Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Thread: Sophie Webster (Brooke Vincent)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Are you implying working in Dev's corner shop is not a career ???
    It's a job. Some people never want a career. Nice to see someone doing a normal job I think.

Quote Originally Posted by mandi29 View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks Brooke is amazing,,,, she has been on corrie just over ten years and grown p with the show, she has had some really good stories to do as well,,,, I loved the learning she was a lesbian and dealing with that, falling in love with her best friend and having to deal with that also, hiding the fact she was a lesbian, and then the accident and all.... She is a strong character she has just not been given the right story lines after Sasha left,,,, until maddie (Amy) arrived that is, I love maddie and have done from day one, I know she got a lot of bad press at first and that's not fair, this was her first acting role... But she has grown to be liked and now will be sadly missed.... Think Sasha should come back but the problem there is if she would stay in the soap cause I think we need a long term girlfriend for Sophie and a child for her to deal with the grown up world... So I am team Brooke and she can do no wrong I'm my eyes xx
    I like Sophie too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffed_lemur View Post
    It's a job. Some people never want a career. Nice to see someone doing a normal job I think.
    they all do normal jobs, don't they ? Factory, pub, kebab shop, Dev's , cab office. All normal jobs.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LouiseP For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (08-06-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by LouiseP View Post
    they all do normal jobs, don't they ? Factory, pub, kebab shop, Dev's , cab office. All normal jobs.
    Yes, and that's good. I was just making the point that big careers don't matter to everyone. I don't think it would make Sophie more interesting.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruffed_lemur For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (08-06-2015)

Kevin Webster is about to see a lot more of Sophie in Coronation Street.

Actress Brooke Vincent has revealed that Sophie will leave her job at Dev's shop to work for her dad.

As Sophie gets ready for the service, Kevin asks her if she is having doubts about going through with the wedding. Sophie assures him that she is doing the right thing

© ITV
    Michael Le Vell and Brooke Vincent as Kevin and Sophie in Coronation Street

"Sophie starts bossing her dad about," Vincent told Radio Times. "She'll be working for Kevin's expanded business, and we see her grow up a bit."

After Sophie lost her partner Maddie in the Victoria Court fire, Vincent is pleased that her future storylines will focus more on her professional life.

"We'll see her working in the garage rather than getting another girlfriend and something else going wrong," explained the actress. "I would like for her to have another girlfriend in the future, but I think it's good that we're seeing a different side to her as she advances her career."

Her new role as a "bossy businesswoman" did come with a downside for Vincent, though: "I am quite gutted about the fact that I'm going to be outside all the time and will get really cold."

Coronation Street topped the soap ratings on Wednesday (September 9) as Tracy Barlow was arrested for the Victoria Court Fire.

Digital Spy recently spoke to Michael Le Vell and Brooke Vincent about the shock return of Jenny Bradley (Sally Ann Matthews) and the upcoming live episode.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3...#ixzz3ldJnugnj

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (13-09-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    After Sophie lost her partner Maddie in the Victoria Court fire, Vincent is pleased that her future storylines will focus more on her professional life.
    It's a coincidence that we discussed the possibility of Sophie focussing on a career instead of the next girlfriend a few months back. It sounds like a good move for the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    It's a coincidence that we discussed the possibility of Sophie focussing on a career instead of the next girlfriend a few months back. It sounds like a good move for the character.
    Perhaps -Kevin will open a branch abroad
    (Yorks?) and she could work there!!

More seriously -it would be an improvement.
    It would be good to see a young female
    character have a career- in time could
    start own business?

Her relationships got very???. A male
    character behaving as she has done would
    have received more criticism?

Which just leaves "the voice"- which as she
    doesnt seem to speak like that when interviewed
    personally- has either decided or been advised
    is appropriate for the part. !!!!
    Last edited by maidmarian; 13-09-2015 at 19:28.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to maidmarian For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (13-09-2015)

dupl
    Last edited by maidmarian; 13-09-2015 at 19:27.

Brooke Vincent will be taking a break from Coronation Street.

The actress, who plays Sophie Webster, will step off the cobbles next year for eight weeks to star in a play as a pregnant mum.

Coronation Street: Brooke Vincent as Sophie Webster
    © ITV / Rob Evans
    Brooke Vincent as Sophie Webster

It will mark Vincent's first experience of live theatre, and The Mirror reports that it won't cause an issue for the ITV soap as they have been given enough notice.

She is contracted until next summer on Corrie.

The play will be based at Salford's Lowry Theatre, and Vincent could also tour the UK with the production.

This week, viewers will see her character Sophie receive a stake in her dad Kevin's (Michael Le Vell) garage. Back in September, the actress spoke about the new role for Sophie as a "bossy businesswoman".

http://bcove.me/k6nqyk26

Speaking to Digital Spy, Vincent revealed she was fed up with being asked about playing a lesbian.

Brooke Vincent's break from Coronation Street will not happen until next September, the actress has revealed.

It was previously announced that the Sophie Webster star would be taking some time off to appear in a play next year.

Vincent wrote in Reveal: "I will say that I am not engaged or pregnant, but I am off timetable from Corrie for eight weeks next September to perform in a play!"

She added that she will explain everything, "but not until early next year".

It has been reported that the break will not cause an issue for Coronation Street, as enough notice has been given.

Her first live theatre role, Vincent will star in the play as a pregnant mum at Salford's Lowry Theatre. She may also tour the UK with the production.

This week's episodes see her character Sophie get a stake in her father Kevin's (Michael Le Vell) garage​.

Thread Information