Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Outnumbered

i think they have got better as they have got older. There are some brilliant lines.

Loved the whole men/women thing in the last episode and then at the end the mum was like to the man at the door and she said "im not really to good at this type of thing ill just get my husband"

The BBC has announced that it has renewed Outnumbered for a fourth series.

The partially-improvised comedy, which has aired on the BBC since 2007, focuses on two parents struggling to keep their children under control.

The cast includes Claire Skinner, Hugh Dennis, Tyger Drew-Honey, Daniel Roche and Ramona Marquez.

The BBC has now revealed that six new episodes will air later this year, although a return date has not yet been set. A Christmas special of the show will also be broadcast.

The announcement was posted on the BBC Comedy blog along with the promise that the new series will see the characters "confronted by an array of challenges in the shape of death, drugs, terrorism, getting old, food science, Top Gear, the joy of ventriloquism and the perils of Subbuteo".

Andy Hamilton, who writes Outnumbered with Guy Jenkin, has previously admitted that the BBC was initially reluctant to commission the comedy.

DS

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

parkerman (01-04-2011)

That's excellent news.

I love outnumbered glad to know it's coming back.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

It is back Friday the 2nd of September 2011

They trailers are so funny.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

So, what does everyone think then?

I have to say I have been a little bit disappointed by this new series. It's still quite funny, but not, I think, as good as the first three series. I thought, for example, that the discussion between Karen and the person in the Shopping Centre touting for support to stop heart disease was a bit contrived and much the same as other conversations she's had. Maybe it's because there's not much else you can do and the fact that the children are getting that bit older. Maybe they should have followed Fawlty Towers example and quit while they were ahead...though I still like Ben.

P.S. Why is this in the Movie, Radio and Arts Discussion forum?

I thought episode three was much better - more like its old self. Ben was brilliant and Jake had a lot more to do.

yeh, i agree! ben when telling the tales and they go back and all the other kids are awake and hes snoring! or when hes sat up the tree!

Thread Information