Thread: Slug to make 'Coronation Street' return

Slug to make 'Coronation Street' return

Ashes to Ashes actor Marshall Lancaster will make a comeback to Coronation Street at the end of June.
    The 34-year-old, who plays DC Chris Skelton in the BBC police drama, returns to filming with the Weatherfield soap in a few weeks' time as Becky Granger's (Katherine Kelly) wayward ex-boyfriend Slug.
    Talking of his return, he told DS: "I'm going back for a bit longer this time. The opportunity for him to come back was always there.
    "There were a couple of times they asked me back and I was filming Ashes at the time so I was disappointed that I couldn't do it and I didn't think they would hang on. But luckily it's worked out this time and they've written him back in so I'm really chuffed with that."
    Slug was last seen leaving Becky stranded on the Moors after stealing Roy (David Neilson) and Hayley's (Julie Hesmondhalgh) Morris Minor Traveller.
    Joking about the length of his latest stint, he continued: "There will be a good few episodes with Slug in this time I should imagine. I suppose it depends what he gets up to and how long it takes before he gets sent down!"
    He is due to reappear on screen at the end of June and is rumoured to cause havoc for Becky and Steve (Simon Gregson) as they prepare for their second wedding.
    Speaking about working with Katherine Kelly, he beamed: "She's brilliant. She makes life so easy for you - the first day I was on set she helps you to settle in. My first scene was walking down the street with this dog that was uncontrollable and trying to find its owner and it said [in the script] 'Slug gives Becky a dirty snog'.
    "That was my first scene and I was thinking 'Oh God!' My mouth was dry, but she said 'Don't worry, love!' She really put me at ease and was very talkative and lovely

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Oh of course it was him!

I quite liked him i thought he might return.

Thread Information