Thread: Neighbour's star takes a break

Neighbour's star takes a break

Tom Oliver has revealed how he would like his character Lou Carpenter to eventually exit Neighbours.

The actor, who first appeared in the Australian soap in 1988, rejected the traditional ways characters leave Ramsay Street in favour of some of his own ideas.

"[Going to] Bendigo seems to be choice number one, some couples have gone to Perth too. I don't think Lou will ever retire. Just for fun I wrote half a dozen ideas of how Lou could leave the show," he told DS.

"Choice number six was that he drops dead of a heart attack in the general store, holding a beer with a beautiful woman on his knee and a smile on his face. That would be Lou's perfect exit!"

Oliver went on to admit that he is unsure what storylines Lou will have once he returns to the show after a short break.

"I'm taking a three-month break, so Lou will be off your screens for a bit," he said. "But when he comes back the Parkers will have gone, so who knows where Lou will even live? So long as it's not that bloody caravan!"

Neighbours star Tom Oliver has revealed how his real-life charity work will be incorporated into the soap.

Oliver, who has played Ramsay Street's Lou Carpenter for 25 years, explained that the storyline has been concocted to allow him to have a part-time role on the show.

Speaking to TV Tonight, Oliver explained: "Lauren and her family have moved to Erinsborough so I can't go to Queensland, and they're resurrecting, God bless her, Mae Ling, my Asian daughter, who is now running a charity for children in Phnom Penh, so I go over there.

"Lou gets so impressed that he wants to help out and start one here. We're going to call it what our [real] charity is actually called, Connecting Hands.

"It will hopefully be very beneficial to us with donors because it brings us worldwide publicity."

In real life, Oliver has cut back on his work hours to spend time with his family and work on his charities in Cambodia.

© Channel 5
    Lou gets his family back on the street.

He said: "I'm semi-retired now. I do two months on, two months off, which enables me to do the work that I do in Asia with a charity.

"We're a partner with a sister charity in Phnom Penh. We fight human trafficking and rescue child sex slaves. They're not paid prostitutes, they're sex slaves.

"They're the most beautiful children. They're getting younger and younger, unfortunately, ranging from 5 to 14. And we had one 3-year-old rescued."
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Neighbours star Tom Oliver has revealed how his real-life charity work will be incorporated into the soap.

Oliver, who has played Ramsay Street's Lou Carpenter for 25 years, explained that the storyline has been concocted to allow him to have a part-time role on the show.

Speaking to TV Tonight, Oliver explained: "Lauren and her family have moved to Erinsborough so I can't go to Queensland, and they're resurrecting, God bless her, Mae Ling, my Asian daughter, who is now running a charity for children in Phnom Penh, so I go over there.

"Lou gets so impressed that he wants to help out and start one here. We're going to call it what our [real] charity is actually called, Connecting Hands.

"It will hopefully be very beneficial to us with donors because it brings us worldwide publicity."

In real life, Oliver has cut back on his work hours to spend time with his family and work on his charities in Cambodia.

© Channel 5
    Lou gets his family back on the street.

He said: "I'm semi-retired now. I do two months on, two months off, which enables me to do the work that I do in Asia with a charity.

"We're a partner with a sister charity in Phnom Penh. We fight human trafficking and rescue child sex slaves. They're not paid prostitutes, they're sex slaves.

"They're the most beautiful children. They're getting younger and younger, unfortunately, ranging from 5 to 14. And we had one 3-year-old rescued."
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post

My admiration for Tom Oliver has just grown 100-fold reading that

Thread Information