Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 10 and 11 year old charged with attempted murder

10 and 11 year old charged with attempted murder

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...choolboys.html

Is this another repeat of the James Bulger tragedy? Two young children prepared to maim and kill two other young children when all they should be doing is kicking a football around. What is happening in our society?

God help us all.

I don't think the other kids are dead... they are seriously injured hence attempted murder.. it is an utter disgrace what is going on in our world
    Super Mod

I did not say the other kids were dead, I said that the two perpetrators were prepared to kill, hence the charge for attempted murder, not manslaughter. I feel shocked and must say that I feel quite disolusioned at times in these days. I know there has always been crime throughout human history but I can't help feeling that the world has become more violent and malicious over the past 40 years or so.

Sorry Perdy, I misread... I think, for me, the most shocking about this is that it is kids killing kids!! they are just babies 10 and 11 year olds
    Super Mod

Yes, I agree with you. I tend to blame the violent games that kids have access to, which seems to de-sensitise people towards violence. I know the label says to over 18 year old persons only but I know my stepson watched 18 censored movies when he was about 12 or 13. Parents are either not around to stop them or they don't care. I suppose there are not many things around for youngsters to get their kicks and excitement in other ways than to rob and knife each other.
    Last edited by Perdita; 08-04-2009 at 11:37. Reason: typo

Maybe it has something to do with their upbringing. Says in that article they had been in foster care for a month so obviously things were bad enough that they were taken away from their real family. Some people should not be allowed to have kids until they are capable to take care of them and teach them right from wrong.
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

I don't know if it is upbringing or not.. it depends on the child and how they adapt to that.. I know a parent who has 4 girls. She herself is a very lawful, decent parent.. out of her 4 girls only 1 went to college, has a fantastic job.. the other 3 dropped out of school, have been in trouble with the police and now have 2 or 3 kids for different fathers... They were all brought up in the same house, same parents, the only difference was the choice of friends the girls made...

Maybe it is not just the parents or the area but the choice you make of friends??? I don't know
    Super Mod

I think it is probably a combination of all things, upbringing, friends, social environment. Councils are scrapping everything for kids to do, play parks, youth centres etc. and other facilities have become too expensive where they still exist. And then of course, there is the PC brigade who forbid law abiding citizen to chastise a youngster they see doing wrong because they then end up in court rather than the other way around.

its disgusting how kids of that age could do that to other kids!
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

Thread Information