Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Swine Flu

The UN's World Health Organization has raised the alert over the spread of swine flu to level five - one short of a full-blown pandemic. WHO's Dr Margaret Chan: 'All countries should immediately activate their pandemic preparedness plans'.
    Quotes taken from very recent BBC article.. Man I am getting soooo worried now!
    My form tutor said this afternoon if it they announce it as level five it will be level six in no time! I feel so lost?!

All you can do it be extra careful with hygiene. Washing hands etc. Apparently masks aren't that useful for protecting yourself though. The UK has plenty of stockpiles of antiviral drugs (and I expect other developed countries will do too) so when people get sick they have a good chance of survival.

Its the third world countries that will suffer. If the virus gets over there they may not be able to get afford the treatment, and places like Africa where there is a high prevalence of HIV/AIDS (wrecks the immune system) well, it could just wipe them out!
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to StarsOfCCTV For This Useful Post:

.:SpIcYsPy:. (30-04-2009)

Dont worry about the Swine Flu anymore folks I have found the cure

Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Chloe O'brien (30-04-2009), Chloe-Elise (05-05-2009), CrazyLea (30-04-2009), Luna (30-04-2009), parkerman (02-05-2009), Perdita (01-05-2009), Pinkbanana (04-05-2009), StarsOfCCTV (30-04-2009)

My nephew has bought a load of tamiflu for the family, he bought it when Bird flu was doing it's rounds. just remember to keep your fingers out of your hooter but if you sneeze or cough wash your hands for 20 seconds, that's two verses of Happy Birthday.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Chloe O'brien For This Useful Post:

Perdita (01-05-2009)

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Debs (04-05-2009), Luna (01-05-2009), parkerman (02-05-2009), Perdita (01-05-2009), Pinkbanana (04-05-2009), StarsOfCCTV (01-05-2009)

Michael Jackson has reportedly abandoned plans to visit Britain over fears that he might catch swine flu.

According to the Daily Express, the 'Thriller' star had hoped to travel to the UK within the next few weeks in order to find a suitable home to live in during his residency at London's O2 arena.

"Michael wanted to come over for viewings... because he wants to make sure the property is just right - after all he will be renting it from now until February next year," The Daily Telegraph quotes a source as saying.

"But that is off for the time being. We are going to send him videos. Michael doesn't want to travel because of the worry surrounding the flu outbreak."

He usually wears a face mask anyway, he could wear a couple now

Singer Tulisa Contostavlos, from pop band N-Dubz, is being tested for swine flu after falling ill on board a flight to Greece, her manager has confirmed.

The 20-year-old from north London was taken to hospital in Athens.

Miss Contostavlos has undergone tests to determine if she has the virus, which has now been confirmed in 15 cases in the UK.

The band's manager Jonathan Shalit has told the Press Association her band mates are "all very worried about her".

He added that he had "no idea how she got ill" but "the nature of being a singer is that you meet and shake hands with a huge amount of people".

The three-piece, which includes Miss Contostavlos's 21-year old cousin Dino 'Dappy' Contostavlos and their childhood friend Richard Rawson, 22, have enjoyed huge success this year.

They currently occupy the top spot in the singles chart, featuring on Tinchy Stryder's hit, Number 1.

The band are also due to play Radio 1's Big Weekend in Swindon next weekend but the appearance could be in jeopardy if tests prove positive.

He started it all
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Well, 5 confirmed cases in UK, a school shut in Devon and the first confirmed death outside of Mexico - a 23 month old child from Texas.
    Sorry Im late with all my replies that child who died, I was watching Sky News when It was confirmed the child wasnt from Texas, but from Mexico, the child had travelled their for help with treatment

I think to some extent it has caused a large panic that needed

The population of Mexcio is something like 100 million, or that might be one of the cities where it is over populated
    Now of course it horrible that people have it and died but if you compare it to the population of these countires and infact the world population that percentage is very tiny.

Also people forget that nowadays the heathcare system is better no matter how much people complain about it, out technology is better
    Oh, and I believe one of the last pandemic was years ago, I read one was in 1918, where malnuaturiton was high, we had poor diets, no matter what people might say, ours is better these days,so we are healthier compared to last time, idicating why it is poor countires that will ssuffer the most

Even Winnie the Pooh is not safe

15. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Chloe-Elise (05-05-2009)

Thread Information