Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 10 and 11 year old charged with attempted murder

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Yes, I agree with you. I tend to blame the violent games that kids have access to, which seems to de-sensitise people towards violence. I know the label says to over 18 year old persons only but I know my stepson watched 18 censored movies when he was about 12 or 13. Parents are either not around to stop them or they don't care. I suppose there are not many things around for youngsters to get their kicks and excitement in other ways than to rob and knife each other.
    i dont think you can blame violent video games really. kids of 10 and 11 should know the difference between right and wrong and so should know doing what they did is wrong, whether they play these video games or not. im sure loads of kids play these games and most of them dont go out attacking people
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

I work in a school with 4-5 year olds and what frightens me most is they are so violent even when playing, it's power rangers this and that, and they kick and punch each other, not realising it hurts, they see it as normal play, I think if they can do this at that age, they will have no concept of hurting another human being when they are older.

Quote Originally Posted by no1abbafan View Post
    I work in a school with 4-5 year olds and what frightens me most is they are so violent even when playing, it's power rangers this and that, and they kick and punch each other, not realising it hurts, they see it as normal play, I think if they can do this at that age, they will have no concept of hurting another human being when they are older.
    I completely agree with you there. My four year old niece started kicking and punching shorting after watching Power Rangers. When her parents stopped her watching it, the kicking stopped.

I'm interested to know whether the kids intended to assault the victims or whether the heat of the moment over took them i.e. was it premeditated. It's a whole different ball game if the kids deliberately set out to cause serious injury and possibly death.
    Thanks CrazyLea

That is why I think the violent games that kids play with can have an affect on youngsters, they are copying what they see.

maybe younger children yes, children who are 4, 5, 6, even 7 dont know fully the extent of right and wrong and are probably just acting out what they have seen/played. however by the time you get to 10 and 11yrs old you do know the different between something youve seen on tv or a computer game youve played and real life and you know what the consequences would be if you acted it out
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

THe sad thing is, that like the Bulger murderers, if convicted and sent away... these children will infact end up with a great education and a much better start to life than they, or other children, would normally get - that's our justice system for ya!

Thanking the fabulous TAbbie, for the banner!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Pinkbanana For This Useful Post:

Chloe O'brien (08-04-2009)

I just find it, very very scary!

The blame on why these little b******s did what they did to two other children lies with the parents, society can blame video games, tv programmes, movies whatever but who is allowing children to view this violence.

The heartbreaking reality is that these animals are going to walk away virtually scotch free just like James Bulger's killers as they are kids in the eyes of the law and can't be tried as adults despite the sickening crime they have committed. They will be held away in a secure childrens home, until the trial and once they have served their time them and their families will be given new identities, money and a new life on the other side of the world, while their victims will be scarred and traumatised for life.

The two brothers are with foster parents because the real junkie f**k parents don't give a sh*t. If the brothers are two young to convict then make the parents do the 10 or 15 year jail term.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Chloe O'brien For This Useful Post:

Pinkbanana (08-04-2009)

I have 2 daughters at Primary School. One is in Yr 1 and the other is in Yr3. In both classes there is a boy that you could describe as a child from hell. Both have differant upbringings - the Yr 1 boy's parents are in the pub every single day when I walk past it to pick my children up from school and they return to the pub with him once they've picked him up. The Yr 3 boy comes from a very affluent family, large house with iron gates and has everything money can buy.

As I said both boys are hellish at school. I've had to complain about both - the yr 3 boy for repeatedly flashing to my daughter and the yr 1 boy for whacking my 6 year old across the back with a hockey stick. Both children are violent towards other children, disobedient in class and have no respect whatsoever for authority. How do the school deal with them? The yr 1 has a box of toys to play with and the yr 3 boy has a chart on the wall with targets on it. One target is that if he keeps his hands and feet to himself at lunchtime and breaktime then he will be allowed to play on the computer. This is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard.

There is another boy in yr 2 with similar "problems" and both of his parents are teachers at the school! One of them being head of Junior and responsible for dealing with the badly behaved children. (You're not allowed to call them naughty these days cos it lowers their self esteem.)

So who is responsible for the bad behaviour in these 3 boys? Parents, the school or are some kids just rotten? One thing for sure, I don't think this namby pamby pc approach helps one bit.

Well if any of these boys were my kids they would be saying hello to the happy hand right across the backside. That is what is wrong and why so many children and young people are unruly they have no structure in their upbringing, they are not told or shown how to show respect then they become out of control. I still say the parents should be held accountable and they should be hit were it hurts in the wallet. Fine them everytime their child comits a crime. Take if off their beneifits the government have the resources to do that they can arrest someone salary for non-payment of council tax. If they are persistantly absent from school stop their free school meals and clothing allowance. Parents will soon do something about their kids when they are having to cough up.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Thread Information