been a bit more stuff with her, but that's all I'm willing to say!"

Preeya mentioned in the DS vid on BSA Red carpet that Roxy and Amira do end up getting on, and you'll find out why as well in the future episodes

So she is coming back?

I prefer Syed with Janine

She is coming back as she really loves him and they put their differences aside. Won't be for too long though, as this is soap land

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (28-05-2009)

Thread Information